Finding Jobs That Will Hire People With a Felony.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1315)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

michelle in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

Dia in Cleveland, Ohio said: I have a boyfriend that is currently serving out his time. He commited his crime last year and has since seen the error of his ways. Both he and I are afraid that when he is released in 3-6 months he won't be able to find a job. He has two felony5 in possesion. We have a son. I wanted to know how can I prevent him from going back into the streets when it will seem like his only option to making money and providing for his family? Who will give him that opportunity that he needed a year ago?

Dia, you might try encouraging your boyfriend to start getting some re-entry help before he gets out. The economy is tough in Ohio but they have access to programs and contacts. He might need to be persistent or take a bite of humble pie but the information & opportunities are there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

millennium in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

try second chance . com, they give felons a2nd chance by hiring them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ronald King in Livonia, Michigan

83 months ago

Michigan, a prison state. I have had a few felonies, and Michigan is one state that is full of crap.Michigan Works,,,,Crap. Michigan Talent bank,,,Crap. The Fidelity Bond program,,,Crap.I personally have several trade skills, just like many of you, and why cant we get jobs??? Our great state of Michigan is programed to make us fail, commit new crimes, get locked up again so our great state can make more money off tax payers. Nothing but a criminal state. Well, i was a tax payer, my families are tax payers and you are a tax payer. So now i ask, what are we as a whole going to do about our lack of work or no work??? The time is now to bond together, unite and take a piece of this American Dream. We start our own companies, do you have a trade???, we all do, stop being scared, we go to school, we get our families together, we get our work vans, our tools, our trailers and lawn mowers, we get are 4x4 trucks and plows, we grab our saw and saw horses and get to work. Lets unite and get it together. We start at the bottom and work to the top. Together as a unit we can win. If you are in the Wayne county area of Michigan, a mother, brother father what ever, contact me, And for those of you who have something smart to say, its a waste of your time, I have dealt with Michigan's baddest of the bad, from John Norman Collins, to Dominic Pecone (Last of the Purple Gang) so to the negative smart mouth, you mean nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

J in Gainesville, Florida

83 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

RIDICULOUS! People make mistakes...and they can change their lives around. Its people like u that make this world what it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

C.T in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

you are just as nieve as most people i am sure you have some dirt in your closet also

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

imyourdiva in Detroit, Michigan

83 months ago

You are an idiot...he who is witout sin cast the first stone...how dare you feel that way...I hope you never serve on a jury because you are ignorant..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Wow, the very thought of this narrow minded jerk serving on a jury is horrifying. It's bad enough that Americans have raised the bar on their sophisticated veiled racism but we have no safeguards against them sitting in judgement on jury panels. This is a serious issue...so readers, just how can we address and start working on filtering out these jerks?? Jury of our 'peers'?? I don't think so. There are already too many innocent men/women serving time and far too many returning to prison because the label 'ex-felon' is just another group being discriminated against in society & the job market. Why is it we have better treatment of dogs and cats in this country; than fellow human beings?

83 months ago

Charlie in Tignall, Georgia said: Well actually the guy has a point in that the only (ONLY, mind you)reason Denny's Restaurant exists is to please that guy - and thousands of others like him. The customer is the reason for any business. Without the customer being happy, the business will not exist for very long and if you advertise that you are hiring felons to work there it WILL turn off some customers.

Since most people in the US are of the same opinion as that fellow, it is possible that Denny's could lose enough business to actually cease to exist. You see there is a very good reason companies are willing to fork over about $25 dollars per employee to do drug tests and criminal background tests. If they don't, they lose assets and they lose customers.

No matter how much you disagree, there are not enough criminal minded people/supporters in the US to operate your own country and keep yourselves alive even if we gave you the western half of the country. You need honest people for your very existence.

To think otherwise is basic anarchy and that idea does not work either.

