Entry Level Electrical and or HVAC/R jobs & how to get in with them

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 97 of 97)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

rchambers218 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

I would like for some of the Hvac companys to give the apprentise level people a chance to gain some exspirence in this field, its hard to find jobs without the exspirence these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob B in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

If you learned how to spell in school you might have a better chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

hvacjohn in Suffolk, Virginia

49 months ago

If any of you guys are looking to move to VA.Beach or live in the area let me know....... The company I work for is looking for 2 Techs, entry level and experienced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

rchambers218 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

John yes I'm interested in the entry level job would like to move to Virginia Beach. rchambers218@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

superdude31 in Olive Branch, Mississippi

48 months ago

Chuckalluk in Brooklyn, New York said: Hvac Technician has always been my passion,Now that I got laid off from my job of 16yrs,I would like to start the Hvac career.I would like to go to vocational school,do it on line or go to this;ATI school in Albuquerque NM,for 4wks @ $14,000.they claimed they do job placement.I asked them to gimme some student that went tru the course that they've provided job,so I can be rest assured ,but still waiting for reply.
I would like to get a hands on training,in term of hvac apprentice job training while I take the course on line.Pls I need ur advise ,since I don't know where to turn.

I think that this school sounds bogus, my school is 9 months long and costs less with pell grant and wia included-about 9,500. I mean really how much can you really learn in just 4 weeks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob B in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

48 months ago

The state of PA paid for my schooling and it was 2000.00 dollars but your biggest problem will be finding a job as all the employers want 3 to 5 years experience and at least 2 years for entry level.

recent grad in Kalamazoo, Michigan

48 months ago

I just finished an industrial HVACR course at a local community college and I am now looking to get a job. Everybody wants experience. I have been talking with someone about an appliance service tech job opportunity, is this a good career move? Or should I wait until I can find an HVAC tech job?

Taylor Tollison in Bellflower, California

48 months ago

hvacjohn in Suffolk, Virginia said: If any of you guys are looking to move to VA.Beach or live in the area let me know....... The company I work for is looking for 2 Techs, entry level and experienced.

Im looking for entry level hvac position, willing to move. Have EPA certification and finished vacational school
3 months ago.
Thank you!
Taylor Ray Tollison

Taylortillison@yahoo.com

hvacjohn in Suffolk, Virginia

48 months ago

Hey Taylor Ray, do you live in virginia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Correction on email above. Taylortollison@ yahoo.com
Dont live in Virginia but willing to relocate! cant find work here

tollison in Bellflower, California

47 months ago

hvacjohn in Suffolk, Virginia said: Hey Taylor Ray, do you live in virginia?

live in California, willing to relocate
Thank you

John G. in Suffolk, Virginia

47 months ago

You are willing to relocate to the tidewater area of Virginia? If you are than I can get u a position at the company I work for... Linc Service Mid Atlantic.

47 months ago

John G., yes, I am willing to relocate and am interested in the position, pls let me know how to contact you. Thank you

nedavak in Oshawa, Ontario

47 months ago

HVACTECH12 in Concord, North Carolina said: You might try the job search engine WWW.MEPJobs.com . Just go there and answer the questions and post your reume or a brief detailed explanation of yourk work and school history. Good luck to you.Im looking for work myself, I lost my job around labor day this year. I have three years hvac experience and three years of hvac schooling as well. The residential market is alittle slow during the last part of the year but useally picks up in the spring and companys start hiring more.Atleast thats the trend here in North Carolina,Charlotte metro area.

Hi,
I'm a 4th year Mechanical Engineer student. I'm interested in working at HVAC industry, but I don't have any experience or any course regarding this in specific, can you guide me through this since you have a couple of years experiences. By spring 2012, I will be graduated as a Mechanical Engineer, so I need to apply for jobs in january. As you are aware that as an entry-level, It's not easy to find jobs specially in HVAC. What do you think? do you think it's better that I take a course in HVAC? How and where to find good HVAC schools? How can I prepare myself in the next couple of months for it?

