Id love to be a kindergarten teacher

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

kristina uhles in Russellville, Kentucky

81 months ago

The only reason id love to be a kindergarten teacher is because i love kids to death there so small and so cute!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn in Warsaw, Indiana

70 months ago

You are on your way with loving the kids, but there is MUCH, MUCH more to teaching than that! Please choose this profession with great care! Look into a classroom and schedule a time to talk to a teacher about their day, their week, their after school hours... it's more than a 40 hour a week job, and you have to love your colleagues as much as the children in your room!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stickler in South Bend, Indiana

66 months ago

kristina uhles in Russellville, Kentucky said: The only reason id love to be a kindergarten teacher is because i love kids to death there so small and so cute!!!!

Kindergarten children are adorable, but here are a couple tips: if you are going to be a teacher use the right words (they're not there) and on an interview don't ever say i love kids and that's why i want to teach, it is assumed that you love kids if you are a teacher!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

25 months ago

anne in Gloucester, Massachusetts said: There are many demands on kindergarten teachers that include continuing professional education, a Masters degree in many states, teacher evaluation processes, and a deep knowledge of developmentally appropriate teaching practice. Your comment about loving kids is very naieve- teaching kindergarten children involves a knowledge of teaching pedagogy, working with a wide range of family circumstances, differentiating instruction for individual needs, and an ability to continually assess the needs of students and move them forward in state and national standards. Unfortunately, teaching kindergarten today is not about play, but more about meeting state mandated benchmarks. Do you think you are ready for this? I have been teaching for 20 years, and yes, I love my students each and every year, but it becomes more difficult every year. Do your research.

Trust me, you still have it EASIER than people in the private sector.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

25 months ago

anne in Gloucester, Massachusetts said: There are many demands on kindergarten teachers that include continuing professional education, a Masters degree in many states, teacher evaluation processes, and a deep knowledge of developmentally appropriate teaching practice. Your comment about loving kids is very naieve- teaching kindergarten children involves a knowledge of teaching pedagogy, working with a wide range of family circumstances, differentiating instruction for individual needs, and an ability to continually assess the needs of students and move them forward in state and national standards. Unfortunately, teaching kindergarten today is not about play, but more about meeting state mandated benchmarks. Do you think you are ready for this? I have been teaching for 20 years, and yes, I love my students each and every year, but it becomes more difficult every year. Do your research.

Let me ask you something Anne, How is the ability to retire comfortably at 55 with a pension make your job so difficult? Quit your whining!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gracek90 in Siemianowice, Poland

11 months ago

Well if you want to be a teacher then maybe you should read about this programs and offer them in the place in which you want to teach (UK). They are really helpful.
mykindergarten.co.uk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gracek90 in Ozimek, Poland

11 months ago

Furthermore you should know that they offer for you also CMS services. Very crucial in education.

Parios in Katowice, Poland

11 months ago

If they are really crucial? You can use it, but they are not necessary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tegers in Katowice, Poland

10 months ago

Maybe not crucial, but helpfull for sure. I would not hestitate to buy it. It is a help for both parents and school.

Parios in Chorzów, Poland

10 months ago

Thanks for information. It is helpful for me.

Gracek90 in Chorzów, Poland

10 months ago

I think that they are crucial. Without them it is much harder to control for example the recrutation system in kindergarten.

Gegers in Czestochowa, Poland

9 months ago

mykindergarten.co.uk have a really interesting offer. I like it to be honest.

Kahs in Katowice, Poland

9 months ago

Indeed. It is very helpfull to be honest.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.