Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming instructional designer interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

DH in Dartford, United Kingdom

95 months ago

Also look at learning styles - Honey & Mumford or Garners multiple intelligence theory.

Providing designs for people with diff preferences can be key to some employers.
useful material is available at:
www.learningresourcesunlimited.com and
www.businessballs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Chance in Plano, Texas

94 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming instructional designer interview?

ADDIE seems to be the most often 'required' methodology, whether the employer actually uses it or not. It comes up constantly in interviews.

How you ensure you work effectively with subject matter experts is another common one.

Many companies are converting instructor lead training (ILT) to web-based training (WBT) and blended training to try to save money. Some push for quantity (number of courses converted) without giving sufficient thought to quality. They want to know you will meet their deadlines, regardless of how poor the cooperation of your sources. They want to hear how you've managed that in the past.

I have often found that ID interviewers push for much greater education, skills, experience than the job actually entails. Don't know why. During an interview, I try to toss out a couple questions to allow me to gauge the ID qualifications of those interviewing me. Some are very sharp, yet, as I said, overly demanding of the interviewee when the job itself will require much less than the interview implies.

I'm working for AT&T now and find they (in this one instance, at least) require many high-end skills of their new contractors that they simply don't put to use. It's an odd situation. Some of the full-time employee instructional designers I work with are IDs in name only, having been designated IDs when they were moved from other jobs in the company. I'm leaving after four months because I fear I will lose my professional edge at AT&T and will also end up designing/developing nothing I'd want to include in a portfolio when my contract assignment ends. Others who recently came onboard may feel very differently, but this is my honest personal opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tfjs in Rockford, Illinois

90 months ago

I have to agree with Mike above:
This may be slightly off-thread, but it strikes me that some job descriptions are written as a laundry list of skills and experience. I read one a short time ago for a elearning developer that is really for three people: a graphic artist, an instructional designer, and a hard-core programmer. I fully realize that instructional developers are often called on to wear many hats - I've been doing that for many years, and actually enjoy the diversity of interviewing SMEs and recording audio and video and doing some Actionscript coding and working in Photoshop. But the specific detailed skills sometimes called for, it's hard to imagine any one person being able to offer that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DDD in Atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

tfjs in Rockford, Illinois said: I have to agree with Mike above:
This may be slightly off-thread, but it strikes me that some job descriptions are written as a laundry list of skills and experience. I read one a short time ago for a elearning developer that is really for three people: a graphic artist, an instructional designer, and a hard-core programmer. I fully realize that instructional developers are often called on to wear many hats - I've been doing that for many years, and actually enjoy the diversity of interviewing SMEs and recording audio and video and doing some Actionscript coding and working in Photoshop. But the specific detailed skills sometimes called for, it's hard to imagine any one person being able to offer that.

This is absolutely true. Employers either give open-ended job descriptions then say during the interview they would like someone with Y & Z skills 'if we can get it', or they give the 'laundry list.' Then they keep interviewing until they find someone with every single component on the job description, plus the 'nice to have's' or 'preferred's', who will accept a junior-level salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Areej in San Francisco, California

87 months ago

What is your proficiency level of the listed eLearning tools?

It would be very helpful if you would post the eLearning tools list they asked you about.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Megan in Madison, Wisconsin

86 months ago

Mike Chance in Plano, Texas said: ADDIE seems to be the most often 'required' methodology, whether the employer actually uses it or not. It comes up constantly in interviews.

How you ensure you work effectively with subject matter experts is another common one.

Many companies are converting instructor lead training (ILT) to web-based training (WBT) and blended training to try to save money. Some push for quantity (number of courses converted) without giving sufficient thought to quality. They want to know you will meet their deadlines, regardless of how poor the cooperation of your sources. They want to hear how you've managed that in the past.

I have often found that ID interviewers push for much greater education, skills, experience than the job actually entails. Don't know why. During an interview, I try to toss out a couple questions to allow me to gauge the ID qualifications of those interviewing me. Some are very sharp, yet, as I said, overly demanding of the interviewee when the job itself will require much less than the interview implies.

