HILDA FLACK INTERIORS PALM BEACH GARDENS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

lolachica in West Palm Beach, Florida

73 months ago

This company hires and fires hundreds of people after 1-3 weeks. DO NOT LEAVE A JOB or MOVE to work for her. The labor board was notified recently of this activity, and they told me of numerous reports, they are going to investigate this as well as discrimination. Please be careful. It is a complete and utter mess and the furniture is so tacky, she thinks she is a 'product designer' but she is actually senile. Spare yourself time and trouble, STAY AWAY FROM HILD FLACK INTERIORS......look for a reputable firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

E.TOTTEN in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

71 months ago

lolachica in West Palm Beach, Florida said: This company hires and fires hundreds of people after 1-3 weeks. DO NOT LEAVE A JOB or MOVE to work for her. The labor board was notified recently of this activity, and they told me of numerous reports, they are going to investigate this as well as discrimination. Please be careful. It is a complete and utter mess and the furniture is so tacky, she thinks she is a 'product designer' but she is actually senile. Spare yourself time and trouble, STAY AWAY FROM HILD FLACK INTERIORS......look for a reputable firm.

I FOUND HER AND HER STAFF VERY UNPROFFESIONAL. IT WAS A DISGRACE MEETING THEM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

harbourview in Boston, Massachusetts

69 months ago

NO, WAS NOT ME, HOWEVER, I COULD HAVE WRITTEN IT. SAME FEELINGS HERE ABOUT FLACK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ZANNE in Jacksonville, Florida

68 months ago

I worked for Flack for 2 months. She did not operate the "up" system fairly, giving my "ups" to other sales associates. Basically, had there been enough work around for everyone, that may not have happened. Personally, I liked her, the economy is just not there. From her point of view, I cannot really blame her for keeping her decorators of many years busy, ensuring they had enough work rather than a newcomer who might not stay anyway. I thought all of the decorators were great.
Zanne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Been there done that in Lake Worth, Florida

68 months ago

Not to fret. Word is that she is packing up at this moment and high tailing her stuff to the warehouse. Oh, let me assure you, Zanne, that in times of mass consumption she also hogged the ups for her pets. The only reason any other bodies were there was just to cover the floor in case one of the favorites was out on a call. You didn't miss out on jack.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

67 months ago

ZANNE in Jacksonville, Florida said: I worked for Flack for 2 months. She did not operate the "up" system fairly, giving my "ups" to other sales associates. Basically, had there been enough work around for everyone, that may not have happened. Personally, I liked her, the economy is just not there. From her point of view, I cannot really blame her for keeping her decorators of many years busy, ensuring they had enough work rather than a newcomer who might not stay anyway. I thought all of the decorators were great.
Zanne

Then why didn't you stick it out. You must be the only one who thinks that hard core Momma is great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lola Chica in West Palm Beach, Florida

64 months ago

ZANNE in Jacksonville, Florida said: I worked for Flack for 2 months. She did not operate the "up" system fairly, giving my "ups" to other sales associates. Basically, had there been enough work around for everyone, that may not have happened. Personally, I liked her, the economy is just not there. From her point of view, I cannot really blame her for keeping her decorators of many years busy, ensuring they had enough work rather than a newcomer who might not stay anyway. I thought all of the decorators were great.
Zanne

I agree that the staff was nice, but she tells new people how utterly busy it is and pushes them to come on board....when it is your turn UP, she ignores you and gives your sales away. I warn against this, very unfair systems and practices. I am spiteful because she had me relocate...thanks for your response!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Been there done that in Lake Worth, Florida said: Not to fret. Word is that she is packing up at this moment and high tailing her stuff to the warehouse. Oh, let me assure you, Zanne, that in times of mass consumption she also hogged the ups for her pets. The only reason any other bodies were there was just to cover the floor in case one of the favorites was out on a call. You didn't miss out on jack.

