What do you enjoy most about your job coach career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a job coach? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Lilac in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

87 months ago

What I enjoy most about being a job coach is the non-tangible, daily "rewards" I get from working with my clients. The best job is the job where I can come home at night and feel really good about what I do for a living and what I've helped another person achieve that day. Sometimes, it's just a smile... but a smile can be worth a thousand words.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SRV in Torrance, CA in Rancho Cordova, California

74 months ago

What do I like most about being a job coach? Just about everything. In the 3.5 years I've worked in the field I've encountered just one coworker whom I disliked and but a couple of clients who I truly could not tolerate. The job isn't hard once you get the hang of it and the hours are unbeatable.

Job security, however, is a horse of a different color. Staff is always at risk of losing their job. The rules are written for the benefit of the cients and management has all the power. A job coach can be--and often is--suspended, investigated and ultimately fired for things like hearsay or a feamle client's fabrication of a sexual encounter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.