Overseas Contracts...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Universal HVAC82 in Galveston, Texas

18 months ago

Hello, I am an Army veteran and I am a Universal HVAC Technician. I am seeking some useful advise on "cracking the code" to getting on board with a company looking for technicians with my skill set. Im looking to work abroad in the Iraq/Afganistan area and have no issues with the work conditions due to my combat related prior work history in similar hazardous duty environment. I have answerd many jobs posted on several companies sites, however, I only notice the postings vanishing into thin air with no idea how this selection process was made. Someone help me understand or guide me to this "inner circle" that I must be out of. There are never any real contacts for any of these positions, when you try & reach out to any of these companies you get sent on an exhausting "wild goose chase" that seems like there's no end to. So what I am asking you all is... Someone give me the treasure map leading me to the City of "Atlantis"!! This is obviously some kind of secret society needing the head nod by a member before getting anywhere. So if that Is the case, what are the steps to get in?!?......anybody??!!?? Please, someone throw me a bone. Thanks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

genoth1 in Carrollton, Texas

10 months ago

There at least 5 things they look at. They will look at your resume for least than 5 seconds. I worked in Afganistan for 2 plus years. There has to be a need before they will look at any resume, Educational back ground, years of exsperence, previous overseas work, references. certifications. Must be one page, and resume must be simple and direct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dusty roads in New Albany, Mississippi

10 months ago

Universal HVAC82 in Galveston, Texas said: Hello, I am an Army veteran and I am a Universal HVAC Technician . I am seeking some useful advise on "cracking the code" to getting on board with a company looking for technicians with my skill set. Im looking to work abroad in the Iraq /Afganistan area and have no issues with the work conditions due to my combat related prior work history in similar hazardous duty environment. I have answerd many jobs posted on several companies sites, however, I only notice the postings vanishing into thin air with no idea how this selection process was made. Someone help me understand or guide me to this "inner circle" that I must be out of. There are never any real contacts for any of these positions, when you try & reach out to any of these companies you get sent on an exhausting "wild goose chase " that seems like there's no end to. So what I am asking you all is... Someone give me the treasure map leading me to the City of "Atlantis"!! This is obviously some kind of secret society needing the head nod by a member before getting anywhere. So if that Is the case, what are the steps to get in?!?......anybody??!!?? Please, someone throw me a bone. Thanks...

check websites for Bechtel,Woodgroup and rigzone. Ihave found jobs with all 3

Demetrius Cobbin in Clarksville, Tennessee

10 months ago

I am a student completing HVAC/R technician training and am looking to take an overseas position to launch my career. I need to know what I need to do in order to successfully achieve these goals. Please contact me with any advice you can give via E-mail .

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.