To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every insurance sales representative must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your insurance sales representative expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Mike Hyre in Scottsdale, Arizona

79 months ago

Listening skills
Compassion
The desire to help others

Not many insurance people out there like that though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Martin Paley in Newton, Massachusetts

75 months ago

Are you still hiring in Boston, MA?

If so give me a call.

Martin Paley [Edited by Host]
martinpaley@paleygroup.com

***Message from Host***
Contact info deleted Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile Also please be cautious when sending your information to anyone on the forums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JBF in Huntington Beach, California

70 months ago

Tenacity - As someone told one of my salespeople yesterday, if you spend 75% of your time on the phone, you'll be successful. You have to make those calls every single day without fail. You are going to get kicked in the teeth quite a bit and you are going to go through a bunch of no's to get to the yes.

Consistency - You have to develop a pattern and stick with it. Carve out specific time in the day for specific activities and develop that pattern so it becomes second nature.

Goal Orientation - One of the 7 habits is to begin with the end in mind. If you haven't thought about where you want to be and how you are going to get there, you surely won't arrive. Map out those plans and be comfortable making onfield adjustments.

Best,
Jeff
www.mysafg.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wifeandmomof2 in Keokuk, Iowa

70 months ago

JBF in Huntington Beach, California said: Tenacity - As someone told one of my salespeople yesterday, if you spend 75% of your time on the phone, you'll be successful. You have to make those calls every single day without fail. You are going to get kicked in the teeth quite a bit and you are going to go through a bunch of no's to get to the yes.

Consistency - You have to develop a pattern and stick with it. Carve out specific time in the day for specific activities and develop that pattern so it becomes second nature.

Goal Orientation - One of the 7 habits is to begin with the end in mind. If you haven't thought about where you want to be and how you are going to get there, you surely won't arrive. Map out those plans and be comfortable making onfield adjustments.

Best,
Jeff
www.mysafg.com

Looking to get into insurance, any suggestions on how to go about starting my career??? Who to work for and who not to work for ect???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JBF in Huntington Beach, California

70 months ago

I'm on the wholesale side of the business and I am leading a team that helps distribute a Lincoln Financial product. My experience with Lincoln has been very very positive thus far.

As far as providing advice, I think the best response I can give is that you need to research the different companies that are out there and find the one whose values and philosophies most closely resemble yours.

Different companies are going to work for different people. At the end of the day, you need to be in an organization that meshes with your style and beliefs. That way, work becomes less like work and more like fun. And you know the rule, if you love what you do, it's not work at all. :-)

I hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Victor Logan in Council Bluffs, Iowa

69 months ago

wifeandmomof2 in Keokuk, Iowa said: Looking to get into insurance, any suggestions on how to go about starting my career??? Who to work for and who not to work for ect???

I am looking for agents. I would be more than happy to work with you on your way to starting in this career field.

Victor Logan in Council Bluffs, Iowa

69 months ago

I am looking for agents. I would be more than happy to work with you on your way to starting in this career field.

vjl279@yahoo.com

Dave the Insurance Guy in Tucson, Arizona

65 months ago

persistence is really the only important one... www.insurance-forums.net has some discussion of this.

henryjohnson in Washington, District of Columbia

65 months ago

JBF in Huntington Beach, California said: I'm on the wholesale side of the business and I am leading a team that helps distribute a Lincoln Financial product. My experience with Lincoln has been very very positive thus far.

As far as providing advice, I think the best response I can give is that you need to research the different companies that are out there and find the one whose values and philosophies most closely resemble yours.

Different companies are going to work for different people. At the end of the day, you need to be in an organization that meshes with your style and beliefs. That way, work becomes less like work and more like fun. And you know the rule, if you love what you do, it's not work at all. :-)

I hope that helps.

I would to receive your assistance

vjl279 in Council Bluffs, Iowa

65 months ago

I provide leads as well as sales training. Looking for agents that are interested in selling health and Life. Contact me direct at vjl279@yahoo.com.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.