What kind of Education do I need to be a Kindergarten teacher.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

Anna Williamson in Cantil, California

90 months ago

I want to go to school to become a kindergarten teacher but I don't know what kind of education I need to become one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (680) / No (224) Reply - Report abuse

belind ference in Fort Worth, Texas

88 months ago

send any info you have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (136) Reply - Report abuse

Annie in Charleston, South Carolina

81 months ago

Anna Williamson in Cantil, California said: I want to go to school to become a kindergarten teacher but I don't know what kind of education I need to become one.

Have you found what education you need to become one? I would love to be a kindergarten teacher, too. If you have could you email the answer to me at peekapoo325@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (120) Reply - Report abuse

Kristina uhles in Russellville, Kentucky

80 months ago

Well i want to be a Kindergarten teacher to but ya know what people dont always get what they want now do they didnt think so anyway there is also reasons i cant become a kindergarten teacher and that is cause im only 14 in the 9th grade and i dont think im gonna quit school when i turn 16 but i havent made up my mind yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (264) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Seymour, Indiana

79 months ago

i found a lot of my information that i needed at www.teacherdegrees.com/guide/guideid/17.htm. thanks!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (36) Reply - Report abuse

Dallas deakins in Mccleary, Washington

78 months ago

Anna Williamson in Cantil, California said: I want to go to school to become a kindergarten teacher but I don't know what kind of education I need to become one.

i would like to be a kindergarten teacher too but i need to know the type of education i need if you have the answer e mail mer at Dallydoo@comcast.net plz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (48) Reply - Report abuse

Blayke in Timpson, Texas

78 months ago

I would like to be a kindergarten teacher and i know what schools/colleges that i want to go to, but i want to know how much i would make

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

13jackvi in Ottoville, Ohio

71 months ago

I am in the 8th grade, but I am ABSOLUTELY positive I want to be a Kindergarten teacher. I love being around kids that age (from babysitting and all that stuff), but I want to know what I need to know to be the best kindergarten teacher I can be! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Junior40 in Tiffin, Ohio

71 months ago

I am a junior in High School, and am thinking about college. I am positive I want to be a Kindergarten teacher, and I need to know what kinds of education I would need for it. I thank you for any help you can be. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (54) Reply - Report abuse

Senior2010 in Cape Neddick, Maine

64 months ago

I want to be at kindergarden teacher but i dont know what kind of education i need or what is the best school to go to. if you come up with anything email me at Autumndmr@yahoo.com thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

Anyone who is thinking about teaching needs to go to the website for your Department of Education. Then look at the requirements. The basics are probably a Bachelor's Degree in Education (if you're just starting education). There is also the choice of pre-K. You will need to go to your state website to look for those requirements, but those requirements are very quick (months) for pre-K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

anisa

58 months ago

I have a Bachelors Degree in Studio Art, but I am thinking of becoming a kindergarten teacher. Does anyone know if I would have to go back to school for a degree in education? Or are there classes and/or certification that I can take instead?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Asmadik in Irving, Texas

54 months ago

rez in Herndon, Virginia said: Hi resham in Norristown , I read your comment and i may help you , so to know each other more ,plase send me any information you have about your wish to teach and full information about yoursrlf please ,through my email

i have same question as resham in norristown can you help me in same ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

qns college/minor in Brooklyn, New York

50 months ago

Good Day To All,

I'm enrolled in a 4-year senior college, Queens College to be precise. I have been told to pick a minor, can any former teacher please tell me,which minor will help me greatly in becoming a kindergarten teacher in nyc? thanks to all!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

HaleyBree in Deadwood, South Dakota

50 months ago

I'm finishing high school in 2 months and then want to go to school for teaching kindergarten as soon as i graduate. I dont know of any good schools around this area, im not sure what to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

charlene in Indianapolis, Indiana

50 months ago

Kristina uhles in Russellville, Kentucky said: Well i want to be a Kindergarten teacher to but ya know what people dont always get what they want now do they didnt think so anyway there is also reasons i cant become a kindergarten teacher and that is cause im only 14 in the 9th grade and i dont think im gonna quit school when i turn 16 but i havent made up my mind yet.

