PE in Florida Industrial Eng.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Yenan Leyva in Miami, Florida

75 months ago

Hi, I made the PE (Professional Engineer) process, and I already received my license a couple of month ago. Mi issue is that is extremely hard to find a relatively decent job here in florida.

I currently work for the Postal Service, but not in an engineering position, that's why I'm trying to get a job related with my skills and preparation, but at the same time with the financial situation that we are living is risky to make a move that would be beneficial for me, I have a family and we need to pay bills.

I would like to see if someone need an engineer with the Florida License as PE for a consultant firm or something similar where I could make a career,

Thanks,

Yenan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RP in Miami, Florida

72 months ago

Hi, im and industrial engineer residing in miami and I have the same problem, but i'm really thinking over the decision of getting a PE, because of the lack of job oportunities, do you thinh I should get it?

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JUANCAVP in TAMPA, Florida

68 months ago

I am ready to take the PE test in Industrial Engineering, could you tell me what textbook you studied from?. I have the IE book for the EIT test but it seems to me it won't cover everything.

Thank you

Carlos
juancavp@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Adam in Allison Park, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

You'd think an enterprising IE out there would be able to engineer a competent guide to use for keeping up on those skills we learned in school. I have never seen a book that really does the job.

IIE sells a PE review book by Young and Kennedy. It's not bad. But it is also not good. Unfortunately, since it is the only IE PE review book out there it is all you've got in that department.

There are also the two Handbooks:

Maynard IE Handbook
Salvendy IE Handbook.

I have them both and both provide a wealth of information in a format so voluminous and verbose that they are a headache to use. They look good on your bookshelf though. :-)

My advice is to download the IE exam specs at NCEES. Look at the subject matter breakdown and plan your own route to competency in those areas. Use your old textbooks because there is nothing out there better (for those still in school sell back your non-major texts but NEVER get rid of your IE books!) Buy new texts for subject areas you do not already have books for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.