What do you enjoy most about your lab assistant career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a lab assistant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

cindymindy in Springfield, Massachusetts

68 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a lab assistant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

I like knowing that I'm doing something important. Important in keeping the public safe. that dedication and honesty plays a big part.
I had lots of opportunities to learn from and help me get where I am today. and yes, sometimes i think the most challenging part, is having to deal with to many cheifs in management.
what keeps me here is i like what i'm doing in helping the public. i know i'm doing something important. I know i'm doing a great job. I'm not afraid to admit when I have madea mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

cindymindy in Springfield, Massachusetts

68 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a lab assistant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

make sure you feel comforable in the lab enviroment. You'll know when you found the right lab to work in .good work. and always want to learn more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

TwentyFourSeven in Oakland, California

67 months ago

Oh..I didn't answer your question. Do I like my job? It's great because like other jobs in the medical field, it has a high level of importance. If I don't maintain accuracy, it may cause a problem in a patient's blood results resulting in misdiagnosis. My job in particular, doesn't involve patient interaction so the only drawback is that the only people I'm dealing with with are my co-workers and specimens alllllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyy longgggggggggggggggggg. I don't recommend it if you need on going patient interaction. If you're an introvert, and don't like dealing with the public, this is the ideal job for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CNH in East Lansing, Michigan

66 months ago

How hard is it to find a job as a lab assistant? Are there certain qualifications that hospitals/labs look for? Currently I'm pursing a bachelors degree in med. tech. and think it would be great work experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ssss. in Calgary, Alberta

55 months ago

any other important drawbacks of being a medical lab assistant ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Annie Melville in Torquay, United Kingdom

15 months ago

CNH in East Lansing, Michigan said: How hard is it to find a job as a lab assistant ? Are there certain qualifications that hospitals/labs look for? Currently I'm pursing a bachelors degree in med. tech. and think it would be great work experience.

Hi CNH, I've just secured a post as a medical lab assistant in the pathology department at a hospital in the uk and I have just left the equivalent of your high school. The fact that you are currently studying for a med. tech. degree will probably give you more than enough experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.