Finding Jobs That Will Hire People With a Felony.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 1363)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

becky in Largo, Florida

108 months ago

Well its not me that has a felony. my boyfriend got laid off on his job and its been now 6mnths and he has not been able to find a job. he has great work expiernce but the company laid everyone off. so he hasnt been able to find a job because everyone does backround check and he has not been in trouble since he was 18. he is now 30 and hasnt been able to get a job and its real stresful. what do they think people are supposed to do.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

MELINDA FROM RI in Providence, Rhode Island

108 months ago

HI, EVERYONE!
I'AM ALSO A VICTIM IN THAT STRUGGLE OF FINDING A JOB. MY CHARGE GOES BACK 4-YEARS WAS MY 1ST CHARGE AND WAS NOT EVEN GIVEN A BREAK I WAS GIVE 5 YRS PROBATION AND HIT OFF AS A FELONY. SINCE THE INCIDENT I HAVE TRIED GOING TO SCHOOL BUT WAS TOLD DUE TO MY RECORD IT WOULD BE VERY HARD TO PLACE ME SO I GOT DISCOURAGED AND JUST DROPPED OUT OF MY COURSE AND DECIDED TO TRY ANOTHER ROUTE AND DECIDED TO TRY THE JOB ROUTE WHICH WAS ALSO A FAILURE.SO I FEEL ALL YOUR PAIN

Reply - Report abuse

anthon c in Cincinnati, Ohio

108 months ago

i guess it is the same all over the world i've beed out for 10years and still have the same jobs tell me,that they can't hire me because they do a back round check.

Reply - Report abuse

bryon in Greenwood Springs, Mississippi

108 months ago

you are an ass.... Remember not everyone is bad... There are a lot of good people such as loan officers who took a risk on all you bad or poor credit borrowers who went bankrupt and couldn't pay their loans back. Unfittuately the loan officers can't claim bankruptcy and run away. They go to jail for your failure to repay the banks. Remember that the next time you need a loan you can't pay back

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

Reply - Report abuse

Iasia in Kingsland, Georgia

108 months ago

How can i get my record exspungement?

Reply - Report abuse

millennium in Cleveland, Ohio

108 months ago

Look in the phone book under lawyers that specialize in expunments

Reply - Report abuse

Jen-Ai Morgan in Fort Worth, Texas

108 months ago

Jen-Ai Morgan in Fort Worth, Texas said: JERK

I should have added that your thought process is a good part of the reason for repeat offenders. YOU are part of the problem.

Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

Once again the annonimity of the internet has brought out the worst in an individual. OK I had some time to calm down and get used to my disgust over that Winterville GA mooron, so now I can focus on the original posters needs.

It's already been said above but your best bet is going to be a small business. I think maybe you should decide on a case by case gut feeling weather you would be willing to reveal the conviction. I'd suggest just leaving that question on an application BLANK. That way you are not innitially rejected based on a "yes" and if you do qualify for a interview - and it's an issue - they will ask in the interview. At that time you can decide how best to answer. This way you will at least be able to be honest. In this imperfect world of imperfect people - odds are that eventually the person hireing will have also done something in their past that they have overcome - weather they were "caught" or not. Ve prepared to take a starting wage below the average and then STICK WITH THE COMPANY THAT TOOK A RISK WITH YOU! At your first review ask for a raise that brings you up to at least 90% of what your position should pay and then at the 1 year mark, ask for the industry standard.
Do not assume that if the supervisor is tollerant of your past that your new coworkers will be as well. Keep that part of your past in the past. Just like here - there are jerks in every group. Good luck.

Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

i believe in telling them before i complete application, "are you are Hiring ex-felon" they are or they are not, dont get caught up in accepting their way, and they dont adjust nor accept your way. ARE YOU HIRING THOSE THAT HAVE A PAST? THIS SHOULD BE YOUR APPROACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POINT BLANK, HOWEVER, YOU HAVE STYLE!

Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in San Antonio, Texas

108 months ago

Deshawn in Los Angeles, California said: Have anyone tried hiring a lawyner to get their record sealed?

I did (felony)and when someone runs a background check....my background is blank.

So can this be done when your still on probation?

Reply - Report abuse

female in Durham, North Carolina

108 months ago

I believe that people with Felonies should be allowed to work somewhere. I would of course be fearful of truly violent criminals. I am witness that a felony can cause true interruption in your life. I would suggest trying to start your own business and see how that works. I have been in business for myself for a few years it is hard work but it can be done. You will find that there are many people that will judge you without knowing the complete facts and thats okay keep believeing that someone will give you a chance and they will. What many law officials and employers fail to realize is that causing so much distress in a persons life leads to more criminal activity. I say that to say those people who truly made a mistake are not given a chance at redemption so they go out and commit other acts to survive. In many ways this takes their self-esteem away and cause them to be embarassed because of their situation. For those having a difficult time believe in yourself and hang in their the road is tough but you have to learn to work the land like a lot of the settlers did. Good luck on this tough journey.

