What is it like to work as a lab tech?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

jmsvs1984 in Flushing, New York

63 months ago

There are many different types of labs that you can work in(medical,forensic, environmental, academic etc). I work for an environmental lab- it could sometimes be stressful, I stand for about 3/4 of the day, do not have to interact with clients but have to work closely with coworkers. The best thing about working in a lab is that usually there is not much variation throughout the day, you learn the tests, you do the tests. The worst thing is not enough money in labs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rcal in San Jose, California

63 months ago

jmsvs1984,
Thanks for posting this information, wondering if you would be willing to answer a few more ?'s. I am currently laid off from a semiconductor co here in Silicon Valley. EDD is offering tuition assistance for re-training in emerging fields. One course that appeals to me is the biotechnology technician course. If I want to persue the funding one requirement is to talk/email to persons currently in the field. Let me know if you are willing.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

rcal in San Jose, California said: jmsvs1984,
Thanks for posting this information, wondering if you would be willing to answer a few more ?'s. I am currently laid off from a semiconductor co here in Silicon Valley. EDD is offering tuition assistance for re-training in emerging fields. One course that appeals to me is the biotechnology technician course. If I want to persue the funding one requirement is to talk/email to persons currently in the field. Let me know if you are willing.
Thanks!

Sure you can email me

rcal in San Jose, California

63 months ago

Thanks, how do I find your email address?
I am at robyncalv@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

rcal in San Jose, California said: Thanks, how do I find your email address?
I am at robyncalv@gmail.com

jmsvs1984@gmail.com

htso16 in San Jose, California

50 months ago

Recently, I would like to get back to biotech field after I was laid off five years ago and working as a teaching assistant in school. Can I email you to learn more about the current field now?,jmsvs1984? I will appreciate your info.
Mine is htso16@gmail.com

Flowery in Anaheim, California

47 months ago

rcal in San Jose, California said: jmsvs1984,
Thanks!

can you pls tell me how can I find biotechnology technician course

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.