how to get journeyman electrician license in maryland

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 73 of 73)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

mroth82 in Silver Spring, Maryland

79 months ago

Can I get my journeyman's license with a felony on my record from yr. 2000? Drug possession.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

rltomkinson in Charles Town, West Virginia

79 months ago

In Montgomery County, contact the Department of Permitting Services at:
permittingservices.montgomerycountymd.gov/dpstmpl.asp?url=/main.asp

Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

mroth82 in Silver Spring, Maryland said: Can I get my journeyman's license with a felony on my record from yr. 2000? Drug possession.

In Montgomery County, contact the Department of Permitting Services at:
permittingservices.montgomerycountymd.gov/dpstmpl.asp?url=/main.asp

They will be able to tell you.

Reply - Report abuse

marty in Ruther Glen, Virginia

77 months ago

If you want electrical master prep training from a pro, contact Marty @ www.mselectricaltraining.com

Reply - Report abuse

Rafel G in Alexandria, Virginia

74 months ago

Hello,i am a electrical wiring pre apparentship student @ job corps i would like to join to local 26 DC if any body knows what is the requirement and is that the only way to being jorney man electrician and also how long time it takes me getting electrical engineering @ university after getting jorney man.

Reply - Report abuse

rwynder@*****.*** in Baltimore, Maryland

74 months ago

Rafel G in Alexandria, Virginia said: Hello,i am a electrical wiring pre apparentship student @ job corps i would like to join to local 26 DC if any body knows what is the requirement and is that the only way to being jorney man electrician and also how long time it takes me getting electrical engineering @ university after getting jorney man.

it takes 5yrs.=9000 hrs.@the local.

Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Rafel G in Alexandria, Virginia said: Hello,i am a electrical wiring pre apparentship student @ job corps i would like to join to local 26 DC if any body knows what is the requirement and is that the only way to being jorney man electrician and also how long time it takes me getting electrical engineering @ university after getting jorney man.

look up www.ibewlocal26.org/ for contact information. Apprenticeship is typically five years. Sometimes they give time off on a case by case basis for prior training.

Electrical engineering is totally separate. Nothing you got at Job Corps will be college level. Probably none of the apprenticeship training will apply towards an engineering degree either, but you will have to contact whichever university you plan to attend to find out.

Reply - Report abuse

alfiegrey in Virginia, Florida

73 months ago

Best e-book always help to for your good preparation to electrical exam. I just passed out from this exam. I see www.electricalexamanswers.com is a best e-book.Anybody can pass his exam by read this book very easily.Its contain lots of secret method for quickly achieve this electrical certificate.

Reply - Report abuse

alfiegrey in Virginia, Florida

73 months ago

kola in Baltimore, Maryland said: I have worked as a electrician for 6years now( under supervision of a master electrician) with over 9000 hrs. Where and How can i get my license in the state of maryland?.

Best e-book always help to for your good preparation to electrical exam. I just passed out from this exam. I see www.electricalexamanswers.com is a best e-book.Anybody can pass his exam by read this book very easily.Its contain lots of secret method for quickly achieve this electrical certificate.

Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Alfie grey in Virginia, Florida said: Best e-book always help to for your good preparation to electrical exam. I just passed out from this exam. I see www.electricalexamanswers.com is a best e-book.Anybody can pass his exam by read this book very easily.Its contain lots of secret method for quickly achieve this electrical certificate.

It is very difficult to take this recommendation seriously when it is written this poorly. Did you actualy pass a journeyman electrician exam or just "passed out from this exam"? I might be wrong, but this just screams SPAM to me.

Reply - Report abuse

cwolfe08 in Joppa, Maryland

72 months ago

rltomkinson in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia said: Are you looking to take the test in DC or MD? If MD, what county?

MD

Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

cwolfe08 in Joppa, Maryland said: MD

will take test in md.

Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

any testing tips

Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I used Mike Holt's "Electrician Exam Prep" book for studying prior to every exam I have taken. Now you can get it with DVDs as well - your money, your choice. I passed every exam first time, including Master's exams in WV, VA and DC.