Reply - Report abuse

108 months ago

All that was said by you i agree, except that one Word (embarassed), that is the key word for those who have difficulty in finding work to realize you must create opportunity for yourself. i've been self-employed for 16 years, and it is still difficulty, but i still focus on my determination, which is my Goal TO SUCCEEED!

The system is very prejudice by word of mouth, history show the staggering fact of how this country was Built, by death and robbery, by that same hand judge you for a crime. Look at your President, the worst in modern history, trace that philosophy back to Washington, and you get robbery by deception for gain for those that is known as the Trilateral commission, The Powerful, Rich, AND THE famous.

Again, to those who sit back and wait on a hand out, get up and Quit crying and create for yourself,
, go with that attitude, take odd jobs until your Bank-roll is Strong, and then let them have it.

My mission is to create wealth for myself so i can employ ex-felons, because you are an exfelon doesnt mean you will get a job from me, your Character will say alot, your Priority must be a PROFILE! Educate yourself, learn several work habits, never depend on one thing to do, you must be creative. Just like you planned to do that crime, use that same attitude to do it differently for the Betterment of yourself, .... the system if you know what i mean, and i do not apolgize.

Go to your local Welfare building, ask them for a listing of employers that Hire people with a felony. Do not go on a job without first asking do you hire Felons, same yourself that time, because if you dont, you will be fight back here saying they wont give you a chance,

Reply - Report abuse

TeN VA in Madison Heights, Virginia

108 months ago

WOW great words of encouragement. That was inspiring. Thanks
Do you have an email address at which i could contact you from time to time for advice? I am starting my own business myself.

Reply - Report abuse

Hmoob in Lakeland, Florida

108 months ago

I have my very own home business and it is going just fine. For those who cannot find employment start thinking about starting your own business. Do research and brain storm ideas. Watch " The Big Idea " on CNBC at 10 pm eastern time.

Email me if you want to make a change. m337her@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

millennium in Cleveland, Ohio said: i believe in telling them before i complete application, "are you are Hiring ex-felon" they are or they are not, dont get caught up in accepting their way, and they dont adjust nor accept your way. ARE YOU HIRING THOSE THAT HAVE A PAST? THIS SHOULD BE YOUR APPROACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POINT BLANK, HOWEVER, YOU HAVE STYLE!

Then you are inviting a "NO" before you have had an opportunity to sell your positive points. Sorry if that sounds harsh - I am in sales - you have to sell yourself in an interview.

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

i've been selling for 38 years, and this has nothing to do with your selling, it is about Facts and the reality of knowing you are not going to waste your time. playing Havoc with your own Intelligent is what you suggest, hoping without ASKING.

Pardon me, i know it is very impolite to approach any matter without the proper invitation, but i am in need of some general information and was wondering would you be kind enough to help me, " are you or your company accepting applications from those with a Felony?"

That is all the selling you need! Straight to the POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yOU ARE NOT BEING harsh, thats your Opinion Sir! This is the very reason why i do not job hunt, i create the Hunt for me!!!

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

Jen-Ai Morgan in Fort Worth, Texas said: Then you are inviting a "NO" before you have had an opportunity to sell your positive points. Sorry if that sounds harsh - I am in sales - you have to sell yourself in an interview.

And by the way, EVERYBODY GO TO FEDERAL BONDING PROGRAM.COM. THEY ARE FUNDED TO GET YOU STARTED, TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

shagginabit in Mansfield, Texas

107 months ago

And again, comments like the one who said he'd avoid anywhere criminal are working is why I'm pretty pissed off now. For what it's worth, I'm 27. At 17 I got a class a misdemeanor. (didn't go to prison) Haven't done anything since, and I have two college degrees with very little hope in sight.

Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

107 months ago

Try your local Workforce Center connected with the Dept. of Labor. If anyone can help, they should be able to.

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

Jen-Ai Morgan in Fort Worth, Texas said: Then you are inviting a "NO" before you have had an opportunity to sell your positive points. Sorry if that sounds harsh - I am in sales - you have to sell yourself in an interview.

Are felonies on someone's record forever? I would suggest smaller companies as they probably don't check that kind of thing like the large corporations.

Reply - Report abuse

Deede

107 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

You are so wrong for that comment. You know I have never been in trouble but I think everyone deserves a second chance. We all make mistakes...even you. Just because they made a mistake when they were young does not mean they are bad people now. If they realize they messed up and are trying...who are we to say they can't have a second chance.

Reply - Report abuse

ruforeal in Madison, Wisconsin

107 months ago

what a good person you are probably christian.

