Considering taking prelicense course for my Insurance need some advice/info

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Annette in Manteca, California

18 months ago

I am considering getting into insurance but not sure which I want to do first. I have been researching things the past few days but am still up in the air. I do not mind paying for my own course my problem is knowing which company to go with. Here is my background & current situation.

Worked for 5+ years in the mortgage industry
Went into the health field for a few years as a CNA/CHHA
Was working toward my nursing but the class was cancelled. Had a back up going on at the same time with taking courses for my A S in business administration. Most of my focus was on marketing & such. Did not finish the required credits for my A S though due to some family obligations.

My most current job was working for a local newspaper as an Advertising Sales Representative. I recently quit because they took away our base plus commission & put us only on a draw. The territory I had would not even cover my draw so I would be upside every month.

Currently I am working for a newly started local magazine company doing sales & I do not like it. Period.

My husband is a recent heart transplant patient so I have to have some flexibility with my job to attend extensive medical appointments with him.

I am leaning towards Life & Health at this time, but because of my husbands illness our credit was shot the past 6 1/2 years. I know no reputable big company will not touch me right now so I am looking for a smaller company. I am all for going independent, but would need a start up business book for dummies on how to put it all together & actually make a profit. Not looking to make 100k just a decent monthly income to pay my bills as I build my book of business. Does anyone know of a local company that will take you on, pay you a small salary as you prepare for your test then help you build your business? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Hi John,thank you for the reply! Here is my email address email me & I can respond with my phone number since I do not see a way to pm you on here! annettesoiano1@hotmail.com Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John O. in Corona, California

17 months ago

Annette in Manteca, California said: Hi John,thank you for the reply! Here is my email address email me & I can respond with my phone number since I do not see a way to pm you on here! annettesoiano1@hotmail.com Thank you

Annete, the email you gave me keeps comming back. Do you have another? heres mine johnortiz1972@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Sorry I just noticed I was missing a letter in my email address. It is annettesoriano1@hotmail.com

John O. in Corona, California

17 months ago

Annete, I send you an email with my info. I will wait for your reply.

Holly James in Peoria, Arizona

17 months ago

My brother works for an independent insurance agency in Minnesota (www.kenjarchoagency.com) and absolutely loves it. They are very flexible, great to work with, and supportive. I would recommend doing insurance to anyone that has a brain for it.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.