European ID school?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

helpmeplease! in Bloomington, Indiana

48 months ago

Hello all!

I'm finishing my undergraduate degree in Environmental Studies this year. Recently, I decided that interior design was the best fit for me and I'd continue on with school. Honestly, the number one thing I want to do in life is restore old European farmhouses, inns, chateaus, etc using sustainable principles...turning them into residences, restaurants, bed & breakfasts and galleries. I've traveled to Europe throughout my life and studied in Spain for 6 months. It's definitely where I'd like to live and work.

So when I began looking for interior design schools, I went straight to Europe. I found one school in Paris and one in Florence. The one in Paris is everything I could hope for, I know I'd feel 100% comfortable and it's very me. However, with the 3 year program, I would be receiving my Bachelors in Interior Design with $60,000 in private loans (unless I somehow receive a lot of scholarship money). The school in Florence, I'd probably still like...but it is not as good as Paris. With this 3 year program, I'd be receiving my Masters in Interior Design and have $30,000 in private loans.

Does anyone have advice on which school would be a better route?? With Paris, there would be more networking opportunities, more design stores, Alumni relations, Parisian design exhibitions and I would like the bigger-sized city. With Florence, it would be a lot cheaper, and I'd be getting my Masters.

Also, do you think it's a good idea to go to school in Europe if I want to work in Europe?? I have a Business Certificate and would like to own my own sustainable renovation type design business one day. Please, any input would be extraordinarily helpful! I actually have to make my decision by this week ahh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.