I'm working for AT&T now and find they (in this one instance, at least) require many high-end skills of their new contractors that they simply don't put to use. It's an odd situation. Some of the full-time employee instructional designers I work with are IDs in name only, having been designated IDs when they were moved from other jobs in the company. I'm leaving after four months because I fear I will lose my professional edge at AT&T and will also end up designing/developing nothing I'd want to include in a portfolio when my contract assignment ends. Others who recently came onboard may feel very differently, but this is my honest personal opinion.

Great Comments! I almost decided to do an ID contract assignment for AT&T here in Wisconsin but was a bit hesitant. After reading your comments I am so glad I didn't do it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Megan in Madison, Wisconsin

86 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming instructional designer interview?

I just graduated with my Masters in Instructional Design & Technology in May. I have been searching for work since then, and have had many interviews for Instructional Design positions at some very large companies. I have found that most companies are moving toward e-Learning, and are wanting experience with the following software:

Flash, Captivate, Camtasia, Breeze, Blackboard. I have also been asked the following questions numerous times:

1.Describe how you get information from "difficult" Subject Matter Experts?

2. Describe your design process

3. How do you go about ensuring your Learning Objectives are met?

4. How do you measure success of your designs?

5. Which of Kirkpatrick's Four Levels do you have the most experience with?

6. If you design a course for a sales class, and the instructor comes to you saying the attendees just are not understanding the material, what would you say or do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Craig in Alexandria, Virginia

85 months ago

Dwight in Hiram, Georgia said: I echo the sense that many companies overfill the skills plate for an ID position. My question is "What kind of questions do IDers ask the prospective employer?"...I like to interview the company as well as be interviewed, so that I can determine what they REALLY need (if they even know) and whether I want to work for them. I usually start with:
1. Why is this opportunity here?
2. What is the strength of top management's commitment to training?
3. How does the training initiative reflect the key company objectives and strategic plan.
4. Do you have any full-time ID staff? What is their educational background -- T&D, ID, OD?
5. What is the makeup of your IT talent, and are they accessible for the completion of
projects?
6. What kind of performance problems will I need to address in the first 3-6 months?
7. Have you used or do you now use OTS/outside training vendors? Why?
8. Do you have a preferred methodology/proprietary guidelines?
9. What is your ideal vision of training effectiveness over the next 3 years?

Thanks, Dwight -- these are excellent questions, and i plan to use them very soon.

Brad in Raleigh, North Carolina

82 months ago

I've been a technical writer for many years and would like to transition to Instructional Design. Has anyone else taken this route? Would it require getting a masters?

Also, I've been looking at ID master degree programs, but most in my area all seem to be online (NCSU, VT). Do online programs carry any weight when looking for ID jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruchi in Newington, Connecticut

81 months ago

Hi,
actually even i have completed my course in ID and looking for job,but as i am new in this country.I am not aware of the kind of questions and work environment here.If you can through some light.It will help me to prepare me for an interview.

Megan in Madison, Wisconsin said: I just graduated with my Masters in Instructional Design & Technology in May. I have been searching for work since then, and have had many interviews for Instructional Design positions at some very large companies. I have found that most companies are moving toward e-Learning, and are wanting experience with the following software:

Flash, Captivate, Camtasia, Breeze, Blackboard. I have also been asked the following questions numerous times:

1.Describe how you get information from "difficult" Subject Matter Experts?

2. Describe your design process

3. How do you go about ensuring your Learning Objectives are met?

4. How do you measure success of your designs?

5. Which of Kirkpatrick's Four Levels do you have the most experience with?

6. If you design a course for a sales class, and the instructor comes to you saying the attendees just are not understanding the material, what would you say or do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brij in Edinburgh, United Kingdom

81 months ago

Hi,

I am quite happy with the above information regarding Instructional design.

I am preparing for ID interview could you please advice me some Interview questions, commercial awareness and ...what are the new technologies and softwares IDs are using for making designes.

