What is the job market for international student who pursue industrial engineering?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

IEer in College Station, Texas

76 months ago

I have the same question...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RakeshRaj in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

I too have the same question , i have an experience of 2 years in software field and now shifting to IE , doing my masters in IE in texas , arlington .If someone could please help us with the above information as well as help us by informing of what courses to be taken...it would be very helpful.Thanks In Advance .

Thanks and regards,
Rakesh Raj

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Carolina in New York, New York

70 months ago

If you guys enjoy Distribution/Manufacturing environment, then you will be ok finding and enjoying a job as an IE. I have a BS and MS in IE and have worked under a H1b Visa. Getting sponosrship is not easy, and it's getting harder, but if you prove you are a great asset, plus you have something that others don't have, you can market yourself and prove your are competitive.
IE is about all type of processes, but employers tend to hire IE's for warehouses or manuacturing centers. Try to specialize on six sigma and be good with softwares.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Help to start as Industrial Engineer in Glendale, California

62 months ago

I am a 4th yr student from El Salvador looking how to start working in US. also, I like to complete my BS here but i have no clue how to start. haven't found any college for it. most of my work experience is under websites, POS, ophthalmic EQ, and retail store assistant management.

i will appreciate your advice

Elobos in San Francisco, California

62 months ago

Help to start as Industrial Engineer in Glendale, California said: I am a 4th yr student from El Salvador looking how to start working in US. also, I like to complete my BS here but i have no clue how to start. haven't found any college for it. most of my work experience is under websites, POS, ophthalmic EQ, and retail store assistant management.

i will appreciate your advice

Primero que nada, si tienes residencia o ciudadania se te haria mas facil. Sino te costaria un poco mas por el Dinero, a veces es mas facil que puedas entrar a Universidades del Estado de California, que las privadas, hay buenas universidades estatales. Yo soy Salvadorenho, soy ing industrial y conozco dos mas, incluyendo a mi hermano graduados en California. Ve hablar al departamento de Ingeniera de la Universidad mas cercana, pregunta por lo requisitos de tranferencia. Creeme no es el fin del mundo, ni una mision imposible, yo asi lo pensaba, pero ahora me doy cuenta que era menos complicado de lo que pense. Saludos.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karin in San Bruno, California

53 months ago

Hello !

I graduated in IE in 2003 and i worked in a factory for 2 years in my country, after of this i did different things bcuz i didnt speak english well, but now I feel more confident with the language, so I want to work as IE. My problem is that I dont know where to start !! I'm thinking to study six sigma or another courses. Could you give some advice?

Thank

tina in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

Carolina in New York, New York said: If you guys enjoy Distribution/Manufacturing environment, then you will be ok finding and enjoying a job as an IE. I have a BS and MS in IE and have worked under a H1b Visa. Getting sponosrship is not easy, and it's getting harder, but if you prove you are a great asset, plus you have something that others don't have, you can market yourself and prove your are competitive.
IE is about all type of processes, but employers tend to hire IE's for warehouses or manuacturing centers. Try to specialize on six sigma and be good with softwares.

Good luck.

hi, my name is Tina, would you mind tell me more details of how to find a job that the company can sponsor a H1B? Do you have facebook or other chat software that we can talk? thank you so much for helping my career

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.