Which insurance company is good to work for??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 554)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Kesha Hamilton in Memphis, Tennessee

80 months ago

Hi,

I am currently a mortgage broker who is looking to diversify my income by getting into the insurance business. I would like to hear from those of you who are in the industry. What companies are good to work for? Does your company pay a base or is it strictly commission? What is the work culture like? Do they do a credit check? What is the commission split? Quotas? Benefits?? A friend told me about AIG and it sounded almost too good to be true, but after reading about them about them on these forums, I'm starting to form a different opinion!! There are several companies to choose from, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Allstate, etc..I am looking for a GOOD company where I can offer auto, property, life, health, etc...I would like to narrow it down to about 2-3 companies and then maybe apply for a position w/ those companies..Any advice is appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (265) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Carter in Lexington, South Carolina

79 months ago

Derik Tutt in Atlanta, Georgia said: Kesha, I am a Realtor in the same boat as you. I've been doing research and thought I found the right company but I was wrong. I have finally found the right company as far as the quality of the lead system and the infrastructure. E mail me at deriktutt@yahoo.com so we can schedule a time to talk. I can also help you out as far as marketing your mortgage business online. I can show you all sorts of free tools you can begin to use immediately. Take care.

I live in SC and would love to hear more about the insurance company you found as well as marketing ideas. I have been a mortgage professional for the last 14 years and need another source of income.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Carter in Lexington, South Carolina

79 months ago

jcc1991@earthlink.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Dali in North Hollywood, California

79 months ago

Kesha Hamilton in Memphis, Tennessee said: Hi,

I am currently a mortgage broker who is looking to diversify my income by getting into the insurance business. I would like to hear from those of you who are in the industry. What companies are good to work for? Does your company pay a base or is it strictly commission? What is the work culture like? Do they do a credit check? What is the commission split? Quotas? Benefits?? A friend told me about AIG and it sounded almost too good to be true, but after reading about them about them on these forums, I'm starting to form a different opinion!! There are several companies to choose from, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Allstate, etc..I am looking for a GOOD company where I can offer auto, property, life, health, etc...I would like to narrow it down to about 2-3 companies and then maybe apply for a position w/ those companies..Any advice is appreciated!

see about my company which generates
exclusive, best leads in the industry (state farm
made $50 million, our company made $250 million,
and is # 1 in USA:

naa.tvheaven.com

call me, it will be the best phone call you made

Dali

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (52) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Westland, Michigan

78 months ago

From a fellow indeeder...

"The whole thing with NAA is a SCAM !! When are you people going to realize that? I purchased brand new A+ leads and I was getting hung up on, or told that this family had already been covered by OM or Foresters, three to four weeks ago. NAA is re-selling the leads, over and over again. It is total greed and I hope they all go to prison for fraud !!

As for the situation with OM, the new paperwork they wanted you to sign so quickly, well guess why? Because it is now a 3 year charge-back period.

The sooner you all leave NAA, the better off you are going to be. I am a MUCH happier person now, I don't have sleepless nights, I don't have skin/rash problems because I was so nervous about how I was going to make ends meet, etc....

NAA ruined my credit as well by telling me I should travel all over the country for C R A P. I was paying big bucks to travel all over the country, yet my manager and her managers were receiving commissions from those trips. Is that fair? I certainly don't think so.

Lastly, I was in one of the BIGGEST agencies, if not the LARGEST agency in Texas and the two head people running that agency are looking for a life-boat. I have a friend who was coming up with another idea for a new company, totally outside the realm of NAA and Mortgage Protection and/or insurance. When he told them about his idea, these two men, (you can figure out who they are) tried to first of all pump him for the information and/or concept about the new company he was going to form (even told him "This might be the life-boat that we are looking for") and then once he quit NAA, they have tried to start-up a similar business.

