finding a hvac job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (27)

panamisil in Reisterstown, Maryland

68 months ago

I graduated in November 2008. I have been looking for a job like my life depended on it 4-5 hours online everyday. Why no job. Type I and II certification, apprenticeship license, valid drivers license (0) points. No job. WHY!!!. I am dependable, hard working. I just need a chance, seriously. HELP!!!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HVACTECH12 in Concord, North Carolina

67 months ago

jiovanni in Wharton, New Jersey said: hey bro im the same position you are tell you the truth with all this bad economy just gotta keep looking but the best time is early spring were there going hire more HVAC guys like us i graduted like december still find nothing but im working something else for now until things pick up tryed craiglist,careerbuilder,mepjob,or your yellowbook i know they all want experience people i said samething like everybody was a apprentice and taught more into the business like give other who want to school a chance were young and more motivated then those old guys that been there i will do my job and make company grow the old guy just take there old sweet time

Well guys things are not much better here in NC I have a little over two years on the job experience have my Epa-universal card and three years plus of technical schooling with an A.A.S degree. I lost my job back in Sept. but still do not have Employment. it STINKS! I had an interview two days ago, I had four test there. Internet exployer, MS Word, Excel and finanlly a 100 question test on hvac. The guy told me my score was high and I did well, but they hired someone with years more experience. Experience time factor is what I keep running into.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

HVACTECH12 in Concord, North Carolina

67 months ago

You guys can also try www.hvacagent.com, I have had success with them in times past.

Toan in Castro Valley, California

67 months ago

panamisil in Reisterstown, Maryland said: I graduated in November 2008. I have been looking for a job like my life depended on it 4-5 hours online everyday. Why no job. Type I and II certification, apprenticeship license, valid drivers license (0) points. No job. WHY!!!. I am dependable, hard working. I just need a chance, seriously. HELP!!!.

If you are seriuos then I can hook up. Give me your phone number and send it to lytoan@rocketmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

serge in Los Angeles, California

67 months ago

same here buddy I apply for a position in the lausd district 2 weeks ago and they rejected my application, because of lack of experience, also graduated last year clean records, study hard now having second thought's can't even get my feet wet in this field not even a job cleaning condencer's good luck crew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

outthegate07 in San Jose, California

67 months ago

Toan in Castro Valley, California said: If you are seriuos then I can hook up. Give me your phone number and send it to lytoan@rocketmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!!

Hook me up im e.p.a universaly certified with diploma i live in san jose if you could help id highly appreciate it

outthegate07 in San Jose, California

67 months ago

thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

croc in Brooklyn, New York

62 months ago

panamisil in Reisterstown, Maryland said: I graduated in November 2008. I have been looking for a job like my life depended on it 4-5 hours online everyday. Why no job. Type I and II certification, apprenticeship license, valid drivers license (0) points. No job. WHY!!!. I am dependable, hard working. I just need a chance, seriously. HELP!!!.

maybe dont worry so much about your epa and try telling the employer i will work for a week with no pay after the first week if donot prove that i am a hard worker i would thank you for his time. Trust me i a service manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

srnjr in Bridgewater, Massachusetts

60 months ago

I don't know how you feel guys feel about relocating but California and Florida seem to have the most jobs for people that are new in the field. The payrate in CA. is higher and there seems to be more work out there. I've been in the Business for two years and am having the same problem, this time of the year bigger Cos. will hire on because they have a lot of PM work, it's a foot in the door and that's where most wanna be Techs. will start anyway. Either PM's or installs and it will usually last a year unless you show them that your a quick learner. Like most of you have said, the economy sucks right now so people are opting not to have any work done on there A/C and Heat Systems, at least it's that way in the Northeast.
Good Luck To All !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oldguy in Sunnyside, Washington

59 months ago

jiovanni in Wharton, New Jersey said: hey bro im the same position you are tell you the truth with all this bad economy just gotta keep looking but the best time is early spring were there going hire more HVAC guys like us i graduted like december still find nothing but im working something else for now until things pick up tryed craiglist,careerbuilder,mepjob,or your yellowbook i know they all want experience people i said samething like everybody was a apprentice and taught more into the business like give other who want to school a chance were young and more motivated then those old guys that been there i will do my job and make company grow the old guy just take there old sweet time

also make sure you know how to write complete sentences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BayouGator in Lake Charles, Louisiana

