Becoming a Lab Technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Stephanie Adam in Male, Maldives

79 months ago

I would like to find out what I would need to study to become a lab technician and how long it takes... What would the best places to study this be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

JOSE RODRIGUEZ in Greenville, South Carolina

78 months ago

EXPERIENCE IN WASTE WATER,PLATING & OIL AMALYSIS, CURRENTLY I AM MANAGER OF COATING& PLATING IN HOUSTON, TEXAS. IAM PLANNING TO RELOCATE TO SOUTH CAROLINA.I HAVE DEGREE IN CHEMISTRY, MY CURRENT JOB IS IN LONESTARFASTENERS AS A MANAGER OF COATING & PLATING. MY PHONE# IS 864-248-6449 IN SC IN HOUSTON, TX IS 832-472-2232.

THANKS;
SINCERELY; JOSE RODRIGUEZ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DEIDRA PAYNE in Cordele, Georgia

74 months ago

I AM CURRENTLY A MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST AND WOULD DESPERATELY LIKE TO USE MY ANALYTICAL SKILLS IN AN INDUSTRIAL LAB. THERE WAS A TOBACCO PLANT THAT HIRED MED TECHS BUT THE PLANT CLOSED AND RELOCATED. I HAVE RECENTLY APPLIED TO SEVERAL INDUSTRIES IN MY AREA BUT SEEM TO HAVE NO LUCK BECAUSE OF LACK OF EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELDS. I AM CURRENTLY INTERESTED IN A WASTE WATER PLANT AS A LAB TECHNICIAN AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT AVENUES TO TAKE TO BECOME LICENSED IN WASTE WATER MANAGEMENT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shefali in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

I HAVE DONE A MEDICAL LAB TECHNICHIAN COURSE IN INDIA AND NOW I HAVE COME HERE.I NEED TO KNOW WHAT DO I NEED TO STUDY MORE HERE TO GET A JOB AND HOW DO THEY COUNT MY CREDITS HERE???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

100krecruiter in New Haven, Connecticut

67 months ago

If interested please email me your resume to 100krecruiter@gmail.com. Currently I have mutiple lucrative $$$ positions available throughout the country for Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses, Lab Technicians, and Histo Technicians.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FELIX in Accra, Ghana

61 months ago

AM A YOUNG GUY OF 23 YRS AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING AND TRAINNED IN A METTALURGICAL LAB FOR ONE YEAR SIX MONTHS AS A LAB TECHNICIAN. NOW I REALLY WANT TO STICK TO THIS JOB, WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE ON HOW I CAN FURTHER MY EDUCATION ON THIS CARRIER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lorelei in Davis, California

30 months ago

Paul in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: get a BS in chemistry

Get the BS in Chemistry or Biochemistry AND get at least 20 recommendations from your professors and ask around in your lab classes if anyone knows anyone at any lab that's hiring INTERNS. And intern at least 20 hours a week while you're an undergrad and keeping your grades up at straight A's.

The Bachelor's alone won't get it, not in this economy where it seems like "everyone" has a Bachelor's in some kind of basic science field like Biology or Chemistry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.