Make sure you check beforehand on what you can take or not take. Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

Marty in Columbia, Maryland

72 months ago

Go to www.mselectricaltraining.com for a Journeyman's exam prep class on May 19, 2012 in Owings Mills, MD

Reply - Report abuse

marty in Richmond, Virginia

70 months ago

Journeyman Exam Prep Class coming May 19, 2012 in Owings Mills, MD . www.mselectricaltraining.com

Reply - Report abuse

bsensenig1002 in Hagerstown, Maryland

69 months ago

I got started learning electricity 13 years ago at a vocational school and I have been working in the field for the past 11 years. So Ive got the experience and can get the documented proof. My question is, do I have to sit for the test or kinda grandfathered in?

Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

bsensenig1002 in Hagerstown, Maryland said: I got started learning electricity 13 years ago at a vocational school and I have been working in the field for the past 11 years. So Ive got the experience and can get the documented proof. My question is, do I have to sit for the test or kinda grandfathered in?

Check with DLLR, but I believe that you will need to sit the exam, unless you already have a license from another jurisdiction that MD will reciprocate.

Reply - Report abuse

bsensenig1002 in Hagerstown, Maryland

69 months ago

rltomkinson in Charles Town, West Virginia said: Check with DLLR, but I believe that you will need to sit the exam, unless you already have a license from another jurisdiction that MD will reciprocate.

I will check into that. Thank you. I will post when I find out for anyone with the same question. Thanks again!

Reply - Report abuse

Eric in La Plata, Maryland

67 months ago

I know this is an old thread but I cant find a place to start a new one.

Here is my question. I have 8 1/2 years experience in the electrical field. I left the field for another career path. I now wish to get back in and get my licence. I cant find any work because its been 12 years since I have been an electrician. I can prove 4 1/2 years experience as an un-licensed commercial electrician. I have a letter from my last company showing 9500 hours. I want my journeyman's in Charles county. Will I get rejected to sit for test because of the length of time out of trade and not working in field? I look at it as once experience always experience. Like collage, someone has not been in 15 years but they can use the experiences.

Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Eric in La Plata, Maryland said: I know this is an old thread but I cant find a place to start a new one.

Here is my question. I have 8 1/2 years experience in the electrical field. I left the field for another career path. I now wish to get back in and get my licence. I cant find any work because its been 12 years since I have been an electrician. I can prove 4 1/2 years experience as an un-licensed commercial electrician. I have a letter from my last company showing 9500 hours. I want my journeyman's in Charles county. Will I get rejected to sit for test because of the length of time out of trade and not working in field? I look at it as once experience always experience. Like collage, someone has not been in 15 years but they can use the experiences.

Eric, check out the Charles County Board of Electrical Examiners at:
www.charlescountymd.gov/commissioners/boards/board-electrical-examiners

Reply - Report abuse

vernon in Suitland, Maryland

66 months ago

john in Rockville, Maryland said: I have worked as a electrician for 5 years for small company under supervision of a master electrician ,i know a lot about electrical work but know my problem is that i don't work anymore for this company and the owner doesn't want to give the letter to take the test to get my license in the state of maryland, i don,t know what can i do............

all you have to do is apply at either saint marys or prince georges county they will use your w-2 state menus as proof of your hour requirement

Reply - Report abuse

vernon in Suitland, Maryland

66 months ago

Eric in La Plata, Maryland said: I know this is an old thread but I cant find a place to start a new one.

Here is my question. I have 8 1/2 years experience in the electrical field. I left the field for another career path. I now wish to get back in and get my licence. I cant find any work because its been 12 years since I have been an electrician . I can prove 4 1/2 years experience as an un-licensed commercial electrician. I have a letter from my last company showing 9500 hours. I want my journeyman's in Charles county. Will I get rejected to sit for test because of the length of time out of trade and not working in field? I look at it as once experience always experience. Like collage, someone has not been in 15 years but they can use the experiences.

no you will not be rejected

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.