Do not apply for a job at the City of Redding

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Tramp in Sacramento, California

37 months ago

The City of Redding will soon be advertising for Lineman positions and any Union Journeyman Lineman will not be happy here at the present time .

The City implemented a contract on IBEW local 1245 members on March 15 2010 and we are currently at impasse or so the City claims and will most likely implement another inferior contract down our throats .

An unfair Labor practice charge was filed with the Public Employee Relations Board by IBEW Local 1245 and the board ruled in our favor and now we are in litigation .

Most of the Journeymen here are ready to drag up but are hanging around only to see if we prevail in litigation .

We are about the lowest paid utility hands in the State of California and they keep wanting more concessions and we say no .

This is the most anti Union town I've ever witnessed and being a Union public employee in the City of Redding Ca . means you are in disfavor of most of the citizens and business owners .

I've worked all over the U.S. and this is truly the worst place I've ever been so heed my warning and don't waste time here .

Sincerely , Tramp .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.