To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every kennel attendant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your kennel attendant expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

BIKRAM JIT SINGH in Dallas, Texas

81 months ago

1. KENNEL ATTENDANT MUST BE ABLE TO STANDING,

WALKING ,BENDING,STOOPING .2 MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 50 LB EASILY .3 MUST BE EXPERT IN KEEPING PREMISES CLEAN AND DISINFECTED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

must be able to read write and speak and understand properly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

write legibly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every kennel attendant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your kennel attendant expertise?

cleaniless , feeding and watering of animals , must be able to keep the record neatly, must be polite

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

i thing a kennel attendant must have at least the knowledge equal to vety technician Must have full knowledge of diseases in all the animals. must have the knowledge of all the vaccinations . he must have knowledge of all the breeds , their behavior and contolling all animals . how to give medicine to animals . in my opinion the kennel attendant must be a qualefied veterinarian . He must have knowledge of zoonosis . or otherwise the diseases will be communicated to people who come to animal shelters for adopting animals

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

ginaggnon22@yahoo.com in Cranston, Rhode Island

62 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every kennel attendant must have to excel?

i have worked at a kennel in swansea for 4 years u have to be centered, patient very reliable, strong and of course very loving and kind to your boarders. ill tell u its not easy work, everyone thinks ok ill feed the dogs and let them out of their runs three times a day, not happening. theirs meds, certain diets dogs and felines are on, you have to be in excellent shape for cleaning runs three times a day lifting dogs who are disabled for grooming and baths,and getting bruised alot from these dogs can be very big and strong. its not a glamours job like everyone thinks, especially in the winter. prone to pnemonia whichive had twice always wet, cold running hoses in the winter ,chopping ice etc. but you knw i loved it all, just please dont go in thinking you pet the dogs and feed, not happening, and u get attatched to them mine was a boarding and breeding kennnel, always assisted in the births of te breeding dogs very hard and fun tho when u have 36 to 40 pups to tend to still looking tho..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ancsims@yahoo.com in Belton, Texas

60 months ago

i am the team leader over boarding in a pet hospital, we also do cremations. getting attatched to pet that is removed from the premises is much easier than what i do. there is so much more work than anyone thinks, from knowing how to get a boarder to eat to learning how to get a long with a biter. we board sick, healthy and quarantined pets as well as simple baths, medicated and dips along with grounds maintenance, vet. assistance, charges, files and dispensing meds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.