I under the business world but we have only one planet Earth. People make mistakes. The point is, if you create a penal system which subscribes to the idea of 'paying for your crime' and then make a mockery of that idea by discriminating against the ex-felon then everyone loses. How much more money can we pour into building prisons and how much more are you willing to pay in taxes?? The system is broken and we need to do some brainstorming to repair it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Let me know when you figure it out in Valrico, Florida

83 months ago

Still working at it in Worcester, Pennsylvania said: In this country, there are over one million people with felony records that are not still incarcerated. Included in this numbers are some of the most wealthiest people in the US. Martha Steward just to name one.

Give ex-felons the western half of the US and I beg to differ that it will thrive. Some of us are more educated about running a business than the people who stand up and believe that we can't thrive or work in or at a decent paying position.

I have a bachelors degree, I'm a graduate student studying marketing. In the end, I'll finish my education with an MBA, a Master of Science in Marketing and a bachelors degree in business administration. I'll be more qualified to head a company than most CEO's who run fortune 500/billion dollar companies. Hell, as it stands right now, I have more education than some of the richest men in the US, Bill Gates to name another.

I'm not going to comment on opinions of how worthless or how we should be left in prison because it is just that. My only goal in life is to prove people who think like this how wrong they are.

My felony record will keep me from working in most of these fortune 500/multi-billion dollar companies. That's reality. Nevertheless, my educational level and experiences in life will prove not what I'm missing but only what these companies are missing out on.

Finally, on the topic of discrimination, it has been around for years and will continue to be around for many more years. Nevertheless, it's not the goal to defeat what ignorant people think. It should be the goal to allow them to continue because in the end, it's what's you're worth that counts.

I may not be able to live in a gated community where every house looks the same, but what does it matter if I'm able to afford to buy a million dollar loft over looking the city!

How right you are...I have my BS and am working on MBA. Just need work now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Let me know when you figure it out in Valrico, Florida

83 months ago

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida said: Shelly:
Some companies simply will not hire someone with a felony.
Others, it depends on the type of felony (if it's a violent one, for example.)

However, there may be other possibilities!

Can you tell me what his educational background? What kind of work is he looking for? Does he have experience?

That might help re: ideas as to where to look.

If you know places to look, I would like to know. I will work anywhere, my profession is not an option.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mom in Chino Hills, California

83 months ago

shelly in Providence, Rhode Island said: My boyfriend has been free and clear for 10yrs. and no one will hire him for a job because of his criminal backround, what can he do?

Go to Legal Aid and find out how to get his conviction expundged. As long as he has been a "good boy" - it will be forever "gone" - except if he applies for a secured, bonded or government job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maria Huff in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

I am a 23 year old student. First off I want to say I am shocked to see a site like this in the web. I never knew that this exsisted. When I was 18 years old I did a terrible thing. I was cashing checks for a guy , come to find out this dude was plying me all along. I was so nieve and gullable i believed he would take care of me financially. Now I have a felony of theft on my record. I been on probation for 4 long years. Its hard to find a good job that will accept the fact that I did a terrible crime. I currently just lost my job in which I had been working for 2 and half years. The job switched comapanies and the new company did a background check. Unfortunately I was let go. It hurt me so bad because I had worked so hard for this company, then a new set of management comes in and take my job away. Now I have to start over again. Crazy thing is my probation officer told me there was nothing she can do for me to help me find a new job. I have been able to keep my faith in the LORD and I know he has a BIG BLESSING for me. Every day I do want to regret what I did when I was young and dum but i can't regret this situation. ITS ONLY A MINOR SET BACK. I am going to finish school and get this behind me. All I need to do is stay focused and trust GOD!!! Even though I have had about 3 to 5 interviews with great companies all of them turned me down. ONE DAY SOME EMPLOYER WILL GIVE ME A SECOND CHANCE.
ATTN TO ALL THE DISCOURAGED: Don't let your past keep you from doing what you need to do to survive. Find a way to over come your situation and make the best of it. GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU...
GOD BLESS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alexander black in Flint, Michigan

