Overseas Contracts...

Comments (4)

Universal HVAC82 in Galveston, Texas

27 months ago

Hello, I am an Army veteran and I am a Universal HVAC Technician. I am seeking some useful advise on "cracking the code" to getting on board with a company looking for technicians with my skill set. Im looking to work abroad in the Iraq/Afganistan area and have no issues with the work conditions due to my combat related prior work history in similar hazardous duty environment. I have answerd many jobs posted on several companies sites, however, I only notice the postings vanishing into thin air with no idea how this selection process was made. Someone help me understand or guide me to this "inner circle" that I must be out of. There are never any real contacts for any of these positions, when you try & reach out to any of these companies you get sent on an exhausting "wild goose chase" that seems like there's no end to. So what I am asking you all is... Someone give me the treasure map leading me to the City of "Atlantis"!! This is obviously some kind of secret society needing the head nod by a member before getting anywhere. So if that Is the case, what are the steps to get in?!?......anybody??!!?? Please, someone throw me a bone. Thanks...

genoth1 in Carrollton, Texas

19 months ago

There at least 5 things they look at. They will look at your resume for least than 5 seconds. I worked in Afganistan for 2 plus years. There has to be a need before they will look at any resume, Educational back ground, years of exsperence, previous overseas work, references. certifications. Must be one page, and resume must be simple and direct.

dusty roads in New Albany, Mississippi

19 months ago

Universal HVAC82 in Galveston, Texas said: Hello, I am an Army veteran and I am a Universal HVAC Technician . I am seeking some useful advise on "cracking the code" to getting on board with a company looking for technicians with my skill set. Im looking to work abroad in the Iraq /Afganistan area and have no issues with the work conditions due to my combat related prior work history in similar hazardous duty environment. I have answerd many jobs posted on several companies sites, however, I only notice the postings vanishing into thin air with no idea how this selection process was made. Someone help me understand or guide me to this "inner circle" that I must be out of. There are never any real contacts for any of these positions, when you try & reach out to any of these companies you get sent on an exhausting "wild goose chase " that seems like there's no end to. So what I am asking you all is... Someone give me the treasure map leading me to the City of "Atlantis"!! This is obviously some kind of secret society needing the head nod by a member before getting anywhere. So if that Is the case, what are the steps to get in?!?......anybody??!!?? Please, someone throw me a bone. Thanks...

check websites for Bechtel,Woodgroup and rigzone. Ihave found jobs with all 3

Demetrius Cobbin in Clarksville, Tennessee

18 months ago

I am a student completing HVAC/R technician training and am looking to take an overseas position to launch my career. I need to know what I need to do in order to successfully achieve these goals. Please contact me with any advice you can give via E-mail .

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.