Crooks is what they all are. Buyer beware !!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Elk Grove, California

77 months ago

I love how all you mortgage people think you can just start selling insurance on the side because your industry is at rock bottom!! Insurance IS HARD WORK and requires long hours. It is not a side job. Secondly, make sure you have funds to make it for several years because it takes about 5 years to get a good base of renewals to live off. There are many companies that you can join that will subsidize you for the first couple years, but be ready to sell insurance like crazy to get that money. And yes, any insurance company that will give you a contract will do a credit check. As an insurance agent you have fiduciary responsibilities to your customers. They don't want to take a chance with people that have bad credit. Not to mention if you have bad credit you wont qualify to sell the financial products as the NASD will not let you be licensed if you have financial issues on your credit. You could be an independent agent, but in order to make it you probably would have to purchase someone's book of business. Most large competative insurance companies that sell through independent agents or brokers wont let a person with no experiance sell their products. Most companies will want you to have an established agency and a proven track record before they allow you to sell their products. Other than that, good luck, it's a great industry, but you have to hang in for the long haul. It's not like the hay day of real estate where everybody and their brother could do a loan or two and make huge commissions. Insurance commissions for P&C sales are that high, unless you get into commercial or workers comp, which is difficult and not for newbies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Sean in Elk Grove, California said: I love how all you mortgage people think you can just start selling insurance on the side because your industry is at rock bottom!! Insurance IS HARD WORK and requires long hours. It is not a side job. Secondly, make sure you have funds to make it for several years because it takes about 5 years to get a good base of renewals to live off. There are many companies that you can join that will subsidize you for the first couple years, but be ready to sell insurance like crazy to get that money. And yes, any insurance company that will give you a contract will do a credit check. As an insurance agent you have fiduciary responsibilities to your customers. They don't want to take a chance with people that have bad credit. Not to mention if you have bad credit you wont qualify to sell the financial products as the NASD will not let you be licensed if you have financial issues on your credit. You could be an independent agent, but in order to make it you probably would have to purchase someone's book of business. Most large competative insurance companies that sell through independent agents or brokers wont let a person with no experiance sell their products....

"You mortgage people"??? First of all, the insurance business CAN be part time, full time or whatever I choose to make it...I know several people doing it PT if they have other things going on, on the side...Trust me, I'm no stranger to hard word or long hours!! And I've checked around and there are plenty of companies that will also hire you as an unexperienced agent as long as you've met licensing req'ts...What company do you work for??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Sacramento, California

77 months ago

Kesha Hamilton in Memphis, Tennessee said: "You mortgage people"??? First of all, the insurance business CAN be part time, full time or whatever I choose to make it...I know several people doing it PT if they have other things going on, on the side...Trust me, I'm no stranger to hard word or long hours!! And I've checked around and there are plenty of companies that will also hire you as an unexperienced agent as long as you've met licensing req'ts...What company do you work for??

I'm a Farmers Agent by the way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Sean in Sacramento, California said: Of course you can make insurance full time or part time or WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE. Thats pretty obvious. If you want to be successfull, you better make damn sure you are doing it full time, and have money in reserves. Instead of getting combative, you should listen to people that have been doing it for years and knows what to expect, unlike yourself.

Sean, I take in and appreciate the information that is of VALUE, but don't need comments like "I love how you mortgage people "think" you can start doing insurance one the side"...Yeah, that comment had such a negative tone..Anyway, thx for the bits of info that were helpful, other than that..I did pick up something helpful from your post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

chris manns in Orlando, Florida

76 months ago

So if you had a bad experience like a divorce or loss of job/income adn your bills got behind, they penalize you for that and not give you a job......???????Doesnt make since when there are already about 80-90% of the ones who do get the job fail......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Sacramento, California

76 months ago

That's where you're wrong. Its not a job, it's a business opportunity. If you can't pay your bills and run your personal finances, how can you run a sucessful business? There's a lot to this business that you will not understand until you are in it. They are mainly looking at if you have things like a bankruptcy, judgements or collections debts. If all you have some dings on your credit, you should be just fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

NJagent

76 months ago

agent in Phoenix, Arizona said: There is a very easy method to sell insurance and get the best rate for your clients possible. Be a broker and shop for them. My method does require an up front investment for leads and tracking software. No driving no traveling and plenty of interested people to talk to.