I saw her moving to the Downtown at the gardens, I am so upset with the whole thing. I am moving away!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I had a great 10 year career, and this loony woman jacked me up. I am now on Prozac but I know she will suffer someday....Moving on now, can't wait to get going again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

harbourview in Boston, Massachusetts

64 months ago

LOLA, I WAS UNETHICALLY ENTICED TO MOVE A GREAT DISTANCE, ON MY OWN DIME COMPLETELY, AND WAS COMPLETELY DISALLUSIONED. A RETAIL OPERATION, NOT A DESIGN ATELIER. EXTREMELY OVER=CONTROLLED BT HER. ARE YOU SURE SHE IS STAYING IN FLA.? I READ SHE WAS UNDER INVESTIGATION IN FLA. FOR OPERATING A DESIGN BUSINESS WITHOUT HAVING A FLA. LICENSE TO. THEY WERE NOT HAPPY. SORRY IF YOU HAVE TO RELOCATE YOURSELF AGAIN BECAUSE OF HER !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Happy Again in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

64 months ago

Lola Chica in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I had a great 10 year career, and this loony woman jacked me up. I am now on Prozac but I know she will suffer someday....Moving on now, can't wait to get going again!

Lola, I'm sorry for you. I worked there for quite some time and did ok. Got along with everybody but was never one of the "pets" .....and I know Zanne was nice and fun!
I agree it's not always fair ( what is?). Flack's is very stressful and dysfunctional, but it's not worth wasting any time thinking about it or, like some people, taking prozac or xanax. Just relax, be happy ( without the drugs) and trust in Kharma. I have no problem seeing her new store. You only hurt yourself with your anger. Good luck for the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Aprildesigns in Fort Pierce, Florida

63 months ago

I'm new to interior decorating. I retired from the transportation industry and decided to take a course in interior decorating. I love it. I have a good eye for design. My question is this...How do I get some good experience either as an intern for someone or a part time employee? I live in Florida and would love to start my own business just working part time. This is all just for fun. Someone else told me about Hilda Flak and I'm not wanting to go there, but I do need to have someone in the Ft. Pierce/Vero Beach/Port St. Lucie areas take me under their wing so to speak and help me to learn to do this as a profession..even if it is just a hobby for me. I don't expect to make a lot of money. I'd just like to build a nice portfolio of jobs I've either done myself or assisted in. I'm all about making me happy. Thanks for your imput.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sinkorswim in Marietta, Georgia

63 months ago

This is all very interesting...sounds like a terrible design atmosphere!!
I have heard that a few of her previous employees/managers have moved back to Atlanta, Georgia with their own design firm. Does anyone from above know anything about them and if their work ethic is the same as Ms. Flack?

Watchdog

60 months ago

I wasn't fired - I quit! I was the receptionist for 3 weeks and one day, left a note on the desk stating I wouldn't be back, and went to lunch. Hilda has no people skills and no sense of reality. I think she does have some mental problems, but still, that's no excuse to treat her employees so badly. Her employees are there to help her run the company and all she does is abuse them. She truly believes the world revolves around her and her whims. She is a sad, sad lady.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

e totten in Hollywood, Florida

60 months ago

no one likes her thought she was going out of buisness

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

My biggest wish of 2010 is that she pays for what she has done to countless design team members that are trying to make it in the real world. God Bless and Remember, stay away from the Flack!!

harbourvuew in Boston, Massachusetts

60 months ago

HEY, LOLA CHICA. COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE. SOUNDS LIKE, FOR FLORIDA, AT LEAST, "DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD !" HAPPIER 2010.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

watchdog

59 months ago

Karma time. She deserves everything she has coming. I don't know why all her employees didn't just quit. Pretty hard to run a company without employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gene forbes in West Palm Beach, Florida

57 months ago

she is broke ! wait for the bank sale!soon to happen in april.

watchdog

57 months ago

Karma eventually comes back to you.

Lola Chica in Denver, Colorado

57 months ago

I can only hope she doesn't do the hire fire bit with everyone anymore!

watchdog

57 months ago

I wouldn't have believed that if I didn't witness it myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

unbelievable in Toms River, New Jersey

54 months ago

Thanks for the heads up.

botox bandit in Atlanta, Georgia

51 months ago

lolachica in West Palm Beach, Florida said: This company hires and fires hundreds of people after 1-3 weeks. DO NOT LEAVE A JOB or MOVE to work for her. The labor board was notified recently of this activity, and they told me of numerous reports, they are going to investigate this as well as discrimination. Please be careful. It is a complete and utter mess and the furniture is so tacky, she thinks she is a 'product designer' but she is actually senile. Spare yourself time and trouble, STAY AWAY FROM HILD FLACK INTERIORS......look for a reputable firm.