Reply - Report abuse

ruforeal in Madison, Wisconsin

107 months ago

Charlie in Tignall, Georgia said: Well actually the guy has a point in that the only (ONLY, mind you)reason Denny's Restaurant exists is to please that guy - and thousands of others like him. The customer is the reason for any business. Without the customer being happy, the business will not exist for very long and if you advertise that you are hiring felons to work there it WILL turn off some customers.

Since most people in the US are of the same opinion as that fellow, it is possible that Denny's could lose enough business to actually cease to exist. You see there is a very good reason companies are willing to fork over about $25 dollars per employee to do drug tests and criminal background tests. If they don't, they lose assets and they lose customers.

No matter how much you disagree, there are not enough criminal minded people/supporters in the US to operate your own country and keep yourselves alive even if we gave you the western half of the country. You need honest people for your very existence.

To think otherwise is basic anarchy and that idea does not work either.

none of that matters the people who run this country and the rest of the world are criminals our country was founded on crime do an hour of research I'll even help you get started watch this video video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173 now take you big ass to barens:-> and noble get a latte, on credit of course and do your damn homework before judging other people for their mistakes. Bigotry is not dead thank you very much for showing us that. Bye the way just because it might be worse (for the convicted) to have a felony on your record a crime is a crime now do the damn speed limit on your way over to the bookstore.

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

ruforeal in Madison, Wisconsin said: none of that matters the people who run this country and the rest of the world are criminals our country was founded on crime do an hour of research I'll even help you get started watch this video video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173 now take you big ass to barens:-> and noble get a latte, on credit of course and do your damn homework before judging other people for their mistakes. Bigotry is not dead thank you very much for showing us that. Bye the way just because it might be worse (for the convicted) to have a felony on your record a crime is a crime now do the damn speed limit on your way over to the bookstore.

u dont have to help his ignorant mantality, notice i said "mantality", and like he said, read your History, and find that this very country was built and is still being built on such Mentality, now you got it Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

HB in Orlando, Florida

107 months ago

To ADA UK in Atlanta and others: PLEASE DON'T FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THESE ADS FOR QUICK PROFITABLE JOBS ON THE INTERNET!!! THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY, CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARDS OVER AND OVER, TAKE YOUR MONEY FROM YOUR BANK, and work on people who are DESPERATE! THESE ARE FRAUD JOBS! Any job that wants you to work from home or do mystery shopping or whatever saying your income can come from home saving you gas, clothing, parking, traffic, and can work in your pj's or comfort clothese just TAKES YOUR money. ALWAYS CHECK WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! If you accidentally did go for this scam, make sure you charged it on your charge card. Tell them after you received just information making you do all the work to get a job, was a scam artist and you WANT ir taken off your credit card NOW with no more charges on your account.

Been there and done that, sadly, but my charge card company went after them and made it right....though it took 6 months and them tape recording me.

Pass this on to your other friends and bloggers and forum friends, please! I want to save you heartache and months of what I went through.

HB

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

ruforeal in Madison, Wisconsin said: what a good person you are probably christian.

I bet they even go to church every week too! And then yell at the other drivers who cut in front of them in the parking lot. LOL!

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

TRUE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

tasha in Arlington, Texas

107 months ago

You really sound like a kid that has never been taught anything about life i bet your a person that commet felonys everyday but dont get caught i can promise you that a person with a felony on their background would work 10 times harder than you ever will get the stick out of your anus and grow up

Reply - Report abuse

kwilliams in New York, New York

107 months ago

ruforeal-Madison,Wisconsin; Millenium-Cleveland,Ohio; Anne- Littleton,Colorado; Tasha,TX:---MR WINTERVILLE,GEORGIA is NOT a CHRISTIAN---far from it!

PLEASE DON'T LABEL THOSE OF US WHO ARE CHRISTIAN WITH THAT PERSON! When you do that you're falling into the same category as people who label YOU a "felon" and not give you a chance.

People are people. Church people can be awfully cruel or really great going to prisons FOR FREE to reach out to ALL felons. Their churches have felons in them (mine does, we don't judge but help). We have inner city ministries that help people get jobs who were alcoholics and/or drug addicts and/or jail for many reasons.

Im a PERSON who wants YOU out of that label. I BELIEVE IN YOU. Your family needs you to prosper. You need it.

"Mr. Winterville", AKA uses other names. Look up under the top of this page "what". Place his name(s)or State(s). Then you "click" on "Find Forums". You will see the one who acts judgemental towards others is the SAME PERSON tearing felons, unemployed, and others down. He's the SAME PERSON as "Charlie from Tignall, Georgia", other aliases or places. Many of us are on to him from other forums.