you gotta big mouth for a little girl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

lolly in Sebastian, Florida

47 months ago

If you want to teach at a private school than you don't need to, but a public school would need you to have a license and I don't know how you get that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Tig in Columbia, South Carolina

46 months ago

Kristina uhles in Russellville, Kentucky said: Well i want to be a Kindergarten teacher to but ya know what people dont always get what they want now do they didnt think so anyway there is also reasons i cant become a kindergarten teacher and that is cause im only 14 in the 9th grade and i dont think im gonna quit school when i turn 16 but i havent made up my mind yet.

You don't need to teach children with an attitude and grammar like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Hello in Westborough, Massachusetts

46 months ago

I just saw your comment from 4 years ago.......So did you ever push to find out the requirements for teaching?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

KIM in Riverside, New Jersey

45 months ago

Does anyone know what degree you need to be a Kindergarten teacher in the State of New Jersey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

44 months ago

Any type of state teacher certification requires at a minimum a Bachelor's Degree - used to be in education, now through alternative education, a Bachelor's and an alternative program.

If you want to teach pre-school, then you need the required courses for state licensing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

kali in Sterling Heights, Michigan

43 months ago

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

lexxii in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

hi i am n 7th greade n i want to be a a teacher for lil kids i get good grades no f of d maby a lil cs budd the rest a n b wadd do i need to become a teacher plz help mhe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

jgjsfkjdsk in Victorville, California

41 months ago

if you want to be a k -5 teacher you need a bachelors degree

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ROCKSALE in Vallejo, California

40 months ago

Maria Su in Jakarta, Indonesia said: Try to take Early Childhood Education in college. Some universities have the subject. The degree you'll be receiving is Diploma of Teaching or Master of Education.

That is actually for preschool teachig not kindergarten,and gies you an associates.You need a bachelors degree and a teaching credential but not earlt childhood education(unless you want to be a preschool teacher).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

papel in San Bernardino, California

38 months ago

babby. in Hoquiam, Washington said: Im in highschool, and i want to be a kindergarten teacher, how many years of college do i need?

you need 4-6 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

ROCKSALE in Concord, California

38 months ago

four years for your bachelors and about a year to get your credential

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

packer girl141 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

37 months ago

goood information i am a freshman in high school looking for a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

packer girl141 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

37 months ago

i am in the 9th grade and i know that i would like to be a kindergarten teacher. iwould like to attend Arosy university in Egan, Mn. but i dont know what degreees in need to complete.. if you have any information please please contact me at kayla5209@gmail.com
i need help... thank you for reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mikewazowwski in Upland, California

36 months ago

dumbass

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

TeachR in Murrieta, California

36 months ago

To be a K teacher, get a four year degree. Don't spend much on it b/c you'll be strapped repaying the loan. Study psychology (lots of students with major problems, learning differences, emotional/neglect/poor life coping and social skills, in your class), child development, English. After the four year school, enroll in a credential program. You can also do this as part of your master's which will bump up your pay a few thousand dollars each year. Four year schools also will have a 5th year credential program option. Investigate loan repayment programs, such as APLE. This will pay a portion of your loan if you work in a low-income area. A teacher, even kinder, has to be a jack of all trades in their subject knowledge (math, history, art, language arts), in order to pass the required tests for credentialing. Do your students a favor, become decent spellers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

analaura in Pasadena, Texas

35 months ago

your retarted!! and your comment really wasnt necessary!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

analaura in Pasadena, Texas

35 months ago

your retarted and your comment really wasnt necessary!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

