Sexual Harrasement

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Mike188 in City, American Samoa

59 months ago

My wife started selling life insurance several months ago with one of the large companies here in the US. She has done very good so far and everything is going great, well almost everything. There is an older agent there that took her under his wing to offer her advice and encouragement. At first I was ok with this but as time has gone on I started to suspect that his intentions were not totally honorable. My wife has told me several times that he really makes a lot of dirty jokes and makes a lot of comments of a sexual nature. I later find out that not too long ago that was a sexual harrasement complaint filed against him but he "beat" it. Now there is a rumor that he is having an affair with one of the secretaries. This was really starting to trouble me. OnDec 25th of all days I was looking throuhg my wife's texts and reading some of the texts that he had been sending her after hours when low and behold he sends another one. I open it up and it says something to the effect of: "are you in (name of city)? Don't get too many hickies on your neck but my offer still stands if you need someone to do any biting on your neck then I am your man". Obviously this makes me very angry. I tell my wife to reply back and ask him what he means by this. He immediately starts responding with excuses and stories about what he means by this - all obviously total BS. He calls her the next day and leaves a message that he needs to talk to her. She calls back and told me that he apologized and she told him that it was very inappropriate. She says that will be the end of it and that she doesn't want to get him in any trouble. Continued...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike188 in City, American Samoa

59 months ago

continued...

My wife also tells me that she told the Managing Partner's secretary about this and the secretary agreed that it was very inappropriate. My wife knew the Managing Partner's secretary before she started working there an I know her a little so I sent her an e-mail telling her that I am not happy and want to know more about the situation. The secretary replies and has a totally different opinion. She says that this agent talks to all the women liek this and didn't mean anything. She then went on to say that that is just the way everyone up there talks and they don't see anything inappropriate about it at all. Are you kidding me??? They guy offers to bite on my wife's neck and it is ok? That explains why there has been so much drama up there already. There was an angry spouse up there a few weeks mad because she felt this secretary was making way too many personal phone calls and texts to her husband. What happened? They all now make fun of her at the office. I liked the place before but now I am very uncomfortable with the work environment there. I read the company's sexual harrasement policy and it has no gray areas, but I was told by someone else I know that was in insurance for many years that it was all BS and companies like this always sweep it under the rug and throw the complainer under the bus. All of this has me very troubled. I don't like my wife going to work in an environment like this every day. What should I do?

agent0317 in Keyser, West Virginia

53 months ago

Cant your wife decide for her self? If she is an adult this is her issue.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.