Thanks in advance,
Neda

Brenton in Brandon, Florida

45 months ago

John G. in Suffolk, Virginia said: You are willing to relocate to the tidewater area of Virginia? If you are than I can get u a position at the company I work for... Linc Service Mid Atlantic.

Hello John,
I am 24 and about to get into the hvac program at a local college. I am willing to relocate and start at the company also if you havent already found someone. I researched the company. It looks like the position is still available. Can you please email me at Brenton8713@yahoo.com. Or anyone else who has a position available. Im looking to find a company and stay with them for a while. Thanks alot

Real HVAC TALK in Winston Salem, North Carolina

45 months ago

let me try this once more

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Real HVAC TALK in Winston Salem, North Carolina

45 months ago

4htyej6jh[owiujhoirnmgvb;klj[oghohglrwhbwjhntmn eyrm 'laknvoiadbuvbkebgvgolrqw'gipghpin'lvbknadv[wjkg[orhs-8vgad[jkv 'lrwnb-wh-[goskdnb-h[orjnh[=9w=9[jnmdovp[jnpk5tryhwb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HVAC KING in Winston Salem, North Carolina

45 months ago

Sorry forum, thought I was tripping , just wrote a book for all of you and it wouldnt go thru so here I go again in short-hand so stick with me. First of all stop the negativity/ crying too. You can have one week or several years and wont get a thing until you go GETIT, got my 1 yr. Diploma in 99 didnt do any hvac til 2000 after 8 straight, got a yr. in on carpentry, a yr on welding all while locked up. started residential @ 7.00 and was @ 20.00 in six months, and had no plans of ever doing hvac but now I wouldnt choose s#$%# over it. stayed with a millionaire slum boss from 2000" 06/06 and let me tell you I got paid, sometimes 3,000, became lead installer, supervised 20 people/10/3 and i quite behind money and him lying about taking out taxes, would quit again to with a tooth or two of his but my point is Im giving all who wants stability in there life tools and knowledge to do so. 06/06 I got hired by a Commercial company @ 12.00 and i made even more from them at 12 because they had way more work and stability. cant be scared to move either you can call all day but they wont call back unless they know you are in that city or town... Went to pittsburg ( steellers) and I was looking for the same nothing else, took me a month to call all the hvac companies but when they started calling they called me like F!@#$ but a blizzard came and I ran back to NC because I refuse to live where snow is taller than me and Im 6'4". Pick your States then go online and and pull up every hvac company per city and or state and call everybody before noon and ask if they are hiring techs or installers, always hiring installer all over the world but you better know how to be a Technician because its real in the field. Ill leave you with this too keep studyinggetting certificates and trying to open your own, exams arent easy but you will pass.Havent been in havc since 06" but Im working on relocating to SC as I write or texas. 50,000 n Sc or more depend son company & 85,000 in TX

HVAC KING in Winston Salem, North Carolina

45 months ago

Need more help holla, but just pull up hvac list of individual towns and city and thats your rolodex for life, Me I email or fax 20 companies a week and if I wasnt working now and between houses Id do 50, but again the employers want you there, and I hate HVAC agent, they dont nor have they ever even called back and its suppose to be for out of state minded job seekers, so I only use them as guides to names and companies but if you do your list you will know all hvac companies just like you know hvac definitions, you can put your resume on the business board of all distibution shops in your city too where all hvac companies have to go every morning to load up....Fl / SC / Tx/ and the extreme cold like Ca Alaska NY PA are hiring like hot cakes but from what I see and donot go off of the internet salary info S#@!% they give you, youll learn it yourself but TX is paying the most and they are hiring both Tech /Installer and its in Austin ( beautiful ) but 85,000 no less than 50,000 and aint nobody matching that which mean in a year to five youll pass the 100,000 a year mark----who cant raise teir Family on that. All these fake sites and money jucing sites are why it seems so hard, they have a job and they think all they have to do is post but they are just in the way. Keep your diagrams, blueprints, guides that come with units thermostats what have you because it will groom you to where I am and I wish you the best, got pictures got tapes got some books left too so hit me if you need to and Ill respond accordingly. Leaving for SC in the am through this new job, but Im just using this job to get the HVAC, one step at a time gentlemen and may the Force be with you

rob_megg in Charlotte, North Carolina

44 months ago

slaptapp485 in Houston, Texas said: I need to know how to get the certs needed to be a Hvac tech? How much does it cost??

