juvenile detentions jobs chicago

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (26)

Ron Brown in Baltimore, Maryland

76 months ago

I am looking to relocate to Chicago and am looking for similar employment in the Juvenile Justice field. I am currently a probation officer for the Maryland Dept. of Juvenile Justice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Erika Willis in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Robert R. Wood in Chicago, Illinois said: Send informatio to my e-mail rrwood55@yahoo.com

My boyfriend is relocating from California to Chicago and is looking for employment as a probation officer. I work in education and I am from California myself so, I have no idea where to start looking. Can you please refer me to any websites or offices where I can get job listings and/or applications? Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Erika Willis
ebwillis@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

trina coleman in Richmond, Virginia

74 months ago

i am looking to relocate to chicago ill, from richmond va. my background is in working with juvenile delinquents in some capacity. i have a bachelors and is currently working on my masters. i also have a criminal justice background. can you please direct me to any job sites to assist me please. i would appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jimmy roby in Bartlett, Illinois

72 months ago

Erika Willis in Chicago, Illinois said: My boyfriend is relocating from California to Chicago and is looking for employment as a probation officer. I work in education and I am from California myself so, I have no idea where to start looking. Can you please refer me to any websites or offices where I can get job listings and/or applications? Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Erika Willis
ebwillis@gmail.com

hello Erica i myself live here in chicago and i am trying to get a job in juvenile probation. All i can say is that i its hard as hell no lie especially in the city of chicago. now what you can do is what ever county that you live in go to there web page and see if they have any opening. Good luck I have been turned down 4 times already. im headed to Atlanta Ga next month to try my luck there you can respond back to me at mrroby8980@yahoo.com and i could link yall to some websites

jimmy roby in Bartlett, Illinois

72 months ago

hello Erica i myself live here in chicago and i am trying to get a job in juvenile probation. All i can say is that i its hard as hell no lie especially in the city of chicago. now what you can do is what ever county that you live in go to their web page and see if they have any opening. Good luck I have been turned down 4 times already. im headed to Atlanta Ga next month to try my luck there you can respond back to me at mrroby8980@yahoo.com and i could link yall to some websites

Ron Brown in Falls Church, Virginia

72 months ago

Hi Erica

I currently work in Maryland with the Department of Juvenile Justice. I would love to go to Chicago..I dont understand the difficulty...I you have any luck let me know

Ron

Heather in Annapolis Junction, Maryland

71 months ago

I am looking for work as a juvenile or adult probation officer in maryland. Degree in criminal justice. Internship at Fairfax County, Virginia Probation and Parole office 2 years ago. Anyone know of any openings????

bianca cervantes in Phoenix, Arizona

71 months ago

i need to interview a former Juvenile Probation Officer for my high school report. i want to become this in my future if anyone can help me please send me an email and i will write you back with some questions.

Pooh in Washington, District of Columbia

69 months ago

Ron Brown in Baltimore, Maryland said: I am looking to relocate to Chicago and am looking for similar employment in the Juvenile Justice field. I am currently a probation officer for the Maryland Dept. of Juvenile Justice.

I wanted to know how did you became a juvenile pobation officer for maryland? I have been looking for months and still have yet to find anything.

b_richards in Temple Hills, Maryland

63 months ago

Good evening everyone, I'm currently looking for a position with a Probation Office in DC, MD, or VA. If there is any information that will be heplful in my search please send it to my email (brittney6@gmail.com) it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Susan Fields in Bel Air, Maryland

61 months ago

b_richards in Temple Hills, Maryland said: Good evening everyone, I'm currently looking for a position with a Probation Office in DC, MD, or VA. If there is any information that will be heplful in my search please send it to my email (brittney6@gmail.com) it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Maryland Parole and Probation generally posts jobs once a year, holds testing and then interviews. I recently applied for and underwent testing for one of these positions. There were approximately 200 applicants and they were only taking 40 people. Everyone was granted a panel interview. Although I felt I did well in the interview process, my lack of experience in the field, despite having my undergrad degree, probably worked against me. I'm personally having a difficult time breaking into this field. I'm hoping that working in juvenile services may be an easier path. Juvenile Services always has openings somewhere in the state but generally if you're not willing to work anywhere it will be tougher to find placement. Try the Maryland.gov site (if you haven't already) and click on the current job openings link on the right side of the page. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susan Fields in Bel Air, Maryland

61 months ago

Pooh in Washington, District of Columbia said: I wanted to know how did you became a juvenile pobation officer for maryland? I have been looking for months and still have yet to find anything.

