I need well-priced interior design ideas for a studio in nyc

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Student in NYC in Paris, France

47 months ago

So I recently got a studio and I need interior design ideas. I am looking for that whole modern bachelor pad design.

Oh and there's a classic, red brick fireplace in the middle of the place so I need to work around that, the floors are hardwood and that's pretty much everything lol. if you have any questions let me know.

I am under budget so I can't go and break the whole fireplace and rebuild it!

Thanks a lot for the help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

A Design in Baltimore, Maryland

41 months ago

Student in NYC,

Congrats on your new home! Since you are on a budget and a fan of modern design I would suggest Ikea as a go-to place for everything from furniture to window treatments and everything in between. If space is not abundant in your new pad make sure you choose furniture that isn't too big (Ikea is great for this as well). Regarding your fireplace, if you are not a fan of the red brick, paint is always an option. If you choose that route make sure when purchasing the paint that you choose a paint that can with stand the heat of your fireplace.

Hope this helps!
A Design, Maryland

Amanda in Omaha, Nebraska

35 months ago

When I think bachelor pad, I instantly think leather chairs, pool table, and lots of unique, funky furniture and art. I suggest searching online for some local furniture/decor stores. Sometimes the smallest or most out of place stores are where you find great things. And (usually) cheaper too. Most importantly, buy furniture that you love and make it your own.
Paint color can change what the room says. Again, go with something you will enjoy. And if you don't like it, you can always change it whenever.
I hope I helped some and congrats on the new place! Enjoy decorating it :)

uiddesign in Phoenix, Arizona

31 months ago

Fun fun fun---not just the bachelor part but the pad too!!! I think white or light colored chairs with the dark wood floors.... a titch or tartain plaid pillows or throw and a plush,cozy rug. Don't be afraid to put some dark masculine plates mounted on the wall with a faux trophy white head ---west elm!! Thanks and good luck!!! UIDdesign@aol.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.