Career path

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Donald in Kowloon, Hong Kong

81 months ago

Hello, I graduated from the University of Arizona in May, 2007 in Engineering Managment(Six Sigma) & Minors in Industrial Engineering and Mandarin.

Currently I am working in Hong Kong as a Production Planner at Avnet but what I really hope to do is to get transfer or to advance my career in U.S. about 2-3 years from right now. Is my idea relatvent?

Please input your advise about how my career path will lead to, thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RP in Miami, Florida

73 months ago

It all depends in your inmigration status and if u can legally work in the US. The working visas are in high demand and very hard to get here in florida. I have seen a lot of job opportunities for sigama six black belts, if u can get the right sponsor and experience you should do fine.

arlesoma in Managua, Nicaragua

66 months ago

I graduated from The University of Florida with an Industrial and Systems Engineering. As an international Student I had to get a company to sponsor me so that I could stay working in the U.S. Fortunately General Electric hired me and trained me in Six Sigma (Green Belt). So, it is just a matter of searching for the companies that look for your background and applying and passing all their interview process since it is really competitive specially since Americans give priority to americans and afterward to an inmigrant.
However, with your background I am pretty sure you have a great advantage over most americans.
Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Donald in Central District, Hong Kong

66 months ago

Thanks for the advice Arlesoma. Congrats and Good luck on your new job! I hope my dream can really come true if I try hard enough :)

arlesoma in Managua, Nicaragua

54 months ago

Donald,
Have you applied to some companies? how is you job search?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tina in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

arlesoma in Managua, Nicaragua said: I graduated from The University of Florida with an Industrial and Systems Engineering. As an international Student I had to get a company to sponsor me so that I could stay working in the U.S. Fortunately General Electric hired me and trained me in Six Sigma (Green Belt). So, it is just a matter of searching for the companies that look for your background and applying and passing all their interview process since it is really competitive specially since Americans give priority to americans and afterward to an inmigrant.
However, with your background I am pretty sure you have a great advantage over most americans.
Good Luck!

Hi, arlesoma,

nice to see your response. I am also a Gator, i mean, an IE from UF. I am graduating this semester. Can i talk to you or chat through some software? Do you know any position or interns in GE now that can refer me a little bit?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.