What do you enjoy most about your insurance sales representative career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being an insurance sales representative? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

LaffAgent in Streetsboro, Ohio

88 months ago

Challenging? That's the understatement of the year! :)

Likes: Every day is different. You meet a lot of people and hear a lot of great stories. Make your own schedule. Great income opportunity.

Dislikes: People shun you at cocktail parties. You work a lot of nights. Hard to get started.

Opportunities to advance are unlimited, as is income potential.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Hyre in Scottsdale, Arizona

78 months ago

Love to help provide a safety net for a family if the unthinkable happens and the breadwinner doesn't come home. Every family needs life insurance to protect them We service middle America where 80% of them are severly underinsured. I sleep good at night knowing the good I have done.
Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Solutions For Me in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

75 months ago

The best part of my career is when I have saved my clients at least 50% in what they were originally paying for ONE policy...while giving them so much more protection for them and/or their loved ones.
It is a joy to see the looki on their faces when they see they can get much more protection for half the cost, after I show them the secrets of how NO to be taken advantage of by 'commission-hungry' agents. I do what is right for each client 100% of the time.
I am now recruiting agents across the country and educating them how to save their clients money also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mypolicyquest in West Hollywood, California

74 months ago

Do you believe you are worth more than a 50% commission split and forced to buy your leads? Are you frustrated and looking for a better opportunity. Hello, my name is Erick Whiteside.
I am the CEO of MyPolicyQuest.com, the fastest growing internet portal on the web. I am actively seeking agents. I will teach you a system that generates warm leads that have a high closing ratio. It has taken me years to develop this technique that I will be sharing with you, so If you are a candidate for me, give me a call. Don't worry, I am interested in those that have experience and seek the passion as well as, those with the passion but need a little help. I am licensed in California and I am looking nationally for the right people. Give me a direct call at <Edited by Host: Contact information removed>
Please do not post Contact info or Job opportunities in the forums. If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MommyWifey in Stone Mountain, Georgia

38 months ago

I am a insurance sales rep. Just started actually, but its not so bad. The pay is great, and there are so many nice people to be met. I encourage them that once they take the first steps needed to save money, the rest falls in place. Im with the Insphere Incurance Agency in Atlanta,GA, and I must say that after all the messed up economy bs, everyone needs a light at the end of their tunnel. And I just happen to be one of the many people in Atlanta that tries hard to guarantee that happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gretchen in Haverhill, Massachusetts

12 months ago

I SO agree Mike. After handling Super Storm Sandy homeowner claims, I could not agree more that the economic health and recovery of this country relies more heavily than ever on people having enough insurance.
I would love to get into this side of the personal lines business even more and help people protect their hard earned assets. I come from the P&C side though... Where do I begin? What licenses and designations do I get? Is there a place where I can get information on the best insurance products out there and the companies that carry them?
Any help would be appreciated!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.