Tips for it project manager interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming it project manager interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Chattanooga, Tennessee

78 months ago

Tips: Anything can come up. Expect the 'typical questions' such as 'Describe yourself in 3 words.', 'Why should we hire you?', etc. Some companies are more educated and will give you scenarios for you to describe how you would handle them. I believe this is more about them finding out your thought processes and do not forget to ask questions...do not assume anything. Change management has been the most frequent topic though not really said so ask questions! Most companies I have interviewed for are going through a cultural and political change. I have been asked in front of people resisting change how I would I convince them I would add value to their team. (Conflict management) One company just wanted to pick my brain. Another interview was a group interview where my 'potential' boss was the 'project manager' who did not have certification or my years of experience. Always have numbers and percentages of how you have added value through your project management and be prepared to back them up. I recommend your resume be a project management one, not just a general 'I have done everything one'. Learn a PM computer tool like MS Project. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hrinmotion in Richmond, British Columbia

61 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jblack in Belleville, Michigan

17 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming it project manager interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

You will find 300 Project Manager Interview Questions here:
www.pmconnection.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=27

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.