Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

How did you get your start doing investigator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Jason Paige in Poughkeepsie, New York

78 months ago

I was wonder how to start out in Investigation. I have a degree from
John Jay College of Criminal Justice B.A, I was currently in N.Y.C. Police Dept as a Police Officer for 2yrs, I left the department do to family committments. I always wanted to be a detective in the police department, now I am looking to go private. What advice can you give for a person who wants to work in the Criminal Justice field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley Avery in Donalsonville, Georgia

66 months ago

Hi my name is Ashley Avery and i am in college to get my BA in Criminal Justice. Law as always had my eye, but i really don't know what i can really do with my degree. Anyone have any ideas to really help me decide on what i can do with my degree ?

DA0707 in Birmingham, Alabama

59 months ago

In response to the BA in Criminal Justice.........There isn't to must you will be able to do with your degree in law enforcement unless you attend the POST. A degree in criminal justice mean nothing in law enforcement. When and if you finish POST you would still start out as a low ranked officer and have to work your way up.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.