Roles and Responsibilities of a IT manager

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Creative Consulting Team in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

Effective strategic IT planning and oversight of IT performance. Also:
-Oversee the development and maintenance of the IT strategic plan;

-Approve vendors used by the organization and monitors their financial condition;

-Approve and monitor major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance;

-Coordinate priorities between the IT department and user departments; and

-Review the adequacy and allocation of IT resources in terms of funding, personnel, equipment, and service levels.

Hope this helps?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (93) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Zaw Ye Naung in Cary, North Carolina

65 months ago

Thanks for sharing ... It helpful for me :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Patience in Iceland

39 months ago

Wht are roles of an IT manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nandas in Chennai, India

28 months ago

What is the role of an IT Infrastructure manager and please help me to understand the difference between IT Manager and IT infrastructure manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

RAJESH in Mumbai, India

26 months ago

DID U GET ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION? I M ALSO SEEKING THIS ANSWER, PLS REPLY to rajeshjasani@yahoo.com.

Nandas in Chennai, India said: What is the role of an IT Infrastructure manager and please help me to understand the difference between IT Manager and IT infrastructure manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Surendra in Hyderabad, India

22 months ago

Nandas in Chennai, India said: What is the role of an IT Infrastructure manager and please help me to understand the difference between IT Manager and IT infrastructure manager.

IT manager can handle Both IT Infra and EDP Projects (Like ERP related) but in case of IT infra manager he will handle Wan,Lan and Hardware only .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

job it in Levallois-perret, France

17 months ago

Samirz in Ethiopia said: can someone drop here sort of job description for the IT Manager ?

hi put your it jobs in www.job-it.info, is free

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

h.h in Milpitas, California

11 months ago

hi, you have lots of experience as an IT proefessional ,I have question hope that you answer, I have a+ ,network + and Microsoft m.c.p and Lexmark printer certification in 2013 and i am get ready to receive my M.C.S.E status do you think I am good to get an I T Job?? not too much experience like yoursefl thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EAldama in Phoenix, Arizona

11 months ago

Check out the post from Creating Consulting Team above. It outlines some of the expectations.

You have plenty of certs for now. As quickly as you can, get into a starting IT position anywhere to gain hands-on experience. You might move up through there or it may be a stepping stone to another organization. You can continue on with your MCES certs while working in the field. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.