Agent from Phoenix, AZ

Could you share with me what opportunity you are involved with that allows you to work from home?

NJagent

JSILVA0711@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Termchoice in Newbury Park, California said: I work from home selling life insurance making use of the internet and phone.I am very please to share the details if you send me an email with you phone number.
termchoice@aol.com

Chris Manns

Interested in your lead system

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

Cristina in Yorktown, Virginia said: I am a realtor in Virginia and I am looking to diversify and get into insurance sales. I have tried to look for insurance schools in the area with no luck. Does anyone know of schools in my area of via internet that I could get my license. Once I have obtained my license- Can anyone recommend what company/broker is best to work for/learn the ropes from.

My credit is shabby because of my divorce a few years ago- is that going to hinder me in getting hired?

Thanks
Cristina

With poor credit you likely will have a hard time finding a job with a captive carrier. Without prior insurance experience you likely cannot open your own independent insurance agency either. The answer? Contact local independent agents in your area and ask if you can write insurance through their agency. You'll need to agree to some commission split. Work into any agreement the option for you to take your book of business with you after three years if you want to open your own agency.

As far as insurance schools, you should be able to google for insurance schools in your area or contact your state department of insurance.

Good Luck!
www.lowcostaffordableinsurance.com/low_cost_auto_insurance.php

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Most of us are in the "Bad Credit Boat"! I'm an experienced agent with $65,000 worth of credit card debt! Not because I went wild...I had no choice and I did make bad investments and choices. I just lost my car and the collection agencies and calling me everyday. Being in Michigan and self employed (Insurance) it always seems like that I'm walking in MUD! It'll get better....

Anyways....The reason I'm posting this is beacuse even with my Financial problems, I'm still able to contract with big Insurance companies. My old collegue told me few months back that the big boys only really care about bankruptcies and felonies.

:-) "if u fall down....get up, clean yourself and try again"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Orlando, Florida

75 months ago

when someone ask tou to you one of their carriers, does that mean you can be appointed with one broker but still do business through another?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Just so i understand you clearly:

I am going to work for a broker/ not by myself. As i am working for this broker who already contracts with many insurance companies. I was trying to make sure that i can contract certain deals through an outside insurance compny if it is not already in the brokers network of insurance companies or is that allowed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gary in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

Chris,

This seems to be a question that needs posed to your broker. Are you signing a contract? If yes, it should be spelled out in that. If it's not mentioned, it would seem to open the door for you to use other carriers. Are they paying a salary or are you on total commission?
www.lowcostaffordableinsurance.com/low_cost_health_insurance.php

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

It sounds like you have freedom to do what you wish. But I would not go around advertising it. However, it may be prudent to approach your broker with the idea of being able to use some carriers outside their ability on cases you are unable to place with them. That way they are not caught totally off guard.
www.lowcostaffordableinsurance.com/low_cost_insurance.php

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

ok

thanks

how do you become totally independent?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marild in Culver City, California

75 months ago

I tried working for as a captive agent for about a year and stopped because the competition was so rough. I felt very limited with working with one insurance company (ie. complaints about high rates). Plus, my district manager really didn't guide me on sales techniques. So for the last year I have been searching for the right company. I want to go independent but I feel I need some guidance in this area. I wish there was some company that offer training in insurance sales but from what I hear it is something you have to do by just jumping in. I agree insurance is really hard work and I am willing to do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cristina in Yorktown, Virginia

75 months ago

As I mentioned in my previous message. I am wanting to transition from real estate to the insurance business however I want to be independent. I know that would be very hard because I would be new however I am a quick learner. Once I have obtained my licensed- Would anyone be willing to take me on and show me the ropes?

