Top industrial electrician skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every industrial electrician must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your industrial electrician expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Electrician1995 in Rockford, Illinois

82 months ago

***A basic understanding of mechanics. Many of the places I have worked the industrial electricians are the first line of defense and are left to diagnose if a problem is mechanical or electrical.

***A natural curiosity and desire to learn. This will help you learn how the equipment you will work on operates when it is functioning correctly. Knowing how it works when it is running right is half the battle to fixing it when it malfuntions.

***And probably the most important skill is the ability to troubleshoot a problem. The more this skill is honed the faster you will get to the bottom of problems and make repairs. This will make you a more valued and respected employee by your boss and other employees.

The best way to develop you industrial electrician expertise is to get some formal training and ask alot of questions. When training you will only get out of it what you put into it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brady Leeks in Mexico City, Mexico

79 months ago

I believe must he must know or be familiar with the installation and operation of basic and common equipment. The basic theories of electricity are also one of them.
Actually I've read an article on this site: electricianfaqs.com/Industrial+Electricians+-+Duties+and+Qualifications.2718.htm

That's the best I can do to help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mavis Phiri in Lusaka, Zambia

79 months ago

An Industrial Electrician must be sober minded and responsible of an electrical faults.

Mavis Phiri in Lusaka, Zambia

79 months ago

am really in need

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kee in Brenham, Texas

79 months ago

learning electrical safety,First Listen to other people,and do not be rushed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brad in Kansas City, Missouri

74 months ago

It may help if you have photographic memory and the understanding of electrical schematics. That will give you the edge you need.

bks3356 in Mount Juliet, Tennessee

68 months ago

Mavis Phiri in Lusaka, Zambia said: am really in need

hey hey hey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.