top cities to pursue degree in design

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

UmbriaG

40 months ago

Hi I am a student currently attending school to become an interior designer and I was wondering if anyone knew of any large cities that were great to start a design career? I've always loved Savannah but with SCAD there I feel the jobs are limited. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Creativity-Passion in Bound Brook, New Jersey

10 months ago

I think New York City, Washington DC or LA have the best schools...all the others are small town university is useless and I'm saying that because the larger the city the more architecture/design building you will have for inspiration. Lets face it most successful creative people in this industry live in a big city!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brianna Walsh in White Plains, New York

2 months ago

Hello UmbriaG,
I came across your post and I may have the perfect opportunity for you. I see you posted this quite some time ago, did you wind up figuring out where to start your career? If not, I have a suggestion that you may not have though of. I am the Franchise Marketer for Decorating Den Interiors. Decorating Den Interiors has been in business for 45 years providing full-service Interior Decorating to thousands of clients all over the US and Canada catering to their style, their lifestyle, and their budget, using any of our hundreds of top brand name vendors. Decorating Den Interiors is growing incredibly fast and with your interest in interior design you may be a perfect candidate to open up your own Decorating Den Franchise. We provide you with training (and certifications), business systems, advertising, and support of every kind to get you up and running and establishing your own successful interior design business. Instead of wasting valuable time starting from the bottom, maybe working retail or for another designer, you may find it worth your investment to purchase a successful franchise that can provide you with any appropriate training while handing you every piece of knowledge and every tool you need to start your own business. If you are looking to establish your career here in NY,or anywhere throughout the US, I believe we could mutually be a great fit. Please feel free to check out our website www.decoratingden.com and look into our franchise information section. I also encourage you to reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns. We're a multi-million dollar company and we've provided hundreds of people with happy and successful careers, and we're always looking for more owners.

Brianna Walsh - Franchise Marketer
Decorating Den Interiors
BriannaWalsh@DecoratingDen.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.