Why is it so hard to find commercial HVAC techs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

john in Atlanta, Georgia

46 months ago

Sam in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Why is it so hard to find commercial HVAC techs who want to move up in their career. I have a client who is doing a national search for 20 techs and has had little success. Is everyone afraid to move up?

what do you mean move up? In a hvac program you learn commercial too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kelvin muncy in Dayton, Ohio

45 months ago

Sam in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Why is it so hard to find commercial HVAC techs who want to move up in their career. I have a client who is doing a national search for 20 techs and has had little success. Is everyone afraid to move up?

i would like to have an hvac job will get outof school in june 2011. have epa 608 universal and r410a certification. why will companies not hire new guys out of school easily.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kelvin muncy in Dayton, Ohio

45 months ago

i would like a job in the hvac fiedl. why do employers shy away from college grads. i am graduating in june 2011. i have epa 608 universal and r410a certification. i just want a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in West Palm Beach, Florida

45 months ago

Kelvin, Sinclair? Wright State? UD? I spent a number of years in Dayton for a local tv station, still miss it somewhat. Check out Alpine Mechanical Services website for some information on what they do and they will be hiring 20 new techs in 2011. they were recently featured in HVACR and will be featured in Energy Today as one of the commercial HVAC companies setting technology trends for the industry. If you are interested in being part of the future of commercial HVAC then would urge you to stay in touch with the company. Best Regards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in West Palm Beach, Florida

45 months ago

Also, for John earlier, moving up to a technology leader in the industry versus status quo with current employer was what I meant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam Yates

45 months ago

Please contact Alpine Mechanical Services I know they are hiring commercial techs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laurie Petranoff in Itasca, Illinois

45 months ago

Anyone looking for Techs in Illinois? I have quite a few.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam Yates in West Palm Beach, Florida

45 months ago

Laurie, are your commercial techs available to relocate? If so, would love some info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laurie Petranoff in Itasca, Illinois

45 months ago

Some of them are. I work with an HVAC/R School. Some have experience, others do not. Can you please send me any information you have and I can present it to our alumni/students who are looking to relocate? lpetranoff@eticampus.com.

Thanks, Sam!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael8521 in Rhinelander, Wisconsin

45 months ago

Sam Yates said: Please contact Alpine Mechanical Services I know they are hiring commercial techs

Thank you Sam, I will contact them today! great help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cayla in Madison, Ohio

39 months ago

I am a 26yr old woman going to school for electricity/hvac program...very nervous. What are the chances i will find an employeer after i complete program being a female?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Panama City, Florida

38 months ago

I don't understand that term "move up" I've been a commercial heavy industrial tech for 30 years It's hard demanding work!I wonder about this "moving up" I guess maybe in pay scale. It's so much easier changing a 2 ton compressor then tearing down a 3400 ton chiller compressor while hearing the whole time how you have to hurry up... It's HOT!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CILOJLOW@YAHOO.COM in Miami, Florida

38 months ago

Hi I just moved to Tampa Fl and im looking for work .I have my EPA unisersal certification an NATE . if anyone have informations please email me cilojlow@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Empire Mech in Hamburg, New York

36 months ago

There is a critical shortage of qualified technicians in the East. I have been is Business for 11 years and was basically force to shut down operations due to commercial non-payment without going legal. Here in Buff, NY Most of the job offers are sketchy at best and offer no real promise. I know the door swings both way's, but SKILLED HVAC tech's. are in short supply.
Keep searching and I'm sure someone will fill your position and as far as moving up? It all depends on pay. I know employers don't want to hear that, but it is what it is. After all is said and done family comes first.... and we all need to be happy and fit in a complex world. I had hired tech's that had trouble finding electrical lo voltage shorts. How could I ask them to diagnose DDC. systems or anything else. Now I'm just ranting.........

Peace
MPT in Buffalo, NY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Binyam in Takoma Park, Maryland

33 months ago

Hi
I just graduated from hvac school.what may be my chances of landing around a job Maryland.oh actually i am willing to relocate plus nearly two years of experience.Also i took courses in mechanical engineering.Any one who knows where to start in USA.help please.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

russbarnes@eps-hvac.com in Fairfax, Virginia

24 months ago

Binyam in Takoma Park, Maryland said: Hi
I just graduated from hvac school.what may be my chances of landing around a job Maryland.oh actually i am willing to relocate plus nearly two years of experience.Also i took courses in mechanical engineering .Any one who knows where to start in USA.help please.
Thanks

we are hiring! call me email me at russbarnes@eps-hvac.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

russbarnes@eps-hvac.com in Fairfax, Virginia

24 months ago

Empire Mech in Hamburg, New York said: There is a critical shortage of qualified technicians in the East. I have been is Business for 11 years and was basically force to shut down operations due to commercial non-payment without going legal . Here in Buff, NY Most of the job offers are sketchy at best and offer no real promise. I know the door swings both way's, but SKILLED HVAC tech's. are in short supply.
Keep searching and I'm sure someone will fill your position and as far as moving up? It all depends on pay. I know employers don't want to hear that, but it is what it is. After all is said and done family comes first.... and we all need to be happy and fit in a complex world. I had hired tech's that had trouble finding electrical lo voltage shorts. How could I ask them to diagnose DDC. systems or anything else. Now I'm just ranting.........

Peace
MPT in Buffalo, NY

is not Buffalo got huge unemployment we are hiring here in northern virginia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

russbarnes@eps-hvac.com in Fairfax, Virginia

24 months ago

kelvin muncy in Dayton, Ohio said: i would like a job in the hvac fiedl. why do employers shy away from college grads. i am graduating in june 2011. i have epa 608 universal and r410a certification. i just want a chance.

I have heard that teachers are telling grads they can make 60 to 80 out the gate. Really? So some employers do not hire because grads have high expectations of making huge coin but cannot do certain things they need done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Empire Mech. MPT in Hamburg, New York

24 months ago

Nice to know... I rafted down the upper Gully and was surprised that I was not killed. Someone died the day before we went.... wow,. Yes Buffalo is a sketchy place. The only reason my wife and I are here is because of family. Thanks for the reply. I posted my thoughts about 1000 years ago it seems like..lol

Peace
Mike T. MPT...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Empire Mech. MPT in Hamburg, New York

24 months ago

Cayla in Madison, Ohio said: I am a 26yr old woman going to school for electricity/ hvac program...very nervous. What are the chances i will find an employer after i complete program being a female?

In my eyes no problem at all. I wouldn't care if you were green, purple or anything for that matter. What counts in my book is 1.)Honesty and integrity. I still don't know everything and never will. We all need schooling on new stuff and it's basically ""hey onld guy's, help the new guy's or girls, sorry." We all wor for a common goal. "Please leave your attitude at the door" I had that sign silver plated and stand by it.

Peace

Mike T. MPT... Check out heating help.com You can listen in coment and learn too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Empire Mech. MPT in Hamburg, New York

24 months ago

Russ, is the co you work for called 24 hour heat/cool, where all employees work off sales incentives and if you don't sell your gone? Come on, you can tell me?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.