To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every kennel attendant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your kennel attendant expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

BIKRAM JIT SINGH in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

must be able to read write and speak and understand properly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

write legibly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every kennel attendant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your kennel attendant expertise?

cleaniless , feeding and watering of animals , must be able to keep the record neatly, must be polite

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

i thing a kennel attendant must have at least the knowledge equal to vety technician Must have full knowledge of diseases in all the animals. must have the knowledge of all the vaccinations . he must have knowledge of all the breeds , their behavior and contolling all animals . how to give medicine to animals . in my opinion the kennel attendant must be a qualefied veterinarian . He must have knowledge of zoonosis . or otherwise the diseases will be communicated to people who come to animal shelters for adopting animals

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

ginaggnon22@yahoo.com in Cranston, Rhode Island

66 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every kennel attendant must have to excel?

i have worked at a kennel in swansea for 4 years u have to be centered, patient very reliable, strong and of course very loving and kind to your boarders. ill tell u its not easy work, everyone thinks ok ill feed the dogs and let them out of their runs three times a day, not happening. theirs meds, certain diets dogs and felines are on, you have to be in excellent shape for cleaning runs three times a day lifting dogs who are disabled for grooming and baths,and getting bruised alot from these dogs can be very big and strong. its not a glamours job like everyone thinks, especially in the winter. prone to pnemonia whichive had twice always wet, cold running hoses in the winter ,chopping ice etc. but you knw i loved it all, just please dont go in thinking you pet the dogs and feed, not happening, and u get attatched to them mine was a boarding and breeding kennnel, always assisted in the births of te breeding dogs very hard and fun tho when u have 36 to 40 pups to tend to still looking tho..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

ancsims@yahoo.com in Belton, Texas

64 months ago

i am the team leader over boarding in a pet hospital, we also do cremations. getting attatched to pet that is removed from the premises is much easier than what i do. there is so much more work than anyone thinks, from knowing how to get a boarder to eat to learning how to get a long with a biter. we board sick, healthy and quarantined pets as well as simple baths, medicated and dips along with grounds maintenance, vet. assistance, charges, files and dispensing meds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.