Looking forward for the suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Richmond, Virginia

81 months ago

As an account manager who works with several Fortune 500 clients to recruit talent for their open positions, I find that companies are looking for candidates who can fill the dual role of Instructional Design AND Instructional Developer. As some of the tools become more automated, I see candidates who are getting experience in both roles. Based on that, I have an open position who is looking for an Instructional Designer, with good experience in WBT (seems they have a need for someone good with Captivate). If you and or anyone you know is interested in a 1 Year contract in San Antonio, TX, please send a resume to skennedy@apexsystemsinc.com or give me a call at 512-879-6095.

Shine777 in Vienna, Virginia

81 months ago

Hi,
I am currently working on a project with very stiff deadlines. I am looking out for a mentor who can help me with the different phases of using Adobe captivate 3 for a project. I need help in certain topics and it would be wonderful if anyone can help me with this. Next week we begin the build phase and I have questions regarding the menu builder function and how do we link different sub topics in a menu builder?

Please help my email id is businessanalyst777@gmail.com

God bless
Shine777

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nidhi Gupta in Vadodara, India

80 months ago

My suggestion is prepare the theories of Instruction design. These are widely available on internet. Also be ready to describe in detail your past projects.

Other most commenly asked questions are:

Can u tell us something about education theories - Gagne, Bloom's..
What is ADDIE - Analysis, Design, Development, Implemetation, Evaluation
How do u work with a difficult SME?
What is the difference between an ILT and WBT?
How do you create a WBT for a client who simply gives you their class room training PPTs to be converted into a WBT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nidhi Gupta in Vadodara, India

80 months ago

In cotinuation with above -

As an ID, you should be able to work on tools like Captivate, Snag IT, Camtasia, Dream Weaver...to name a few.

Projects require that you quickly learn any new tool, on client request.

Knowledge of MS word is a must!!

Brijesh in Edinburgh, United Kingdom

80 months ago

Nidhi Gupta in Vadodara, India said: In cotinuation with above -

As an ID, you should be able to work on tools like Captivate, Snag IT, Camtasia, Dream Weaver...to name a few.

Projects require that you quickly learn any new tool, on client request.

Knowledge of MS word is a must!!

Hi Nidhi,

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

I really appreciate you for your good helpful advices, I'll try to work on all and if you have got some more useful links u send to me on brij24@gmail.com
Its always good to be in touch with people from same community (E-learning).

Thanks

Brij...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suresh in Madras, India

80 months ago

Good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ramesh in Bombay, India

77 months ago

Browse through the internet to know about the learning theories and instructional design models.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Priyabharath in Bombay, India

77 months ago

You can surely expect a question on content types.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pcronin3@verizon.net in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

I've been in the field 15 years and all the above info. I feel is very accurate. Co's want more and to pay less. For an ID to do all the chores just doesn't make sense and on a number of occasions I have just moved on. Co's just don't get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

id in San Jose, California

73 months ago

Recommendation: Adopt their terms...lose yours. One manager slung out a string of acronyms while asking for an example of when I had used PSTs...I said, you mean Job Aids? He huffily said, no, PSTs. I gave my example anyway, but the use of Job Aids was clearly offensive to him (he was fresh out of school...I got the feeling he had zero experience so maybe it was an online degree...he wasn't young...anyway...stick to their terms. (I didn't get this job obviously.) In another case, where I did get the job, they were using the term "learning" in place of "training" and I switched.

Make a cheat sheet for yourself. Include the definition of Kirkpatrick's Level III for example, and a good definition of SCORM-compliance and examples of when and why you applied them. When you are nervous you may need a few key phrases, and they may have gotten their questions (and expected answers off the Net) so make sure you know some of the standard key words, especially if it is a recruiter interview.