83 months ago

i look the jobs . because my record on felony

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

domenicoevans@yahoo.com in Columbus, Ohio

83 months ago

Martisa Hunt in Rochester, Michigan said: Hi severeal years ago i was in a domestic violence relationship and i ended up assaulting my assaulter and i
got in trouble for that I have a lot of
work experience in light industrial general labor machine operator assembly
sorting and housekeping supervisor,but
i cant find a job because everyone does
backround checks.I dont think that's
fair if you dont give people a chance
how will you ever know how good of a
worker you passed up.What should i do?

i'm a felon just as you and i went threw that so i went to temp companys showed my work and got hired on so don't give up i had worked 13 job before i got hired on with all the benfits so keep on pushing things will get better.

nay in Columbus, Ohio

83 months ago

you know some people make mistakes in there life time. I really don't think you should feel that way about felonies. no one is perfect. there are some people out there that are
doing things now, that could be a felony charge but just hasn't got caught! Your probably involved with these people but you just don't know what there are doing! people can change. That's what is is all about!

domenicoevans in Columbus, Ohio

83 months ago

captail city personnel will hire felons they give you a chance too prove your self or hang your self so try them out here in columbus address 3090 livingston ave 614-338-8770 todd presley.

Veitch in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

83 months ago

Let me just start by saying welcome to the racial profiling of the 20th centry , where felons like me who have truly changed there life can not get a awsome job , I have truly changed and i have letters of recomendations from tons of well to do people including Police , Fire dept , and other members of my community here in Oklahama City , all to not , they still do me no good , This is so real about the circle of repeat offenders because of the simple fact EOE does not mean anything to an employer anymore I am certified in A+ and have been running my own biz for 3 years now and still can not find a decent full time job , all i want is a chance , And For OFFICE DEPOT who hired me and i passed the drug test and was hired until they did my background check SCREW THEM!!! they just dont know what they lost.If anyone can help me im in the Oklahoma City area and can back up all the things i have said with proof and or numbers of people you can contact who will vouch for me and my qualifications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Profiling is nothing New, the system cares nothing about you! I too was convicted of a crime i did not do and got 10 to 30 years, did my time, got out served 4 years on Parole, released and the story begins.

I've been self-employed since 1994, and is still that way today. Even being self-employed you are Profiled, yes, Profiled by certain employers, if you have a felony they too do not want your Business, mind you now, i am self-employed, have my (ein)Federal id number, insurance and Bond, and still run into Drama with these Fore-father children.

The best thing to do, and this is just my opinion, keep focus on your self-employment goals, it is going to be Hard, but you will be better of, try finding employment with a Temp service to keep the HANKS OFF YOU, this can also leads into permanent employment, Good-luck to you, good luck is the residue of Hard work, work and continue to strive to break those Bars of stagnations!

You have not lost nothing, they lost you, and some companys that hires convicted felons learns the en-richments of Gold that has been Polished.

PEACE!

jj in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

i think your r just, well forget it you are very small minded. it's okay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

val in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

Suzette in Denver, Colorado said: YOU'RE the JERK!

Who are you to judge? First of all I am a 43 year old successful single mother with an associates degree in business. I plead guilty to a forgery felony over 17 years ago..and I can tell you this..I don't know anyone who is the same person today that they were years ago. A felony is a lifetime of unfair judgement and if people are going to be judged as you have judged, you might as well commit a BIG felony because you get treated the same from ignorant people such as yourself! I would bet you have done some bad things in your life? I don't care if certain crimes are labeled felonies..such as mine with 5 years probation vs. a misdemeanor drug charge or a misdemeanor child molestation charge! Which is worse? A first degree forgery FELONY that was petty or would you rather hire a person with a MISDEMEANOR drug or molostation conviction? It is all in how the government labels the crime...some things don't even need to be called felonies! So..thumbs up to Dennys and every other company willing to give people a second chance! As for you, I hope God judges you the same way!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

val in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

Trish said: What a jerk! Are you kidding me I'd rather serve felons and truckers then people like you! You'll eat at a low class place like Denny's and have the nerve to say who should work there, Only people that can afford to work for nothing!!! JERK!!!!!! But I'll bet your one of the guys I served at the "Gentlemens" clubs and got all your money! LOL on you

