Overseas graduates

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Philip in London, United Kingdom

68 months ago

Are there any probation work placements for overseas graduates in the US? If there are, I would be grateful if someone could forward me the details.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Timmy in Kingston, Jamaica

67 months ago

Hi Phillip,
Am i to understand that you are a Probation Officer in London.Why do you want to work in the US. Would love the opportunity to work in UK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Hello, currently i'm still looking for a job. However I'm passionate about people and the society that we live in. I believe America is a challenging and exciting place in which to study or work in a criminology related area. You'll find UK quite interesting also.

Timmy in Spanish Town, Jamaica

67 months ago

Hi Phillip,
I am sure with such zeal for working with people with the right networking you should be successful soon.remember GOD determine our steps.

67 months ago

Timmy in Spanish Town, Jamaica said: Hi Phillip,
I am sure with such zeal for working with people with the right networking you should be successful soon.remember GOD determine our steps.

Amen praise be to JESUS. And blessings to you man of GOD.

jennifer in Long Beach, California

66 months ago

i'm interested working as a probation officer but don't know how to apply. right now i'm going to school and i'm taking criminal justice classes but i would love to start working as a juvenile probation officer right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

charlene in Manchester, United Kingdom

63 months ago

hello all i have just finished my degree in health and social care and now have a ba but i want to work in a health care setting in jamaica, i know its hard to get a job in jamaica because my dads been there for 4 years and still hasnt found employment, what i really want to do ius be a probation officer over there does anybody have any ideas on how i can get the ball rolling?

sandy in Kingston, Jamaica

63 months ago

Hi Charlene,
My advice to you is to get some experience in the U.K befor coming to Jamaica. Why not apply to become an Assistant Probation Officer then you will be trained in Probation. By doing this you should have a better chance of getting in the Probation Servuces in Jamaica.

Todd in Black Mountain, North Carolina

61 months ago

In the state of North Carolina, you have to be a US Citizen to apply for Criminal Justice Ceritified Positions. This includes Juvenile Court Counselor positions (our version of Juvenile probations) I believe this was a recent change that came about with everything that has happened in the world in the past 8 years. Can't really say how other states would handle this.

chrissy in Kingston, Jamaica

42 months ago

I AM A JAMAICAN WITH A B.A DEGREE IN COUNSELLING, I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A WHILE TO GET A JOB AS A PROBATION OFFICER. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO START

Abby in Kingston, Jamaica

39 months ago

Hi my fellow colleagues i am a Jamaican who holds a B.A in social work i want to work in Canada or the UK but i have no idea of how to get the ball rolling.I am aware of some intern programs foe C
anada but none for the UK please can anyone assist me.

Abby in Kingston, Jamaica

39 months ago

Hi my fellow colleagues i am a Jamaican who holds a B.A in social work i want to work in Canada or the UK but i have no idea of how to get the ball rolling.I am aware of some intern programs foe Canada but none for the UK please can anyone assist me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Camilion4 in Desoto, Texas

33 months ago

Hello folks, I am American/Jamaican living in Texas with a B.A in criminal Justice, The easiest way in to Juv probation is to work as a Juv corrections officer for at least a yr, it will have long hrs and rotating shifts but you will make a lot of money and get a better handle dealing with the juvs courts and children as well as families. They start at $20-25us a hr with semi free health. I worked both adult and juv, The adult you will have to just apply and also do follow up application calls to get a job, you will have to pass a state exam for both and you will also be given a badge but currently we do not arrest or carry guns any more. Pay is $17-22us an hr but you work from home 2-3 days a week and have free health care and a lot of other stuff, you can also easily hold a part time job as you have a lot of free time. UK may be diff but mi love probation in the US start at 7 see 10 people then done on the net or listen to riddim fi di rest of the day then gone by 2 or 3 and that s my day no home visits or court visits all done in office. I can change my days any time and have a nice size office I have long distace on the phone and can call anywhere, They also have FWO or field work positions which are the people who go to the homes and see people, they make a lot more but work more than me also. In 5 yrs if you are below 37 you can go to the feds and make $100US a yr. I did not leave because this is the easist job I have ever had and I can retire in 10 or 20 with enough to build a nice home in jam and live off di rest, good luck most of all prove you want the job call and follow up on your applications,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lnabowa in Johannesburg, South Africa

28 months ago

Camilion4 in Desoto
Hello please if your in Canada please help, am planning to come over there. how is the social work industries and jobs, because am contemplating on going to Canada or Australia. But am more interested in Canada
Please you can also reach me by mail on lnabowa@yahoo.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.