Also, if they ask you to rate yourself in Word, InfoMapping, Dreamweaver or some other tool, never say 9 or 10...say 7 or 8, tops. I got asked questions like "how to "Repeat an action in Word" (I missed it, saying I'm an expert at "Ctrl Z" having need of that function much more frequently...they laughed); "how to add your name as author of a document in Word", (again, I didn't know it off the top of my head...had I been at my desk I could have found it in a second or two in the menus but I was in my car so I couldn't cheat...all I had was my odometer and wiper controls--not a single question on those. Again, I made a small joke and said "Can I get back to you on that?...again, laughter" and, "when I rated myself 9, did you think I meant 10 was the best or 1 was the best? because I meant..." (howls of laughter) By the way, I got the job where I blew both Word answers...goes to show, it's not the failure, it's how gracefully and humbly you handle it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

id in San Jose, California

73 months ago

Brad in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I've been a technical writer for many years and would like to transition to Instructional Design. Has anyone else taken this route? Would it require getting a masters?

Also, I've been looking at ID master degree programs, but most in my area all seem to be online (NCSU, VT). Do online programs carry any weight when looking for ID jobs?

Brad,

The quickest way is to dive in and learn the latest development tools being used in your area/job market. Do a search of ID and then see what they are asking for and learn it fast. Then get an ID textbook on eBay and read it (the ones from the online schools should be for sale). I would recommend getting your degree from a local university and not online. The local university will get you an internship and place you once you graduate. Many of those I work with are from the local city colleges, and the students come and tour our work place and we answer questions and show them what we do...an online school just isn't going to do that. However, you can get into ID without the degree if you already have some reasonable degree already because you can specialize. If you have a Computer Science degree you can write tech ID, etc. Remember, it only takes one job to get you started and you need to market yourself for that job. Reply to this posting and I will give you more specific tips and ideas of where to apply.

Aps in Madras, India

71 months ago

id in San Jose, California said: Brad,

The quickest way is to dive in and learn the latest development tools being used in your area/job market. Do a search of ID and then see what they are asking for and learn it fast. Then get an ID textbook on eBay and read it (the ones from the online schools should be for sale). I would recommend getting your degree from a local university and not online. The local university will get you an internship and place you once you graduate. Many of those I work with are from the local city colleges, and the students come and tour our work place and we answer questions and show them what we do...an online school just isn't going to do that. However, you can get into ID without the degree if you already have some reasonable degree already because you can specialize. If you have a Computer Science degree you can write tech ID, etc. Remember, it only takes one job to get you started and you need to market yourself for that job. Reply to this posting and I will give you more specific tips and ideas of where to apply.

Hi! Got to read your comment when i was googling for a career shift to an ID.I have 3.4 yrs work experience after my masters in IT.I have 2 years work experince in software development and 1.4 yrs in software testing and now i am on job hunt and would want to move to ID position as i have a passion for teaching.Help me with ideas as to how i can make a job as an ID with the experience i have and no experience as an ID!! Thanks in advance and will await to hear from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

Hi, ID in San Jose, I would also like to receive the advice you provided Brad for breaking into the ID field. I too have several years of tech writing experience. Thank you.

sapauditor@gmail.com

67 months ago

Write to me with your own email and I will show you my resume and how to work your Dice.com profile into a tech/id resume. SAPauditor@gmail.com Trish

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sapauditor@gmail.com

67 months ago

Download the trial versions of Articulate Presenter, Engage, QuizMaker (in order...it takes time to learn each one) and learn them. Do the same with Adobe Presenter, then Captivate. Also, TechSmith SnagIt and Camtasia. Join the free forums and free tuturials. Find a buddy doing the same thing (from this forum, or me) and sketch out a learning plan for the development tools. Then, develop a very short lesson using Articulate with SnagIt and Camtasia; do another using Adobe Presenter with Captivate; these will turn into your work samples. Using Google's "Document" feature, "publish" your resume with a link to these work samples. Use Google's "Sites" (free) to place your eLearning course lesson/partial module work sample displaying the various tools you have demonstrated. Write to me for more info or a resume sample. Good luck! Stay in touch with each other as well.
Trish; SAPauditor@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nidhi Gupta in Pune, India

67 months ago

Also learn Articulate 9. It is a rapid elearning tool and comes with Presenter, Engage, and Quizmaker. Excellent tool...Download its trial version and practice creating a course with certain number of modules. Will give you good practice & hands-on experience.

brij24 in Edinburgh, United Kingdom

67 months ago

Hi,

Its true that Articulate is wonderful, I have used Articulate for my few projects and found it great, however If you do not have enough bucks to by software there are many free applications available on web, some are very good which you can try are myudutu, xerte for more information you can have look at

www.rsc-ne-scotland.ac.uk/eduapps/accessapps.php

www.techdis.ac.uk/

Hope this will be of some help.

