Getting into Interior Design - Portfolio Suggestions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Interior Design Hopeful in Annandale, Virginia

51 months ago

Hi all, I am currently looking to change careers into interior design. I am coming from a legal background and I have completed both my MBA in 2004 and a MA in Interior Design in 2009. I attended a CIDA accredited school here in the Washington DC area. After taking some time to try and figure out how I will adjust to having to take a paycut, I am now ready to get out of my legal job and into interior design. I have managed to incorporate design into another passion - wedding and event planning - that I am hoping will help make up for the difference in salary that I will inevitably experience. Any advice that anyone could give me for breaking into the interior design profession would be truly appreciated. I am particularly interested in corporate firms (Gensler, Leo A. Daly, etc.) as I would like to work with commercial projects and at some point move into hospitality design. Also, when it comes to portfolios, should I only include projects that were worked on in class, or can I show a range of work? What is the best medium to show the portfolio now - when I graduated in 2009 it was via web. All comments would be truly welcome!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.