How long do you wait?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina

92 months ago

Can someone, anyone help me with answers to these questions? If you have interviewed with a company and each time it went well but you never hear from the company, again. How long do you wait to contact any HR rep, after you have had an interview? Is it OK to contact the HR rep or hiring manager, say for example two or three weeks have past and the job is back out online. Or, do you just take that for your answer? One more thing, why are there so many jobs available but NO on is hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IT auditor in Rochester, New York

83 months ago

Dana in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Can someone, anyone help me with answers to these questions? If you have interviewed with a company and each time it went well but you never hear from the company, again. How long do you wait to contact any HR rep, after you have had an interview? Is it OK to contact the HR rep or hiring manager, say for example two or three weeks have past and the job is back out online. Or, do you just take that for your answer? One more thing, why are there so many jobs available but NO on is hiring?

I have experienced the exact same thing; that is, interviewing for a position that I would be a good fit for (IT Auditor) and then I never hear back from the company. It IS VERY Frustrating! I usually do contact the HR person a week AFTER they originally told me they were going to make a decision. Then every 2 or 3 weeks thereafter until I get a real answer. I say this because usually the HR person tells me something like this: "The hiring manager is travelling and hasn't had time to meet with me to go over the results of the interviews" I wish I had a better answer for you, but I actually have the same questions!
All I can say is - hang in there & don't give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.