AMEN

Linda in Mason, Ohio

82 months ago

It's too bad everyone couldn't have live the "Mistake Free" life that you have. The world would definitely be a better place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Butterflykiss2384 in Cranston, Rhode Island

82 months ago

we also have "criminals" serving in our navy. feel any better? No one is perfect, people do make mistakes, and society would be alot better if people weren't so judgemental like you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mr unknown and will say mr private in Indianapolis, Indiana

82 months ago

shelly in Providence, Rhode Island said: My boyfriend has been free and clear for 10yrs. and no one will hire him for a job because of his criminal backround, what can he do?

well tell him to try the truck driving field they told me tyhey will give us excons a chance after 10 years clear and a lot of them require no experience with them giving you the training you need if you have a valid drivers license

Janine in Macedonia, Ohio

82 months ago

you should go to hell!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Yvonne in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

82 months ago

arlenie in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: What you have to do is build your own business, there are many places to start on the internet.

Look for a business you want to work in with the internet there are many business you can start for as little as 10.00 a month, it only takes you doing the work. I dont know anyone who is willing to do the hard work they need that has not been a success.

You just have to find what works for you.

I wish you all much success...

What do I have to do to start a business. Please advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

you first must take that first step, what you like to do, make sure you have a second desire of work, Pray and help that Prayer come into a REALITY!!!!!!!! Good luck is the residue of Hard work, So , good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deshawn in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Yvonne in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: What do I have to do to start a business. Please advise.

What kind business's can you start up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Uncut in Hillsboro, Oregon

82 months ago

Man you are ignorant. Every one has done something in their past, and we regret it. That includes you. Instead of acting a fool, and holding the past over our heads, so that we cant move forward in life. You and employers should do as God says. Forgive and you shall be forgiving......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dawna in Stockton, California

82 months ago

i got released in may of this year. I am despretly looking for any work. i was charged with resident burgaly. Can anyone help me with any places that might either hire or not do backround checks???? PLEASE thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

L in Modesto, California

82 months ago

Not all people who have been convicted of a felony actually are bad. My son made one stupid mistake when he was bored one night and that is supposed to keep him from now doing the right thing! He has busted his ass in odd jobs and already paid off his restitution so nothing nice to say stfu!

Joshua Schroeder in Grand Rapids, Michigan

82 months ago

Look I hate to say this but this a real bad aditude. People make mistakes. If they have payed the debt that they owe then they should be given another chance. Not every one that screws up is going to do it again after a long prision sentence I spent 12 years in texas prisione finishing a 12 year sentence. I have now been out for over 2 years and have done nothing but been a good citisen. Yes I have a hard time finding work but I do work I am not going back to a criminal life. And "IF" you are a Christian Youare supose to be Christ like. Most of the people that God has used through out history are criminals and wrong doers. God and Jesus gave them a second chance don't think you should try the same?

rev t in Gary, Indiana

81 months ago

. being aperson of God i take the tetament judge not less ye be judged, you sir are not without sin with, God forgives so is it safe to say you are greater then God, some make mistakes some bigger then others, im sure if you check your life you will find a skeliton,you dont want them on welfare not all exfelons are druggies and by the way my son will be comming home he is an exfelon,and its people like you that make my grandchildren suffer because you think none of them are worthy he paid his debt,maybe God should not forgive you you are a sinner as well by birth. God Bless you