Brij

sekhar in Hyderabad, India

65 months ago

nocomment here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sophia in Pearland, Texas

58 months ago

I have an interview for an educational technology specialist. I have a masters in Instructional technology but its been 2 years since I earned it. I have used very little of the material I learned (sad to say). I worked in the elementary setting trying to implement technology when possible but the school I was at had very limited resourse. I am needing to do a crash course for interview. Can anybody tell me what they(interviewer) might ask? I know I will be responsible for Elementary level TEKS and ISTE standards. Any help will be very much appreciated. I have started a spreadsheet with all of the above softwares possible for use. They have been very helpful. THANK YOU all!

Ruchi in India

58 months ago

hi ID in San Jose, i am new to this field nd have limited technical knowledge, just limited to Microsoft suite. i would like to go ahead with a career in ID and have begun to explore the net extensively. I am getting relevant information too, but no direction to proceed. Hope you can be of help to me. i am in the field of content writing and now want to plunge into ID.

Marie in Embarrass, Minnesota

58 months ago

I'd appreciate tips and ideas of where to apply. Thanks!

I've been an instructor and writer for 25 years; the past six years I've created and taught online courses using three different information management systems. I'd like to move into the field of instructional design . . . What type of specialization do you suggest for someone with my background?

Ruchi in India said: hi ID in San Jose, i am new to this field nd have limited technical knowledge, just limited to Microsoft suite. i would like to go ahead with a career in ID and have begun to explore the net extensively. I am getting relevant information too, but no direction to proceed. Hope you can be of help to me. i am in the field of content writing and now want to plunge into ID.

Rakesh in Madras, India

53 months ago

I am an ID with 5 years of experience. I find this post really informative. On reading this, I came to know the ID trends in U.S. eLearning industry.

In India, things are somewhat different. During interviews IDs are frequently asked questions on Bloom's taxonomy, Gagne's nine events of instruction, ADDIE, content types and the like. ID are also tested on writing, editing, grammar, content chunking, and storyboarding and visualisation skills.

I wish to know if there is any definitive book, which has all the knowledge an ID needs, something like a compendium or a reference manual for IDs.

I thank you all for providing useful information on ID.

Bob in Denver, Colorado

51 months ago

Any suggestions about where to "publicly" access programs like Articulate, Captivate, etc. to get some experience with them without having to purchase them all privately?

John in Camden, New Jersey

46 months ago

Rakesh in Madras, India said: I am an ID with 5 years of experience. I find this post really informative. On reading this, I came to know the ID trends in U.S. eLearning industry.

In India, things are somewhat different. During interviews IDs are frequently asked questions on Bloom's taxonomy, Gagne's nine events of instruction, ADDIE, content types and the like. ID are also tested on writing, editing, grammar, content chunking, and storyboarding and visualisation skills.

I wish to know if there is any definitive book, which has all the knowledge an ID needs, something like a compendium or a reference manual for IDs.

Rakesh, the problem in the US is that everybody thinks ID's should all be computer geeks who know every program, can write code, and can do audio-vid work and produce the results on time and in budget. Of course they can't, but nobody is willing to say that and nobody has the leverage to tell their bosses or a potential boss that. The marketplace in the us is out of whack and while the demand continues to be on cost-cutting and budgets and the public/private industry without the leverage to demand better quality, then this will all continue.

Stu in Austin, Texas

44 months ago

Brad in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I've been a technical writer for many years and would like to transition to Instructional Design. Has anyone else taken this route? Would it require getting a masters?

I was a Tech Writer and finished my MAEd in Instructional Design from an online school. I took it online for a couple reasons, the most important being I wanted to learn how to develop training in an online environment...what better way than to earn a degree online?