Cristina
cristinaandsons@gmail.com

Gary in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

Cristina in Yorktown, Virginia said: As I mentioned in my previous message. I am wanting to transition from real estate to the insurance business however I want to be independent. I know that would be very hard because I would be new however I am a quick learner. Once I have obtained my licensed- Would anyone be willing to take me on and show me the ropes?

Cristina
cristinaandsons@gmail.com

YOu almost need to find a broker in Virginia to help you. I have to imagine there are lots of independent agents/brokers who would love to bring along a new agent to grow their agency. To find an independent agent in your area go to to IIABA website: www.iiaba.net/na/default?ContentPreference=NA&ActiveTab=NA&ActiveState=0#SlideFrame_2

www.lowcostaffordableinsurance.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

volga in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

75 months ago

insurance career in your PJs in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I am willing to recruit and train you. I started on my own less than 3 yrs ago and now run my own agency, work out of my home, sell over the phone, I am a trued broker that represents all the carriers.

its easy to get started if you a a quick study!

hello, can you please name the companies that you sell for? and what kind of product do you sell, thanks, volga.

chris

75 months ago

Marild in Culver City, California said: I tried working for as a captive agent for about a year and stopped because the competition was so rough. I felt very limited with working with one insurance company (ie. complaints about high rates). Plus, my district manager really didn't guide me on sales techniques. So for the last year I have been searching for the right company. I want to go independent but I feel I need some guidance in this area. I wish there was some company that offer training in insurance sales but from what I hear it is something you have to do by just jumping in. I agree insurance is really hard work and I am willing to do it.[/Q
i am working as a health club gm making 56k/yr. not very enjoyable but pays the bills. i owned my own business 20 years before that, i sold bait and tackle, and had a convenience store and the bldg that i owned. i cashed out in '05 and did very well. i have a very good friend who is
an american family distict manager in ohio, were i live. we are in talks about me becoming an agent. i have seen many comments on the web good and bad about amfam. i also think a good way to start in insurance is captive. anyone out there want to give me some input.
thanx

gary in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

chris said:

American Family is a good company, but you are going to run into the same issue as you mention before about competition. I think you need to talk with some independent agents in your area to get other view points.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susan Nickerson in Plantation, Florida

75 months ago

Chris in Orlando, Florida said: total commission
the broker is in another state.....i will be working from home

Chris,
We're an indpendent agency, with access to nearly every market out there. Are you selling personal lines? You may want to weigh your options before signing with an agency that doesn't offer a lot of carrier options. I'd be happy to discuss it further with you and explain our current opportunities. You can reach me at Setnor Byer Insurance & Risk - susann@setnorbyer.com. Thanks.

75 months ago

when you are independent,m do you have to e&o insurance?How much is it generally

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Slap in Illinois

75 months ago

Kesha Hamilton in Memphis, Tennessee said: Hi,

I have recently signed up with UIWIN - they are an IMO providing various lines of insurance such as life, health, med. supps, etc. Current companies they carry are American Community, Golden Rule, Assurant, AIG, Banner Life, WC Life, Old Mutual & Foresters to name a few. They have a unique compensation structure that allows agents to earn income 6 different ways with street level commissions. This system is designed to help 'average' agents to earn a significant income through the use of leverage. Feel free to contact me and I'll provide additional information for review and show you the numerous benefits of coming aboard. I'm looking to add agents that conduct their business with integrity, honesty and are results oriented. Should you decide to join the team, I will provide all the support you need. I look forward to hearing from those agents who are interested, I believe you'll find it very interesting. Contact me at:

matth@hamiltoncom.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Slap...

What about leads? You could've the best product in the world but it means nothing if you cannot discuss it with people. What do you have beside cold calling, door to door, business to business, etc. All three ways aren't working anymore!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

Jay in Westland, Michigan said: Slap...

What about leads? You could've the best product in the world but it means nothing if you cannot discuss it with people. What do you have beside cold calling, door to door, business to business, etc. All three ways aren't working anymore!