TIRED OF THE SYSTEM in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PROVIDE A WAY OF LIFE SINCE I WAS IN TROUBLE. HOW CAN THIS WORLD BE SO CRUEL NOT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THINGS HAPPEN IN PEOPLES LIFE AND/ OR TRYING TO DO BETTER. WE ARE JUDGED ALREADY BY OUR CREDIT,AND OTHER THINGS LIKE SKIN COLOR BUT NOW WE HAVE TO HAVE THE FACT THAT WE HAVE HAD A BIT OF TROUBLE IN OUR LIVES IN THE PAST AND IT IS GOING TO DETERMINE THE REST OF OUR LIVES. I SEE EVERYDAY BAD CRIMES, BUT IF YOU DONT LOOK FOR SOMETHING IN THE SAME FIELD WHY NOT GIVE SOME ONE A CHANCE TO BETTER THEMSELVES. I DONT UNDERSTAND THE REASON AND LOGIC WHY THINGS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE IN FLORIDA..OTHER STATES GIVE PEOPLE CHANCES BUT WHAT I AM SUPPOSE TO DO PACK UP MY KID WITH NO MONEY AND TAKE A CHANCE TO GO TO A STATE WITH NO FAMILY TO FIND EMPLOYMENT. IT WILL BE HARD. I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT TAKEN MY OWN LIFE AT TIMES BUT THEN MY SON WILL BE WITHOUT. THIS SYSTEM HAS TO CHANCE. HOW CAN THIS WORLD BE SO CRUEL AND CALL IT SELF A FREE NATION, AND THAT ONE NATION UNDER GOD...WHOS GOD ARE WE REALLY SERVING?

Bernard in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

OUT OF ALL THAT WAS SAID, YOU SHOULD NEVER TALK ABOUT DOING HARM TO SELF! ARE YOU CRAZY? GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE, PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN DECISION RATHER TO HIRE YOU OR NOT, WHETHER IT IS RIGHT OR WRONG, THEY HAVE THAT RIGHT, JUST LIKE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO LIVE OR DIE.

I'VE BEEN SELF-EMPLOYED FOR OVER 16 YEARS AND STILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH A SYSTEM THAT TOOK 10 YEARS OF MY LIFE AWAY, I KNEW I WAS NOT GOING TO GET A FAIR CHANCE, SO I CSTARTED MY OWN, MOW THAT I GOT MY OWN, I STILL HAVE PROBLEMS, LIFE GOES OWN. ONE THING YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK, IT AINT BUT 3 THINGS THAT ARE GARANTEED, TAXES, DEATH, AND TROUBLE, YOU DECIDE OUT OF THE 3 WHICH ONE YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH, TAKE THAT ANGER YOU HAVE AND PUT IT TO USE IN FIGHTING BACK, CREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR SELF, AND NEVER USE EXCUSES TO HOLD YOU BACK, ASHAME OF YOU, WANTING TO TAKE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE NO ONE WANT TO HIRE YOU, HIRE YOURSELF THEN, AND MAKE THEM PAY!

MJ in Los Angeles, California

81 months ago

You are very ignorant. People make mistakes and should be given a second chance. It's people like you who make me sick. You're so quick to judge and have more skeletons than the next man!

Johnny in Ypsilanti, Michigan

81 months ago

Wow,On the Inernet theres help for peolpe like me out there that need help too ,ect

william in Westland, Michigan

81 months ago

You due well to remember are past as a country. No matter what may arise as bad to you is a gain to the other. I am an ex-fellon and I have "yes" been struggling for jobs thoughout michigan. The Prisident election this year one of the canadits Clinton wants to give back jobs to the U.S and I Quote "proverty" Most people in the U.S have and will continue to have problams to climb out of the whole for something they may or may not have done in there past. But this is the present and we live in a world with no feeling or remorse for people like ourselves.Enough people like us willing to take a stand and walk to the white house tell them whats happening will work just have to be determined to do so.We do have to stick togeather. The comment about I wont ever eat there again just shows you the real problam. People like him dont matter what matters is whats to come next.

Thank You

jj in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

hello i think you have the wrong person i agree no person should be judge but this is a new year just be blessed ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

eraserecord in Orlando, Florida

81 months ago

Oscar in orlando FL in Deltona, Florida said: how can i get a good job so me and my kids can have a better life.