I've held three ID positions since, and I don't believe I would have qualified for any of them without the MAEd.

Swaminathan.S in Bangalore, India

38 months ago

I was a product n process trainer in a BPO in india, i loved my time training people and assisting SME's to develop training materials and process strategies, i quit my job to pursue M.A-communication to qualify myself for better prospects., i dont really enjoy writing and certainly dont like sitting in front of the monitor year long.., i have been job-hunting over a year now since i dont want to get back to BPO jobs after my M.A.. i have got an Instructional Designer interview in a prestigious company which is 250 miles from my place.. i would like ID professionals to give their inputs if i should give it a shot or just wait till i get a good job in media which i believe i would better suit......,
suggestions r most welcome.......

Manjima in Bangalore, India

35 months ago

Rakesh in Madras, India said: I am an ID with 5 years of experience. I find this post really informative. On reading this, I came to know the ID trends in U.S. eLearning industry.

Hello Rakesh,

Could you elaborate a little on how storyboarding/visualization skills are tested in India?

Thanks,
Manjima

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pegyyarnold@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

These comments has surely prepared me. Thank you all.

jenab in Austin, Texas

33 months ago

tfjs in Rockford, Illinois said: it strikes me that some job descriptions are written as a laundry list of skills and experience.

It often is, especially if the people involved in creating that job req aren't intimately familiar with the job, especially ones like ID that involve a mix of hard and soft skills.

The adage "don't judge a book by it's cover" applies to job postings; don't assume what you see is what you're really going to.

NoMail in Rochester, New Hampshire

31 months ago

Keep in mind that a lot of companies really do not understand instructional design. They abuse the term and post positions when really what they are looking for is someone to do course development work. Development is different than design. An instructional DESIGNER analyzes learner needs, applies appropriate models and learning theories to the design of instruction, can diagnose educational issues, implement the solution, and conduct educational evaluations - simply put. A DEVELOPER uses tools to implement instruction usually through the use of technologies like Flash, Articulate, HTML/javascript etc. Most instructional designers do a combination of both. However, companies are often really looking for the developer as opposed to the designer which creates some issues in the job market. If you can do "everything" you will probably never lack for a job, because you will be in high demand. Most people can't, and what I have found is a LOT of people lack the designer attributes listed above (usually requiring education). So while they might be able to program action script, they couldn't tell you what the cognitive dimensions are. Just like a company weeds through applicants you need to weed through postings to find the right fit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

cjones in New Market, Maryland

31 months ago

This is the clearest definition I have seen of the two terms. This will help me "weed" out and get the right fit for my skills. Thanks.

gwinna in Herrin, Illinois

25 months ago

cjones in New Market, Maryland said: This is the clearest definition I have seen of the two terms. This will help me "weed" out and get the right fit for my skills. Thanks.

I am an Instructional Designer, well I will be on December 15, officially that is. I have been interviewing for positions, worried I will not find one, but I have found; I should not worry about finding a job, I need to worry about finding a job
that will challenge my skills and expertise. I have not spent the last 3 years getting my Masters in Instructional Design to be stuck plugging information into a captivate project. I like NoMail said above I am in High Demand It is hard to
be patient when you are a single mom who is unemployed as of the 15th of December. I do not want to jump into a position that I know I can do, it would be easy and pay really well, but with no challenge at all. I am afraid it would get really boring really fast. It is tough finding that right fit.

gwinna in Herrin, Illinois

25 months ago

Bob in Denver, Colorado said: Any suggestions about where to "publicly" access programs like Articulate, Captivate, etc. to get some experience with them without having to purchase them all privately?

you can actually download free copies of these for a month subscription and Adobe now offers a month by month payment for access to their design suite and Captivate.

Christopher Pappas in Athens, Greece

20 months ago

Your viewers may find useful the <a href="how-to-get-a-job-as-an-instructional-designer">How To Get A Job As An Instructional Designer </a>

Have a wonderful day,
Christopher Pappas

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.