Jobs with children

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Rasema in Clearwater, Florida

40 months ago

I am looking for a job that deals with children. I sought child care, kindergarten, etc...

I only have a high school diploma and am enrolled into college. Can I qualify for any of these jobs named. I would like to work in institution with children. However, I also would like to know if possible what kind of an environment do you work in;do you only work with children?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in North Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

At best, you'll be able to find something in early childcare on the daycare/childcare/preschool side of it as an assistant teacher or teacher since the requirements aren't very high.

In order to be teacher qualified in the daycare/childcare/preschool sector, you usually need to have, at minimum, 60 credit hours (an Associate degree) with at least 6 hours in early childhood education and/or child development. If you don't have that, they may also hire you if you have a CDA. (Go to www.cdacouncil.org/cda.htm to learn more.) In order to be eligible for a CDA, you need to be 18, hold a high school diploma or GED, have 480 hours of experience working with children within the past 5 years, and have 120 clock hours of formal child care education within the past 5 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SES Made Easy Book in New York, New York

40 months ago

As many districts have a layoff policy of “last hired, first fired”. Some administrators want more leeway with their personnel decisions and in Los Angeles; they have successfully lobbied for the repeal of seniority as part of the layoff determination. For new teachers who thought they were embarking on a long-term rewarding career, there is much uncertainty. For teachers who have been committed to educating our future leaders and dedicated the last 10, 15, 20 years to that goal, there are also uncertain times with the attack on seniority. For those committed educators who are determined to stay in the field and have an impact on their students’ lives, Supplemental Education Service(SES) tutoring may hold the solution – small class sizes, individualized learning, and your choice of effective curriculum. SES Made Easy book offers an in-depth guide on how to go about setting up your tutoring company. Visit www.sestutoringbiz.com to read chapter excerpts.

Norgi in Ozimek, Poland

7 months ago

my.kindergarten.co.uk - I really advice to you to read about this.

Tegers in Katowice, Poland

6 months ago

It is quite interesting to be honest. Some of the services offered by them, are good.

Norgi in Chorzów, Poland

6 months ago

It is. Especially the recrutaion system. It saves a lot of troubles in our kindergarten.

Kahs in Czestochowa, Poland

5 months ago

Indeed. I used this recrutation system and it is a good program, to be honest.

Sergand in Polska, Poland

5 months ago

Yes. I also used these services and I personaly think that they are very good.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.