Tips for it auditor interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming it auditor interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Mike Laventure in Brooklyn, New York

84 months ago

Information on the below:

Information Security Mgr.
Information Security Audit Practitioner/Professional
IT Senior Internal Auditor
IT Internal Auditor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

arvind in Cary, North Carolina

84 months ago

Mike Laventure in Brooklyn, New York said: Information on the below:

Information Security Mgr.
Information Security Audit Practitioner/Professional
IT Senior Internal Auditor
IT Internal Auditor

Hi,
Please send an email to me and I can discuss with you some interview questions and tips...

Thanks
Arvind

arvindg79@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Saleh in Muscat, Oman

39 months ago

hi
I have an IT interview in a bank soon and i also would like to know what kind of questions i will face.

I am an Information systems graudate with exelant programing background and good networking skills. Buti have no IT working expieriece.

My experience is in Credit administration in Bank with very good baning expierience and knowledge.

My email is: king_khitamy@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Phillyfan45 in Mesa, Arizona

36 months ago

If I were you, I'd join ISACA.org and research heavily in all the different aspects of IT Auditing. There are behavioral mehodologies you'll need to familiar yourself with, such as understanding and maintaining independence while you're working, knowledge of IT Audit project compoments (similar to Project Management), understanding different types of controls and what they're intended to manage (Detective, Preventative, Inherent, etc...). Heavy security conceptual knowledge is also important, as well as Disaster Recovery and why controls are necessary there as well.

Other options, I would try to get my hands on some CISA Certification test prep guides, which can lay these out in better detail. ISACA has some of these as well, but if you don't wish to join, you can go there and research IT Structures and how they relate to CoBIT (should that be a potential are of futher interest). You can pull down CoBIT mappings they have and study them as well.

I know this is rather lengthy, but hopefully once you start researching these areas, you'd get an idea of what kind of tech questions you might run across. If you know the potential employer's systems that are being used, that would help you focus more on how they work, as well as how to obtain evidence, such as User ID management, Change Management, Application controls, and security controls. The better you understand the systems being in scope for an audit, the better off you'll be.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

John C. Fielder

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

arvind in Cary, North Carolina

18 months ago

arvind in Cary, North Carolina said: Hi,
Please send an email to me and I can discuss with you some interview questions and tips...

Thanks
Arvind

arvindg79@gmail.com

Hi All,
I am teaching CISSP or CISA or PCI DSS Security certification courses or Enterprise Security Solutions. Please inform me if you are interested to learn on those areas.

Thanks
Arvind

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.