Help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Mike_RGC in Toronto, Ontario

80 months ago

Hi,
I am hoping that some of you may be able to offer me some assistance. My name is Mike and I am a recruiter. I have been contracted by several companies in Canada to find skilled individuals. The people that my clients seek are Linemen as well as Power Centre Control Operators, Electrical Technologists and people in the related Engineering and management roles.

I used to recruit for Truck & Heavy Equipment Mechanics and related Senior Management roles. When I started I knew very little about the market, pay, skills necessary etc. but I learned, and and our company became the largest and best resource in all of Canada for those Mechanics and Managers who wanted to make a career move.

The goal of R G C Staffing Solutions, the company that I am affiliated with now, is to do the same thing in this field and I am very confident that we will. I expect that we will be a great thing for people in your industry.

I am not an expert now though, and would very much appreciate any information that you would be kind enough to share. Are there any associations out there? What schools offer programs? Did your schools offer you placement assistance? Did they have a job board that I might be able to post on? All help is greatly appreciated. Although many of our requirements are in the Canadian north and west, we do have new companies coming on board all of the time. In this tight labour market, requirements change quickly and I would be more than happy to keep you posted about new opportunities as they come available, if you wish.

I look forward to hearing back. Thank you for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mhar2an in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

55 months ago

sir are you hiring linemans?im willing to apply can u send me the details or requirements on how can i apply,im a filipino citizen currently working here in uae as overhead lineman sir,do u have a contact number?email me mhar2an@yahoo.com
thanx and god bless..

tkelleylineman in Baytown, Texas

52 months ago

HEY MIKE, The best trained come from IBEW there are schools all over the US all they teach these young men is how to climb a pole and very littile else.I just left a job with that type of employed guys but it was not good they are hit and miss on ability your best idea is to use true line personal from IBEW for safe work,qaulity work,and time is always a factor on a job of any size

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.