----------------------------------------

Everyone in insurance needs to be reading about SEO (search engine optimization) and getting ranked on Google when people search for insurance. That's the way alot of people search for insurance today and that trend is not going away.

For my best search term my website is # 1 or # 2 on page one of google (it varies day to day). I receive traffic every day - in other words FREE leads from people seeking insurance quotes. They come to me. My website probably has 50 keyword/phrases that are on page 1 of google.

I've never worked as a consultant and charged to teach someone SEO but I am open to it if anyone is interested. You would have to be located in a state different from me however so we are not competing.
www.choicearizona.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Slap in Illinois

75 months ago

UIWIN doesn't provide leads, but can direct you to various effective lead sources {approx. $9/lead}. They opt to provide higher commissions to the agents as opposed to taking that money out for lead costs. Keep in mind that leads are great, but not the 'end-all-be-all'........... referrals are a big part of generating potential prospects.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Erskine in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

insurance career in your PJs in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I am willing to recruit and train you. I started on my own less than 3 yrs ago and now run my own agency, work out of my home, sell over the phone, I am a trued broker that represents all the carriers.

its easy to get started if you a a quick study!

What type of insurance do you sell? How did you get started working out of your home? Did it take a long time to get established? I am trying to change from a career in social work (MSW) to insurance sales, maybe medicare insurance sales?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erskine in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Termchoice in Newbury Park, California said: I work from home selling life insurance making use of the internet and phone.I am very please to share the details if you send me an email with you phone number.
termchoice@aol.com

I would like to obtain information regarding your insurance selling methods. Phone number not allowed in the email according to this site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Slap in Illinois

74 months ago

Erskine in Chicago, Illinois said: I am new to insurance and is currently studying for my license. What is UIWIN? IMO?

Erskine-

Shoot me an email and I'll give you the information you're asking for.

matth@hamiltoncom.net

Thx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom Coleman in Statesboro, Georgia

74 months ago

A lot of good info here.

Seems most are talking about the ALISS system. Excellent system to sell underwritten products with. It may take up to 4 to 8 weeks to get issued and paid on underwritten plans.

We market Simple Issue Whole Life - referred to as Final Expense sometimes. If clients are insurable - they are issued in less than a week - most time it's 2 or 3 days. We get paid every Friday or sooner.

We sell 100% phone only! Never leave home! Work from Mars if you have a phone connection . . .

If you presently don't have an insurance license - email me.

If you do and are willing to commit to one company - email me.

Will you make $100k a year? Not at first - but you could in less than a year. I can have you making $1k a week in 3 months!

Information send email to - indeed@insura-choice.com

Tom

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Mesa, Arizona

74 months ago

Has anyone heard of Superior Access before?

I signed up today b/c for $100 per month I can write through more carriers through them. I keep my initial commission and most of the renewal. They keep all bonuses. But I figured having extra carriers to write through if my main ones fail me is better than losing the business.

Just curious if anyone has heard of them.

www.lowcostaffordableinsurance.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Coleman in Statesboro, Georgia

74 months ago

Gary,

I feel your pain. Losing business sucks.

I only work with two carriers in Final Expense and they never fail me.

I say do whatever works. If it's Superior Access - so be it. Just run with the ball and close the sales.

Have fun!

Tom

IndependentAgentAdvantage in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

74 months ago

Chris in Orlando, Florida said: ok

thanks

how do you become totally independent?

Contact us anytime, Chris

IndependentAgentAdvantage in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

74 months ago

Marild in Culver City, California said: I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT HOW YOU DO THIS. I HAVE TWO LICENSES BUT AM LOOKING AT OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK FROM HOME AND BE INDEPENDENT.

Please contact us for more information.

Gary in Mesa, Arizona

74 months ago

IndependentAgentAdvantage in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Please contact us for more information.

You do not mention which two licenses you carry. Also, are you in the insurance business currently? If so, what products are you selling mostly?

