subcontract scam out of edmonton alberta

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

screwed over in Lethbridge, Alberta

52 months ago

I havent verifed that this is a scam but duhhhhihave some janitor experience and i saw this ad on kijiji a subcontract in my area!
i got the job with just a phone call and he drove 6 hours just to see me the very next day.
He didnt ask if I was bondable. His brochure was home made. He didnt even ask for a lcense. I took the job for an embarrassingly small amount, and he gave me 12 work orders driving as far as i was willing to go. He gave me the supplies but I bought a stupid business name!
He put me to work right away and I did two stupid stores (in town, thank the lord) and thenI fugured it out.
He somehow landed the contract and put alot of employment starved suckers as myself to work for slaverates! He knows hes not gonna keep in the meantime he makes a huuuuuge profit.
I asked for 400, and he couldnt afford it. So he paid me less than half that cause id agreed to it and picked up his supplies no crime committed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Still stewing... I was oh so excited to go strip floors, I discovered this website, I borrowed a shop vac and dust mop, not supplied, I felt truly bad that I forgot to neutralize the stripper at both stores. Because there was gonna be so much more money... later... and the work was going to be so much less hard if I could just first do these strip wax jobs.
... how did this guy manage to get such a big conract anyway. would it be silly to tell the manager of the store i should tell her she need her floor stripped to neutralize it right!! The other store is being renovated anyway.

On the bright side, i got some experience stripping and waxing floors, and it was a little bit fun. I have a story to tell. To tell the truth I think its a little bit funny. I would feel worse if I drove out of town.
That sucks that I have to go look for a job again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

how do i retract messages

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam I Am in Tucson, Arizona

51 months ago

WTF are you crying about? Because you have to go look for a job again?

Buddy in this business, you will eventually lose every account you get. So get over it already.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.