She is moving right where she needs to be in Atlanta GA right next door to Atlanta Medi Spa the two of those women can screw up your house and your face with that Fake Botox that Dr. Debra Atkins sells. Stay away from those girls.

8zz in West Palm Beach, Florida

51 months ago

watchdog said: Karma time. She deserves everything she has coming. I don't know why all her employees didn't just quit. Pretty hard to run a company without employees.

She once said she could run it with just her and Jane!

Watchdog

51 months ago

I recently saw that she was looking for an administrative assistant. That's strange because she no longer has a store here. I can't figure out if she's a narcissist or a sociopath. I just know that she's not capable of empathy. Also wonder what her childhood was like. I've never met anyone like her and hope I never do again.

CTTT in Roswell, Georgia

50 months ago

I hear rumors that she wants to come back to Atlanta, no one will work for her or that Jane that is her pet. She needs to get out of the business, go to the funny farm, No One in ATLANTA likes her or will work for her.

jeanjie a in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

50 months ago

I'm looking for accounting work in the decorating biz.
I don't know her, but I guess it is ludicrous to apply with her.
BTW, I find that most female entrepreneurs are of that "mindset".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rcskat01@charter.net in Weatherford, Texas

48 months ago

I worked for Hilda Flack in the 80's, both in her Roswell and Smyrna GA showrooms. I cannot believe Jane is still with her! Hilda had her 'pets' even back then. They got the BIG jobs without exception. Her showrooms were revolving doors of designers coming and going, some of their own accord, some not. She was always respectful of me however. I was a 'steady' producer, didn't make waves, did a thorough job and got along with everyone. If people got stuck in her cross hairs...watch out! She did fire people on the spot! I always believed she was lonely and I felt sorry for her; her fear of growing old, a parade of personal trainers, a driver (usually her husband) and she seemingly surrounded herself with superficial friends who didn't really care about her. I left on good terms, but would never recommend a designer accept a sales position with Flack's. The Hilda Flack I knew is not an easy person to work for....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Alpharetta, Georgia

44 months ago

I worked with her in the 80's , and she was absolutely wonderful ,very professional ,I really liked her a lot,the only reason I left ,cause I was pregnant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mistyjohnson. in Alpharetta, Georgia

42 months ago

I personally use to work for Hilda Flack Interiors at the Phipps Plaza location years ago and I can tell you that her management staff at that location was the rudest most unprofessional staff ever. The manager there was totally unfair and gave away my commission on sales to one of the "elite designers". Hilda Flack was nice, but her manager was awful. She would also yell at you and tell you off in a very rude way if she was having a bad day. No one wants to work in that kind of environment. It was no surprise to me when that store shut down. I don't miss being treated like a door mat at all!!!!!

Been there Done that in Lake Worth, Florida

39 months ago

Well, in Georgia they used to say about her, "You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl." Oink Oink.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Casey Anthony is looking for a job.....I think Hilda is always looking for another loser.

Watchdog in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

39 months ago

So funny! I can't think of anyone more deserving of this job working for Hilda Flack. I will be happy to write a letter of recommendation. Two sociopaths on the same team. Priceless.

Customer in Boca Raton in Miami, Florida

38 months ago

We just hired Ms Flack to decorate a large house and we found her delightful, professional and not a prozac queen. Her ideas and items in the store are what we were looking for and will help ua create a wonderful retirement home. I notice the notes above are from a few people and we ourselves have suffered at the hands of jealous and vendictive people and find all the comments totally absurd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

movedon in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

38 months ago

Customer in Boca Raton in Miami, Florida said: We just hired Ms Flack to decorate a large house and we found her delightful, professional and not a prozac queen. Her ideas and items in the store are what we were looking for and will help ua create a wonderful retirement home. I notice the notes above are from a few people and we ourselves have suffered at the hands of jealous and vendictive people and find all the comments totally absurd.

I worked for her for many years and never felt the need to post negative comments about her because I'm over it. But I can understand the people that do. Of course she is "delightful" to a customer, that's her income, that has nothing to do with the real person and is very different from how she treats, family and employees. Good luck to you, I hope you won't get disappointed when delivery time comes.