58 months ago

louisiana has a huge need for hvac techs
here in lake charles it's almost wide open
check my other posts we're offering 25 to 30
will have to have good commerical exp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stilzstars in Livonia, Michigan

51 months ago

Where can I find an experienced HVAC tech in Chicago outside of craigslist???
I will pay upwards of $35 an hour for someone with 5 yrs plus of refrigeration experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada

51 months ago

stilzstars in Livonia, Michigan said: Where can I find an experienced HVAC tech in Chicago outside of craigslist???
I will pay upwards of $35 an hour for someone with 5 yrs plus of refrigeration experience.

I love to work all over, when i get back from the middle east and you still have something available i would like to have the option to help you out if you have a 40 hour work week .
do you have any contact info?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

any contact info avail?

51 months ago

stilzstars in Livonia, Michigan said: Where can I find an experienced HVAC tech in Chicago outside of craigslist???

your name says Michigan , is this a scam/spam post?

51 months ago

BayouGator in Lake Charles, Louisiana said: louisiana has a huge need for hvac techs
here in lake charles it's almost wide open
check my other posts we're offering 25 to 30
will have to have good commerical exp

sounds good the average wage for Hvac techs across the states is 31.00 and hour .

especially during the economy starting to pick up.

blackbeast ss in North Las Vegas, Nevada

47 months ago

yeah its hard i got about 5 year exp and been looking for about a month with no luck.dam this sucks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

motwanisac@aol.com in Forest Hills, New York

45 months ago

Pls email me asap. Very interested in hiring someone immediately.

motwanisac@aol.com in Forest Hills, New York

45 months ago

Pls email me your number at motwanisac@aol.com. Very interested in hiring someone immediately.

hvac wife in Pflugerville, Texas

39 months ago

My husband had the same problem, graduated, epa 1 & 2 and could not find anyone willing to hire.. We switched gears and found him a job in apartment maintenance where he would do HVAC, painting, groundskeeping etc.. After a year of apartment maintenance he was finally able to get an entry level installer position in HVAC.. You might want to try apartment maintenance first to get your experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jotimschmidt in Lexington, Oklahoma

37 months ago

motwanisac@aol.com in Forest Hills, New York said: Pls email me asap. Very interested in hiring someone immediately.

We are looking for a HVAC Tech in western Oklahoma Housing

tollison in Bellflower, California

37 months ago

jotimschmidt in Lexington, Oklahoma said: We are looking for a HVAC Tech in western Oklahoma Housing

I am interested in the HVAC tech position above, am Universal EPA certified, finished HVAC vocational school at RSI in Phoenix 4 mos ago. Still looking for work. Willing to relocate.
Thank you!
Tollison

Brianna Santiago in Hobart, Oklahoma

26 months ago

We are looking for 1-2 licensed HVAC journeymen to join our team here in Hobart, OK.

russbarnes@eps-hvac.com in Fairfax, Virginia

24 months ago

we are hiring but i need you in Virginia. maryland folks drive across and get tired of the commute do not blame you it just that way. email me if you like.

24 months ago

HVACTECH12 in Concord, North Carolina said: Well guys things are not much better here in NC I have a little over two years on the job experience have my Epa-universal card and three years plus of technical schooling with an A.A.S degree. I lost my job back in Sept. but still do not have Employment. it STINKS! I had an interview two days ago, I had four test there. Internet exployer, MS Word, Excel and finanlly a 100 question test on hvac. The guy told me my score was high and I did well, but they hired someone with years more experience. Experience time factor is what I keep running into.

want to relocate. email me. in northern va.

24 months ago

tollison in Bellflower, California said: I am interested in the HVAC tech position above, am Universal EPA certified, finished HVAC vocational school at RSI in Phoenix 4 mos ago. Still looking for work. Willing to relocate.
Thank you!
Tollison

email me if you want to relocate.

24 months ago

they say you cant post phone numbers. how about this. seven zero three nine two six one zero four two. ha

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.