I'm having the same difficulty in Maryland. Honestly, I think I've applied for every possible position in the JJ system that's open! It's tough in Maryland right now. I don't know about you, but I just received my degree in Criminal Justice and lack experience in the field. I've been an at-home medical transcriptionist for 16 years so I could be at home with my kids. It appears to me that the State needs always needs most help out in the western part of the state or the Eastern Shore. I won't travel that far if for no other reason gas prices are still rather high! Just so you know you're not the only one having problems. Maybe by now you've found something since I notice your post is several months old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kristine in Annapolis, Maryland

61 months ago

Ron Brown in Baltimore, Maryland said: I am looking to relocate to Chicago and am looking for similar employment in the Juvenile Justice field. I am currently a probation officer for the Maryland Dept. of Juvenile Justice.

I am trying to find my friend a job in the area you are wanting to leave. How do I go about researching opening positions. She has worked as a juvenille probations officer for two years in Oklahoma.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

susan fields in Bel Air, Maryland

61 months ago

Go on to the maryland.gov site and search the Juvenile Services website for job openings.

Gail

60 months ago

Hi! My name is Gail Woods. How are you? I am interested in becoming a juvenile probation officer in Maryland. I currently have a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice. I am having trouble finding information about how to apply for such a position. Can you help me? My email address is GHCW81408@aol.com Thank you!!

Glenda O in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas

58 months ago

Ron, I am looking for a juvenile probation officer job with the juvenile court in maryland. I have my Bachelor's Degree in CJ with a year of Social Work. I have looked at the Maryland web site with no results.Any suggestion?
cheermom@calblelynx.com
thanks
glenda

Glenda O in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas

58 months ago

Glenda O in Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas said: Ron, I am looking for a juvenile probation officer job with the juvenile court in maryland. I have my Bachelor's Degree in CJ with a year of Social Work. I have looked at the Maryland web site with no results.Any suggestion?
cheermom@calblelynx.com
thanks
glenda

sorry cablelynx.com

texasbundy@yahoo.com in Annapolis, Maryland

58 months ago

I have been looking for the same things for my friend but no such luck. Many of the positions are in house. I live in MD and read the jobs in the paper every weekend and this weekend there is a position for a social worker.

Todd in Asheville, North Carolina

58 months ago

Depending on location, you should be checking your state employment, county employment, and court employment websites to see if you can find any openings. I've noticed up North you tend to have to look at county websites alot to find JPO positions. Not sure about Maryland though.

Sally in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

I would not suggest relocating to Chicago unless you enjoy corrupt politicians, unemployment and violent crime. Chicago is not what you think it is!

(brittney6@gmail.com in Satellite Provider

48 months ago

i can help just conversation and relate with me

(brittney6@gmail.com in Satellite Provider

48 months ago

i can help just conversation and relate with me

Brwnbreal@yahoo.com

48 months ago

(brittney6@gmail.com in Satellite Provider said: i can help just conversation and relate with me

hi Btittany any suggestion?

Natalia in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

Hello i am just cerious did you have any luck finding a job here in chicago!

Keep trying in Lithia Springs, Georgia

30 months ago

Hi

jimmy roby in Bartlett, Illinois said: hello Erica i myself live here in chicago and i am trying to get a job in juvenile probation. All i can say is that i its hard as hell no lie especially in the city of chicago. now what you can do is what ever county that you live in go to there web page and see if they have any opening. Good luck I have been turned down 4 times already. im headed to Atlanta Ga next month to try my luck there you can respond back to me at mrroby8980@yahoo.com and i could link yall to some websites
g

Keep trying in Lithia Springs, Georgia

30 months ago

A

Keep trying in Lithia Springs, Georgia said: Hi

g

Atlanta,is having a job fair on the 28th of March. Look on Craigslist under Govt. Very small.list so you wont miss it( Correctional)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.