Customer in Boca Raton in Miami, Florida

38 months ago

Thanks for the comments and before we selected the Flack design firm we interviewed a number of people and firms and the designers left us with a feeling of not, either wanting the work or wanted their own ideas to over ride ours, and The Flack firm was the first to come up with what we wanted without prompting from us. Good luck to you also.

38 months ago

I'm sure Mrs. Flack will try to keep you happy, at least if you're working with her directly. She can't say "no" to you, but would to any of her designers working with a client. Also try to buy as much as you can off the floor and don't custom order too much, that way you not only know exactly what you are getting but also can be sure it will be there. Custom orders are very often on "credit hold" at the factory and there is nothing more difficult and embarassing for a designer! You have to ask account payables to please pay open bills, beg with Mr. Kanso, be diplomatic and try to find an excuse for your customer why the piece is not coming in....who, of course, thinks it's the designer's fault for not placing the order, ordered it incorrectly and is simply lying about it. Again chances of that happening are less if Mrs. Flack herself is the designer responsible for your orders...she can't blame anybody else.

38 months ago

To chime in here, I have to say Mrs. Flack is very abusive to her employees. I would not have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it many times. The working environment is depressing. I could not work in an amosphere like that and decided to leave shortly after I arrived. She of course loves her customers but the very people who are supposed to help run her company are annoyances in her mind.

38 months ago

Good for you. I was there 5 years and seen it all, worked often for free ( if you are straight commission you don't get paid for doing days of inventory, play receptionist or help with auctions), the store closing sales, the audits by the IRS.... the financial issues put Mrs. Flack under stress which she took out on the people around her. I had to quit, the job was literally making me sick and I was one of the lucky ones and usually "Sweetie" and "Honey"!!

38 months ago

Watchdog in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida said: To chime in here, I have to say Mrs. Flack is very abusive to her employees. I would not have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it many times. The working environment is depressing. I could not work in an amosphere like that and decided to leave shortly after I arrived. She of course loves her customers but the very people who are supposed to help run her company are annoyances in her mind.

I think I remember you.....going to lunch and leaving the note on the front desk! Kind of funny, but the designers were all very disappointed that you left....because that meant we had to take turns playing receptionist and, if I'm thinking of the right person,we thought you were classy ;-)

38 months ago

Yes, that was me. I felt bad for about 5 minutes but the job was quite disturbing. No one trained me at all - nothing. I consider myself to be professional and am friendly to all. I had many years experience but never saw anything like what I saw at Flack. Being the receptionist, you see and hear things, you know? I wanted to like that job but valued my mental health too much. I knew nothing would ever change so I did what was best for me.

Been there Done that in Lake Worth, Florida

38 months ago

Customer in Boca Raton in Miami, Florida said: We just hired Ms Flack to decorate a large house and we found her delightful, professional and not a prozac queen. Her ideas and items in the store are what we were looking for and will help ua create a wonderful retirement home. I notice the notes above are from a few people and we ourselves have suffered at the hands of jealous and vendictive people and find all the comments totally absurd.

I think that someone who "just hired Mrs. Flack" knows not what they speak of when they say they find "all the comments totally absurd." To pooh ha and call jealous and vindictive what you have never seen or experienced, clairvoyance aside, tells me that you may be infatuated with the ol' glamour puss but certainly have not been around to glean any real understanding. As a practicing designer of more than 40 years, I have two comments to make that I feel you need to hear. One, you say that the designers you interviewed were not interested in your job. In this economy we are interested in EVERY job. It could be that they were just not interested because of the vibes you gave off. Number two you said that the designers told you what they wanted to do, not what you wanted. That is because they were "designing" and trying to educating you along the way with all the skills they have developed. Mrs. F. is just an order taker. Please don't confuse this with design in the future.

Captain Herb in West Palm Beach, Florida

38 months ago

I bought my Hooker from them a few years ago. I enjoy the boudoir look throughout my houseboat when I am down. They said I could not fit a king size headboard but somehow I have one and about 50 pillows on my waterbed. Everything is in white, silver, leopard, and black with lucite and feather accents. It will be published shortly and I intend to give credit where credit is due. Thank you Mrs. Flack for giving this retiree such joy! I think you are a peach (get it, peach, Georgia..)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

If you worked for her, you would think differently! Just saying.

