A Card Certification/HVAC Journeyman

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

local#597 in Joliet, Illinois

66 months ago

You can get a copy of the star test from the hall. Its 400 plus questions from the latest Ive heard. Hydronics,ddc pnuematics,boiler chiller and stupid stuff. Dont worry I heard the B card test was the hardest next to the star test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

James in South Bend, Indiana

64 months ago

Hi everyone Im just about to start school for associate in Hvac at a two year school the state is paying for after I got laid off from a factory I worked at for 6 years. Im a little nervous about what to expect in that I havent been in school since 1997. Im married have two kids but want to get back to wrk as soon as possible and have seen differnt pay scale and people saying they hate it people saying they love it any ideas??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MIKE in Albany, New York

64 months ago

Thanks hvac tech I have to see what the list of books are again the school wants. Mainly the advisor/teacher said the tools($800) have to be bought and brought on the 1st day plus books. The only good part is the last quarter of school no books are needed and no more new tools. I just hope to save enough by then. I have time now to read and thats what I want to do, but sometimes if I can't picture what I'm reading I'm lost. Do the books have pictures? I know very little about gas burners and hvac now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hvac tech 12 in Concord, North Carolina

64 months ago

yes, the books are yery well illustrated. with you being new in the field I would highly recomend the book"Refrigeration and Air conditioning" It covers it all for a good foundation. JUST FYI you can save alot of money by getting the ISBN number off the back of the book and type that number in google it will give you all the places that book is sold. most scholls purchase the books from other companys like ACCA then double the price. while you can get them online close to their cost. other good books That i have found to be very helpful are books put out by esco press author is Richard Jazwin GO TO www.escoinst.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kyle in san jose california in Alameda, California

62 months ago

does any of yall now how to apply for your journey level card in the state of california

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RJB281@yahoo.com in Orland Park, Illinois

61 months ago

Where do you get a HVAC certificate? Does a Tech school diploma from Coyne American Institute count?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

tara in Roseville, California

59 months ago

hey guys I just graduated from hvac school in Las vegas NV i now live in roseville CA any tips a girl cab get on landing my first job as an entry level tech. I have my EPA 608 unervisal card and hvac excllance A/C-Gas heat -heat pumps - and electrical. Im 24 years old and good looking but all the employers care obought is experiance. any tips
Desperate Tara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

HVAC Tahoe in Sacramento, California

58 months ago

tara in Roseville, California said: hey guys I just graduated from hvac school in Las vegas NV i now live in roseville CA any tips a girl cab get on landing my first job as an entry level tech. I have my EPA 608 unervisal card and hvac excllance A/C-Gas heat -heat pumps - and electrical. Im 24 years old and good looking but all the employers care obought is experiance. any tips
Desperate Tara

Start hitting the pavement and talking to every HVAC company you see on the street or at construction sites. Tell them you have your own tools and transportation and that you can do service, which a lot of hvac contractors get calls for. Also, let them know you're willing to install ducts as that is a great way to get into entry level HVAC. It's worked for me twice in getting jobs here in CA. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada

58 months ago

post your resume on HvacrTalk.com
free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roger in Loganville, Georgia

56 months ago

Hi, guys I'm in Georgia and in roled in hvac great teacher leaning alot but no one will give me a job.I spent 23 years in the factory raised my kids and now unemployed for over a year.I hope my wife stays but if she leaves I understands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Rising Sun, Maryland

55 months ago

I am graduating this month from a trade school in HVAC. I will be getting my universal epa card in february and a certificate of 960 hours in hvac. Does anyone find anything wrong with having a master vouch experience time to help aide in landing a job, even though I have no experience other than the school. some feed back would be nice thanks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

lawrence w in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

how do u get an A-card

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lawrence w in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

54 months ago

whats an A-card

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jimmys in Phoenix, Arizona

39 months ago

hey! I got certified as a Universal from a refrigeration school, but it was 10 years ago. I am been doing side jobs by my own but now they do not want to sell me anything they ask me for my license. What do I suppost to do. They sold me before with my
HVAC card. Help please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hidier Tascon in Gastonia, North Carolina

35 months ago

Hi... i will like to know how i get my certification for HAVC... I got my diploma 4 years ago. i'm in North Carolina. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joe-d in Arlington Heights, Illinois

35 months ago

Hi everyone, does anyone have a sample test, practice questions or just advice for the B Card Cert. I'm taking my test next month and I'm starting to freak out. please Help! ANY feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Joe D.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pipefitter88 in Algonquin, Illinois

30 months ago

does anybody have sample test, practice questions on the a-card cert. for 597 ua

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.