HVAC in Northern VA or Central florida?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Jason S in Woodbridge, Virginia

21 months ago

Recently moved to the Northern VA and at the moment I'm a lube tech not going to say the company. I have spoken to some techs about hvac, some tell me that this is not the area to do it. I'm originally from Orlando, FL and that seems like an area that always have work cause the heat and humidity. I'm currently looking in to an apprenticeship (from research seems best idea.) So, as the topic states would it be best to stay in the D.C. area or central Florida? I also served in the Army as a medic and have the gi bill to pay for any school.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sparky Brother in Wantirna, Australia

21 months ago

Jason S in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Recently moved to the Northern VA and at the moment I'm a lube tech not going to say the company. I have spoken to some techs about hvac , some tell me that this is not the area to do it. I'm originally from Orlando, FL and that seems like an area that always have work cause the heat and humidity. I'm currently looking in to an apprenticeship (from research seems best idea.) So, as the topic states would it be best to stay in the D.C. area or central Florida? I also served in the Army as a medic and have the gi bill to pay for any school.

Thank you.

Hey Jason! Funny thing! I just came back from a holiday with my family in the US. Alexandria VA was one of the places we stayed and loved it. Nevertheless I am a HVAC here in Melbourne and while in Alexandria was dying to get someone of my trade to talk and see how the HVAC people are doing it there? I did not have much of a luck in that so no way for me to have a professional opinion about Northern Virginia.

On the other hand though heat and humidity in Florida are a winning for the trade combination and when the times get better in the US you'll be laughing working on peoples ACs there. My advise is if you have enough money to supper your self while studying for HVAC tech. do it! My guts feeling never betrayed me and I'm pretty sure the trade will be Back in Black soon enough. You just start gaining experience as soon as possible and try to learn from those who are best in fault finding! Installations are something to leave to dummies! Fault finding is where the sweet easy money is.

good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.