most importantly is the cfc license...$85...dats needed just to enter the field

rob_megg in Charlotte, North Carolina

44 months ago

yo son holla at me....im bouta get my cfc license and im in green maintenance program at cpcc...probably gonna go into degree program....need some input ok???? e_ziggy43@yahoo.com

rjmoses1495 in Winston Salem, North Carolina

44 months ago

what do you need to know????

InvernessAir in Inverness, Florida

44 months ago

Most companies don't advertise entry-level positions as there are so many people who can do the job, most of the guys who we hire with little to no actual hands on, in the field experience come to us through word of mouth.

Go to the local supply houses and talk to the counter guys, be polite but try and befriend them because they talk to the business owners on a very regular basis and try and meet people who already work in the industry and befriend them. Don't make a pest of yourself just make yourself known so that when a company is looking to bring on a new (I hate the word helper) apprentice or 1st round service technician someone will mention you.

Also it wouldn't hurt to blast off some resumes to the local companies and again without being a pest maybe send follow-up letters as you progress through school letting them know that you are learning the field, you are enjoying what you are learning, that you very much want a career in HVAC/R. By sending them a letter every once in awhile you can also show that not only are you learning the mechanics, but that you are also able to communicate clearly (please proofread the letters for grammar and spelling) but that you are tenacious as well and that you have follow through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Calray in Latonia, Kentucky said: I am 56 years old and out of work. I got my degree in HVAC but, it has taken me no where at all. You can't work for yourself without a license. You are really stuck. I wish I had tried to do something else. Not that it would be any better

I know someone who got a job with ugl services with those qualifications, he had to relocate though to shawnee ok. Maybe look at indeed.com to see if there are openings, look for plant mechanic hvac

recruitment.dci@gmail.com in Kathmandu, Nepal

42 months ago

Urgent Vacancies for Telaviv, Israel

1) OCONUS Electrical journeyman

2) OCONUS Mechanical tradesman

3) OCONUS Superintendent/Carpenter

IMPORTANT NOTES:

A) 90% of this work will be removing and replacing furniture in these offices.

B) Company will provide manage arrangements for all the their travel accommodations, meals.

C) Work period 3 to 4 weeks (not including decertification or mobilization). The job is in 4 phases, which would start from decertification to demobilization. Mobilization date would be for February 28th, 2012.

D) Salary will be $45 per hour per - 6/10 days and work would be done after hours.

E) Candidates should have TS/SCI clearance that has worked in US Embassies overseas.

Kindly send your update resume for further process: Recruitment.dci at gmail.com

Anthony Haye in Bronx, New York

41 months ago

Hi I recently graduated apex technical school and recieved a universal epa certification,I am looking for a entry level job any help :(?

chris in Mississauga, Ontario

41 months ago

Michael D. in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas said: Hey, I've got some questions that I can't quite seem to be answered, so here I ask:

I'm eighteen, I have a GED (was home-schooled), and I'm interested in the HVAC field; however, I have no experience with heating & air, nor electricity. I've asked around at a few local HVAC companies if they took in green-horns (ie. I've got no experience in this field, but willing to start out at an entry-level position), but almost all of the companies I talked to said I had to have a bare min. of a year experience working with another HVAC company to get on there. Which leads me to my question: if I have to have experience in HVAC to get onto a job, where do I get that experience? I've signed up for the HVAC course at my local community college, but the classes were all filled this semester.