38 months ago

What happened to all of the other comments. Some have been deleted. I think they were not abusive.....they are all true!

nikkileed in Port Angeles, Washington

38 months ago

Have you ever considered the fact that maybe she is looking for a specific talent? Not that she is just firing to be crude but firing because they are of no good to her? Professionals do not want half ass work, they want full on passionate workers with a talent that shows. Im not against what you think and im not for that design industry I'm just sayin this to maybe to get a point out that with professions these days you have to give 200% or you will make it NO WHERE, and that could be the situation here but then again it possiblaly is'nt, we will never know because when you hear from someone bashing a company that just fired them they can expand the truth and we never know the full on truth as if we were watching what happend. We need to keep in mind that when we are bashing something we dont KNOW 100% it does not look good on ourselvs and I advise this for everyone who reads this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

nikkileed in Port Angeles, Washington said: Have you ever considered the fact that maybe she is looking for a specific talent? Not that she is just firing to be crude but firing because they are of no good to her? Professionals do not want half ass work, they want full on passionate workers with a talent that shows. Im not against what you think and im not for that design industry I'm just sayin this to maybe to get a point out that with professions these days you have to give 200% or you will make it NO WHERE, and that could be the situation here but then again it possiblaly is'nt, we will never know because when you hear from someone bashing a company that just fired them they can expand the truth and we never know the full on truth as if we were watching what happend. We need to keep in mind that when we are bashing something we dont KNOW 100% it does not look good on ourselvs and I advise this for everyone who reads this.

Too Funny! You must be really naive or never met Hilda!! You actually make her sound like a perfectionist!! A "professional"?? On the contrary! Didn't you notice that many people who commented here didn't get fired but quit!?!? Watchdog after 1 month, myself after 5 years! I couldn't compensate anymore for the total chaos, lack of organisation and incompetence in that company. Do you know what it's like to never get paid on time, or the wrong amount, to have your boss cancel your complete house installation the day of because she suddenly decides she needs the trucks for herself?? Or try to explain to your client that an item that he paid for in full and that was just waiting to be delivered got sold again by the owner of the company to one of her own clients? How about ordered items to be on hold at the factory while your customer is asking about his delivery because there are unpaid invoices??? Maybe you should keep your advise until you know what you are talking about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nikkilee121 in Tacoma, Washington

38 months ago

I think it is very interesting that u base your life off of this experience. When a professional looks at your reviews on here, it will make u look very unprofessional and many people wknt hire you. Life is full of unfairness and hardass bosses, I have worked for my job for 2 years and I have a boss similar and so does my husband. My point is that by all these rediculouse comments for the world to see makes you look bad. My best advice for you is to delete your pointles posts and get over it. Use your negative experience positively and put yourself out there to do better because at the end of the day we ALL are here on this earth for the same reason...to die in the end, so lose the pesimist attitude and google optamism put a real head on your shoulders and quit waisting your time.
Xoxo nikki
Ps. Your words cant hurt me or phase me your in a whole different state an I likely will never know you so I dont see the point in rash words. Just so you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nikkileed in Port Angeles, Washington

38 months ago

Attitude like that will get you NO WHERE in life I promise. Real people who actually care about how they look in life and the professional world, shrug a bad experience off of their shoulders and move on, that is why you see so many successful people out there in the world. Do you ever wounder why you may not be one of them? Do you every wounder maybe why she treated you like that? Have you ever thought that you attitude in life will affect the way people treat you? Its possible that if you had that attitude while working for her and basically what comes to her mind is that you are waisting her time. Because working for someone you are representing someone, hence the fire and rehire, my husbands boss has gone through over 20 employees for his business in the past year. The reason why, is because all of the workers can not hold up to his expectations, they dont care that he has deadlines, they dont care that he has a reputation to hold, he is a successful man and if you are going to waist his time, you are gone. So yes I practically know what you are talking about with this Flack person who I really dont know. Her so called pets, are dedicated workers that are not waisting her time. Now chosing favorites is not fair; however, as previously stated LIFE IS NOT FAIR GET OVER IT!!!! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.