Felony and past bankruptcy history....Licensure? Appointments?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Erskine in Chicago, Illinois

53 months ago

Studying for the license exam for health and life. Need to know if a singular law related incident from 1969 (less than $100.00)could prevent getting appointments with major carriers OR even getting licensed.Told to complete training, take test, apply to state and see what happens. Incident from my youth involving a check. Bankruptcy discharged 2004. Good solid person with these two hiccups from past unfortunate experiences otherwise normal college trained guy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Scotty in Memphis, Tennessee

51 months ago

I almost positive that you will be fine. I know of at least two agents that are working, one with a very current bankruptcy and the other with really bad credit. They had no problem with appointments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cc mack in Montrose, Colorado

51 months ago

I have been offered to come into an entry level position at a local ins agency in Colorado they will pay for me to get license. I have felony convictions Marijuana and speed from the early 1980's in Texas. Will this prevent me from getting license to sell insurance in Colorado.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

questionforyou in Cowpens, South Carolina

43 months ago

I was dischared from ch 7 bk in 2006. I want to work for a finance company. with this position, you must become lic. to sell insurnace. Will my bk prevent me from doing so?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kent in Memphis, Tennessee

32 months ago

I am a new agent and I am in a ch 13. I just got licensed and looking for a company to began working for. Will I be waisting my time applying for companies that do background and credit checks? Scotty mentioned others working in insurance, and doing ok dispite their bad credit, or bankruptcy issues. What shall I expect from the large insurance companies?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kent in Memphis, Tennessee

32 months ago

Scotty in Memphis, Tennessee said: I almost positive that you will be fine. I know of at least two agents that are working, one with a very current bankruptcy and the other with really bad credit. They had no problem with appointments.

Scotty should I be looking at working for a captive or non-captive agency since I have a BK? Some insurance companies do credit checks, and I believe they would rather not heir someone with a BK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.