wilujeng in Kowloon, Hong Kong

34 months ago

hi im 25 years old,i havent get my degree ,my dream was teaching pre school or kindergarden,i am fun with kids and love to be with,please let me know what college shoould i go and how long it will take for me,i really wish i could be a teacher as soon as i could.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

lexxii in Knoxville, Tennessee

34 months ago

lexxii in Chicago, Illinois said: hi i am n 7th greade n i want to be a a teacher for lil kids i get good grades no f of d maby a lil cs budd the rest a n b wadd do i need to become a teacher plz help mhe

omg u spell yur name just like mine ive never met any 1 tht spelled it like tht

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

brat 101 in Salisbury, North Carolina

34 months ago

Yes i am wanting to become a kindergarden teacher as well, I love to be around small children we have always had a conection in some way. I am only 15, but i go to early college, and would like to work my way up to becoming a kindergarden teacher but im not really sure how i should do that can any one help me out on this situation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Ninja in Kokomo, Indiana

34 months ago

bb gurl... in Perth Amboy, New Jersey said: I W0uLd LuVV 2 b3 A maTh TEaChEr....But Am ONly In 8th GRaDe...Is N0t As eaSy AT It S33mS 2 B3 A MaTh TeAcHer.....ThAt Is y My MatH TeaChEr Has WhiTe HaIr caUsE He ThiNkS 2 MuCh...But Am sTilL ThInKinG AbOuT iT...

Advice: If you want to be a teacher, don't give out worksheets, test, or anything for that matter in that form. Your kids will all be crying from a headache ;)The funny thing however, is i am a Math geek as well, i am in the 8th grade but i am doing 9-10th grade math. I am pretty sure i want to be a Math teacher, but not Kindergarten. More like 8th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in ohio in Irvine, California

34 months ago

For teaching k. Its cheaper if you go to commuinty college for early childhood education. The degree you will get ia associate of applied science degree in early childhood education. After you complete that you'll havr abt 61 credits. You'll also need to get a CDA certificate. Go and look up the requirments. You'll need 120 hrs of formal training and 480 hrs of field experience in early childhood education. After the first 2 years. You'll need to go for 2 more years to complete your bachelor degree. You dont need your master for teaching k. But most states will let you sub or be a teacher aide after you get your associate degree. You can always work or create your own daycare. Anyways goodluck! But pick what school you wanna go to and they will give you what courses you'll need to take.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

sa-butt-a-gwa in Columbus, Georgia

33 months ago

you need to get a life and learn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Sam A in Brampton, Ontario

31 months ago

Annie in Charleston, South Carolina said: Have you found what education you need to become one? I would love to be a kindergarten teacher, too. If you have could you email the answer to me at peekapoo325@comcast.net

umm.... i don't have an answer but could you answer my question..!
"Do you have to go to university if you only want to be a KINDERGARTEN teacher or only college?"

please reply backk... :)
Thank u very much..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Logan in Columbus, Ohio

31 months ago

^^ that above comment that you had posted is a little harry dont you think?? you want to go to work as a teacher in a SCHOOL!!! when you cant even put yourself through school.. i have no kids of my own but i do have plenty little cousins and if i knew that thier teachers were in this mood i dont think that they would be attending school that long at that distrect think before u speek ok =D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

thststhtyuttfh in Columbia, Missouri

30 months ago

julie in East Setauket, New York said: i want to be a kindergarden teacher because i love whatching little kdis and playing with them but how could i start out thats what im having trouble with and i really need some help and you..? theres a few jobs on my mind i just dont know which ones to choose but i know a kindergarden teacher is in my top 4

GO to all of those jobs and stay their for a day.(job shadowing).and see if you still liike it after that maybe that will narrow your choices down for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Gracek90 in Katowice, Poland

10 months ago

mykindergarten.co.uk - What do you think about such services for school in Britain? They offer recrutation system, CMS etc. Do you think that we Should invest in it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gracek90 in Ozimek, Poland

10 months ago

well thanks for reply:P. Anyway I realized that this is a good program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.