74 months ago

Gary in Mesa, Arizona said: You do not mention which two licenses you carry. Also, are you in the insurance business currently? If so, what products are you selling mostly?

I have P & C and L & H and close to signing with a GA. Right now I am looking at other agencies that can offer the most in all areas including training, support, leads, etc. I have found most agents, especially ones in CA, don't offer any help due to competition.

Slap in Illinois

74 months ago

Marild in Culver City, California said: I have P & C and L & H and close to signing with a GA. Right now I am looking at other agencies that can offer the most in all areas including training, support, leads, etc. I have found most agents, especially ones in CA, don't offer any help due to competition.

Marild-

Shoot me an email at matth@hamiltoncom.net and I'll pass along information about the opportunity I have. Many agents like you are joining the organization; with this, their Oct. sales doubled their Sept. sales and significant growth is on the way. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thx.

Gary in Mesa, Arizona

74 months ago

Marild in Culver City, California said: I have P & C and L & H and close to signing with a GA. Right now I am looking at other agencies that can offer the most in all areas including training, support, leads, etc. I have found most agents, especially ones in CA, don't offer any help due to competition.

I left a captive P/C agency after 7+ years and opened my own independent insurance agency. I home office for now. It's been
1 1/2 years and within another 12 months should have replaced my income that I had with the captive carrier.

If you currently work p/c and have a book of business you can contact the reps for carriers in your area to inquire about obtaining your own direct contract. To find out what carriers operate in your area just check out the websites of other independent agents in your area, or visit www.iiaba.com and find your state.

Keep in mind that as an independent, you are 100% commission income and it takes time to replace/build your income. Do you have savings to live on while you build your new business? Hopefully your expenses are low.

If you cannot get direct contracts, many independent agents will let you sell through them for a piece of your commission. You could do that for 2-3 years until you have enough business on the books to break away and open your own agency.

Feel free to contact me with any additional questions: gary@choicearizona.com. www.lowcostaffordableinsurance.com/low_cost_homeowner_insurance.php

74 months ago

What company do you represent?

cruisinman in Statesboro, Georgia

74 months ago

This is Tom.

No disrespect for other posters - but I recommend you focus on one product with one or two companies - max.

Get good at one thing, make some cash and get the closing down to a science. Then - if the amount of money you are making isn't enough - jump to another lily pad if you feel froggy.

Insurance isn't rocket science if you don't make it out to be.

Tom

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

YourInsuranceMentor in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

I have to agree with Tom. Don't start out looking to dabble with Life, trying to dabble with Medicare Advantage, trying to dabble with Annuities. You will find yourself to be a jack of all trades and a master of none. You want to pick one sector and become successful in that one sector, then look to learn new areas. I wish you the best of luck in your career. If there's anything I can do for you, feel free to e mail me any questions at YourInsuranceMentor@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Mesa, Arizona

74 months ago

I guess you can have one or two companies when selling certain products, but I'd not recommend that for P/C. If you have the wrong two carriers you'll not sell much. Rates go up and down and right now there are quite a few carriers with higher rates. Plus, you have to serve clients who fit the preferred profile versus some who need a non-standard carrier. But I certainly agree that it's best to not be the jack of all trades and try to sell everything, not unless you have a staff under you at least.

Marild, please email me again. Sorry if I did not respond before. I may get 50-75 emails a week and (along with a busy phone) some weeks are simply hairy. I probably saved it and set it aside with good intentions to reply. Clients and emergencies get my immediate attention. Sorry about that.

ccinsgroup in North Carolina

74 months ago

I am an independent life and health insurance agent in North Carolina. I am looking for an effective lead source. I have worked with several local IMOs, but the leads generated were quite expensive, sold to other agents and only came in spirts.
I need a lead source I can depend on.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate some imput.

gary in Mesa, Arizona

74 months ago

Are any of you health agents concerned about the possibility of a national health care plan and how that might affect your business?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.