So yeah, basically, I'm pretty determined to get onto an HVAC job, but I'm not quite sure where to start. The only company that did hire guys' without experience was GTS, but unfortunately, they were all filled at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

another good thing to look at is the www.practicehvac.com website. they will tell you everything you need to know about hvac gas technician.

brucehull in Virginia Beach, Virginia

40 months ago

hvacjohn in Suffolk, Virginia said: If any of you guys are looking to move to VA.Beach or live in the area let me know....... The company I work for is looking for 2 Techs, entry level and experienced.

im in va beach and looking forn entry level position. contact me at brucehull15@yahoo.com

Muhammad Iqbal Khan in Kuwait, Kuwait

40 months ago

i work in kuwait last nine years

jazz6339 in North Richland Hills, Texas

38 months ago

In my humble opinion NATE Cert is just another BS program designed to make money off of techs in the protected HVAC industry and i have worked in the Unions that does not require it to work as a tech and on the outside in the private sector and i see no more qualified techs that are so called nate certified than any other tech it all boils down to your dedication to your job and your desire to be the best you can be and no money making test for a group of people is gonna change that

jazz6339 in North Richland Hills, Texas

38 months ago

HVAC TECH12 in Concord, North Carolina said: I cannot speak for everyone. However, I have gotten a coupl,e of jobs through them and have had several employers call me recently wanting to speak with me. The job I have now is a result of hvac agent. But everyone has to do what is right for them. Things may be differant from state to state. One thing for sure though, the more your resume is out there the broader your chances. Meaning the more job posting boards you post it on the broader your chances of getting a call. ALSO, if I really wanted to get in the field then I would go to every company within 25 miles of where I lived.

Been with Hvac agent for three years have not even got a interview from a company through them total waste of time and the energy i put into making a resume on that site

David in Oroville, California

37 months ago

I went to Hvac school in Rancho Cordova. I applied everywhere and never got a job anywhere. SJVC is a joke. They helped me zero. Now I owe them a loot of money and I dont know anything about hvac. Thanks.

carmen in Morrison, Colorado

35 months ago

I have a small shop in littleton colorado and I am looking for an all around guy that knows all aspects of residential heating & a/c, some small commercial and boiler experience would be a benifit! I want someone who wants to work on becoming full partnership to my company and has the capability and experience of managing a company! I have a very well established client database 14k, work w/4000 real estate agents and a few hundred home inspectors, been in my own shop for 13 years and have 35 years experience in the business. Very huge oppertunity for the right person. Only qualified applicants respond

35 months ago

Chuckalluk in Brooklyn, New York said: Hvac Technician has always been my passion,Now that I got laid off from my job of 16yrs,I would like to start the Hvac career.I would like to go to vocational school,do it on line or go to this;ATI school in Albuquerque NM,for 4wks @ $14,000.they claimed they do job placement.I asked them to gimme some student that went tru the course that they've provided job,so I can be rest assured ,but still waiting for reply.
I would like to get a hands on training,in term of hvac apprentice job training while I take the course on line.Pls I need ur advise ,since I don't know where to turn.

Iv been in the business for 35 years, dont let the training be a detour for u, we actually like to hire people with NO schooling so we can teach them hands on and out in the field so they can learn all aspects, dont forget u limit urself when ur just a service tech, an installer, or tinbanger. Go in somewhere and show an interest as an apprentice and get hands on training. I dont hire ANY students, would rather have them trained in all areas!

unemployed in Pueblo, Colorado

35 months ago

carmen in Morrison, Colorado said: Iv been in the business for 35 years, dont let the training be a detour for u, we actually like to hire people with NO schooling so we can teach them hands on and out in the field so they can learn all aspects, dont forget u limit urself when ur just a service tech, an installer, or tinbanger. Go in somewhere and show an interest as an apprentice and get hands on training. I dont hire ANY students, would rather have them trained in all areas!

I'm very hungry to learn a new trade. I don't have any HVAC experience. I am prior military and can't find any work. If you are hiring, I am willing to learn.