I assume that you have a criminal record, i offer a FDLE package for $29.99, that would allow you to delete your criminal history record, legal. email me at eraserecord@bellsouth.net for more information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I know it very difficult getting a job with a criminal history record, which is why, I started "SECOND CHANCE". I sell packages according to States and Laws, that allow a person to delete their criminal history record legal. For more information feel free to contact me at eraserecord@bellsouth.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I know it very difficult getting a job with a criminal history record, which is why, I started "SECOND CHANCE". I sell packages according to States and Laws, that allow a person to delete their criminal history record legal. For more information feel free to contact me at eraserecord@bellsouth.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

on the street with no hope in Hillsdale, Michigan

81 months ago

these people wont let me work i have been out of prison for going on 4 years now. I guess they want us to go back to our old ways. Well i wont i will find some way some how to live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

domenicoevans@yahoo.com in Columbus, Ohio

81 months ago

Dawna in Stockton, California said: i got released in may of this year. I am despretly looking for any work. i was charged with resident burgaly. Can anyone help me with any places that might either hire or not do backround checks???? PLEASE thanks

check out your local temp place

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zarthustra in Los Angeles, California

81 months ago

Irrespective of the comment from Winterville, Georgia, I am amazed of how supportive everyone on this site is of one another. Regardless of what stage you might be now in pulling your life back together, it's always important to see that there are others who have done in the past...meaning if you want to change your life, a path is waiting for you.

Whether or not you're choosing to go the self-employment route (I'm so impressed with those who have!!!), or looking for work in a company, a good first step is making contact with organizations that already have an established network in the community. Sometimes this is difficult because these organizations are usually understaffed and overworked, however the larger your network becomes, the more potential you have to make a connection somewhere, so make sure to keep in touch with an organization of this nature so that you're not wasting time on trying to find resources.

Check out www.hirenetwork.org/resource.html.

There is a listing for each state, with both government and non-profit resources. Some of these agencies assist in job-searching, interviewing, resume skills, etc. while others have a list of agencies that are willing to hire someone with a criminal background, even a violent one. Other organizations even hold job fairs.

I will keep you all in my prayers and just don't give up!!

Mel in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

I can't believe people can be so narrow mined. People make mistakes but they should not be punished for the rest of their lives..you idiot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TeN VA in Madison Heights, Virginia

81 months ago

I too am a single parent with an "unclean" background, in addition I have 7 years of career experience in the field of human services and a bachelor's degree. Since my mistake and serving my time I have not been able to find employment. It is time to take a stand! I refuse to allow what i have gone through to be in vain. Like Paul I have not yet apprehended, however I continue to press foward. With God by my side I have decide to stand up for my right to attain my life, my liberty, and my pursuit toward happiness. This is no longer just a personal problem it is a social issue that needs to be addressed. I read that unemployment gives rise to alcoholism and drug, homelessness and poverty; elder and child abuse; divorce and domestice violence; crime; and even mental illness. All issues that people today work so hard to fight againt but moving at such slow speed to make change because they are not tackling the root of the problem. Please help me and this endeavor. Send me you stories, your advice, your support. Lets help one another. Take a stand. my email mslucy410@yahoo.com

vladamir in New York, New York

81 months ago

hello all does anyone know of a place in nyc where i can get a job? I made a mistake when i was younger and now i can find nothing because of it... i am young finished school and just want to support my family but every where i go i cant get a ob because of it... Sometimes i feel like just offing myself but i don't do it because i have a family... i just want the chance to work again and live normal if anyone can help me i would forever be in your dept

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

any one who suggest doing HARM to self, have already killed themself, how foolish can you be, Quit making excuses and get up and do for yourself.

Quit trying to make people feel SORRY for you, do what you got to do, but Quit the crying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Don in Fort Worth, Texas

81 months ago

taryn in Jenkinsburg, Georgia said: Sir you are a ASS!

You must be an athiest. But God still forgives you for your incompassion. No one sees the light until it happens to them or someone in their family....

Maybe you should have told your parents the truth all those years. Yes we know that you lied more often than you care to admit but yet your parents gave you a second chance GO FIGURE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.