Tips for it manager interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming it manager interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Vijay in Marietta, Georgia

68 months ago

I have over 25 yrs experience as IT manager or Director of IT Enterprises. How come I can't seems to find a job. I do have a disability - Polio to be exact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Petrus Kafidi in Windhoek, Namibia

66 months ago

Vijay,
I would like you to please clarify a few issues in order to enable me to make an informed comment/discussion
1. When you apply for jobs, do they shortlist you and call you for interview?
2. If yes, how do the interviews generally go?
3.Are there always a lot of competitors?

There is a whole lot of reasons why one does not get a specific job. But it help to briefly analyze the previous interview that you attended and learn from them. They say, you learn more from a failure that from a success.

Vijay in Marietta, Georgia said: I have over 25 yrs experience as IT manager or Director of IT Enterprises. How come I can't seems to find a job. I do have a disability - Polio to be exact.

Vijay in Marietta, Georgia

66 months ago

I do get phone calls regarding the job, no interview yet as far as the specific job I amm applying for, which's management. But because I'm a hands on manager, I've been on interviews that's less than what I'm really looking for, in terms of management jobs. Those interview went well. I am force to take a lesser job since I cannot get a management job, I do have 5 kids and a wife, so I have to put my family 1st to be a able to put food on the table. My main goal is to find a management job in IT, and the type of management job I'm looking for in IT does not affect my disability, I've done it for over 25 yrs now.

DDohr in Rochester, New York

66 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming it manager interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Do your homework before applying.

Do not use a standard cover letter for all job applications, rather customize and focus your strengths to each position.

Rehearse difficult interview questions so your not blind-sided during the interview. You can find standard interview questions on most job search sites.

Make a list of questions for your perspective new employer and bring them with you.

Look your best at each interview, If you don't own a suit guys, get or borrow one. Thrift stores are a great place to find bargains.

Relax during the interview and be confident.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.