35 months ago

I just posted a bleep b4 I commented on ur blog. I am looking for a very experienced all around HVAC guy to takeover my shop. I have 2 apprenteces now, but need someone to run my business so that I can retire in the next couple years.

Roger Shook in Florence, South Carolina

35 months ago

Carmen,
I grewup in the HVAC business, in Lakewood. Co then my father and I moved the business to Aspen, and ran it there until 2004 I sold it and moved to South Carolina in 2005. The situation here is deplorable, and I would like to chat with you about the possiblities of working together.
Regards
Roger Shook

Carmen in Morrison, Colorado

35 months ago

Google my website tlcheatingandcoolinginc.com and call me

George in Austin, Texas

35 months ago

Micheal the First thing you should do is go to the local Hvac Parts house where you live and see if they offer course information to get your HVAC license to carry refrigerant a good company is called Mainstream Engineering corporation that is who my license is thru. Email me and I can give you some information to help you on your journey gelliott2003@gmail.com

Universal HVAC82 in Galveston, Texas

28 months ago

I have been looking for a company to pick me up for an overseas contract and I still have gotten no reply to any application or resume that I have posted. Can anyone please help me or guide me in the right direction in accomplishing this goal. What is it that I am doing or NOT doing that is getting me these results. It would be a great help to me if someone could throw me a bone. Thank you.

Universal HVAC82 in Galveston, Texas

28 months ago

I'm still looking for someone to give me some kind of idea on who or what I need to do to get in with a company.. Dose anyone have anything I can use to accomplish this?? I've been waiting and no one seems to want to reply..looks like the industry is beyond competitive, I see it's pretty dog eat dog...I thought we were a brotherhood of some sort....maybe I was wrong.

Scshorty27 in Laguna Niguel, California

26 months ago

nelson in Chino Hills, California said: I lived in Chino Hills, CA I am looking for the best school for studying HVAC/R. if any one has any detail information please pass for me. Thnaks a lot

My husband is getting ready to finish HVAC-R school in Anaheim, CA at Brownsen Tech school it is one of. Top schools in the country.

Taylortollison in Bellflower, California

26 months ago

My son is prob in your husbands class at Brownsen tech, ask him if he knows Sean. The hard part is getting a job. Can u let me know if your husband find an HVAC job and where? Thanks.

Holly James in Peoria, Arizona

26 months ago

Thanks for sharing! My husband has been looking how to get in with hvac in St Paul but am having a hard time. This is great information and very helpful! www.perfectionheating.com

Todd Robertson in Concord, Massachusetts

24 months ago

Calray in Latonia, Kentucky said: I have finished up my associates degree a few months ago. I can't find a job anywhere. I listened to all the hype and it wasn't worth it. You have to really jump through hoops and must know people in the business . Take a job in the medical field. They always have work.

I went to school in 1990 for HVAC at Northeast Institute in Boston. I learned plenty at the school, but I could only get an interview because my teacher referred me since I was one of the best students. I spent 10 months and 2000 hours for $10000 for a certificate and passed a refrigerant license of some sort. I interviewed for a job and was told I had to buy a uniform and tools and would start at $7 an hour. I took a job for $11 in an office. I don't get much more than that now, but at least I am working as a clerk.

Luc in Plattsburgh, New York

4 months ago

Mario in Modesto, California said: Start a business , it's easier than you think. The hell with working for somebody else. They'll pay you peanuts anyway...

Hi Mario, sounds a great advice, how did you acquired your first customers?
Best
Luc

FrankHVAC in New York, New York

2 months ago

Jerome Luster in Cleveland, Ohio said: thanks alot for your input & the web site, it seems like that could be some help. please at anytime feel free to leave some other insite or advice and I'll do the same if I come across any info. Good luck to you as well.

Hi Jerome, it's been a while since your post but I thought I should share HVACJobsCenter.com as well. Entirely free with a lot of advanced tools. Could be useful for other people anyways, the more resources you have, the better.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.