AGAIN---Look up at the top of this page "what" blank box above. Put the names below in there. "Click" "Find Forums" the name, city, or state: "Senior, Senior Citizen, Tignall, Good information, Guide"---places like Georgia, Florida, Pennsylvania, Louisiana where the person hardly likes anyone who isn't a perfect like him.

Don't waste your time answering him.

Many ex-felons cook in ALL restaurants in New York City and Washington, DC ("National Press Club." for one). Governors HAVE to hire ex-felons in their kitchens. Places that are ministries, who have places where they sell used clothing, furniture, electronics, etc. hire ALL felons the middle class go for second hand things. A start somewhere is a start as you improve yourself in this life. Then you move up the job ladder. You feel confident.

Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

tasha in Arlington, Texas said: You really sound like a kid that has never been taught anything about life i bet your a person that commet felonys everyday but dont get caught i can promise you that a person with a felony on their background would work 10 times harder than you ever will get the stick out of your anus and grow up

For anyone with a felony, I would recommend you directly approach the smaller companies and privately owned ones and directly talk to the hiring person if you can. Tell them your situation. They'll appreciate your honesty.

I've heard the smaller restaurants will often hire people with a felony. You could try churches too. After all, they should really be giving people a 2nd chance as Jesus would. :)

Reply - Report abuse

GirlyfrienD in Brownsburg, Indiana

107 months ago

I have a few bad files on my record (hash, alcohol, and other likewise charges) but I don't consider myself a criminal if I know what is right and what is wrong. I just sometimes choose not to obey those thoughts, because that is just a part of life, and I have accepted that. Also, since my prior 'convictions,' I have settled down and understood that that is not the life for me to live, literally. This record thing is really keeping me back from living life. I am afraid to go anywhere to apply, because I don't want them to look at me as they do worse criminals. Normally it's the people that don't ever learn who will be getting into trouble, but I have learned. Now I don't know what to do. (About a simple job, if the people who are hiring are going to treat people like that) I am actually beginning to think about a business---something that will give me the opportunity to do great things in life :) I know that that sounds cheesy, but I am really opening my eyes to this and I hope others do the same :)

I also just contacted the "Second Chance Employment," Webpage that was disributed by Debbie from Dallas, Texas, and 'Job Search Dolphin,' from Tampa, FL--and couldn't find where to apply for the right job, so I wrote this:

Hi. I am a person in need of a "second chance," I have a criminal record. I am afraid to go and apply anywhere, because I am afraid that the people will discriminate me. I have seen what it does to people, and I do not want that to happen to me. I want to get a job, but I do not know how to locate them specifically on your webpage. I wanted to post a resume, but I could not find where to post it at, or where others were posted, so I decided to contact you. I can provide a phone number in case of a job listing service I should be on, but I would like to speak further about this. I am very interested. Thank you, and I am very proud that you placed this online for others :) Thank You So Much.-- in case anybody wants 2 cntact them 2!

Reply - Report abuse

Barbi in Pekin, Illinois

106 months ago

arlenie in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: well my corporation will hire ya! you can be out of Yale or out of Jail, thank god you dont need any requirements to work for yourself in America.

We have full medical and dental and life Insurance, we even offer bonus from 1,000.00 to 1 Million dollars.

I would have to say if you really want to make it you gotta be willing to do what it takes. If that means starting your own business then you have got to be willing to get up and get going.

Just my own experience.

Where do you work?

Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

106 months ago

GirlyfrienD in Brownsburg, Indiana said: I have a few bad files on my record (hash, alcohol, and other likewise charges) but I don't consider myself a criminal if I know what is right and what is wrong.

Contact your local employment labor board for ideas! If anyone can help, they most certainly would be able to.

Try smaller companies too who don't always do background checks.

Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Rochester, New York

106 months ago

My son made a mistake in his teens and served 1 yr in jail. He got a warehouse job and he has been bullied and humiliated at this job on a daily basis. He is a hard worker and come to find out his "boss"*(the bully) has a record too. He cut down his time in jail by snitching. What a waste of skin this jerk is.

Reply - Report abuse

mz.widetrack in Detroit, Michigan

106 months ago

It's not fare that we as a society look at people for what they did in the past. when GOD ACCEPT AS THROUGH ALL OUR FAULT'S BUT WE CLAIM THAT WE LOVE THE LORD.BUT CAN'T LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND GIVE A SECOND PEOPLE SECOND CHANCE'S

Reply - Report abuse

Don LaCombe in Keller, Texas

106 months ago

Justice demands that we seek and find the stranger, the broken, the prisoner, and comfort them and offer them our help. Here lies the holy compassion of God.

Reply - Report abuse

Me in Sanford, Florida

106 months ago

People make mistakes, things happen for reasons that perfect people like yourself wouldn't understand. I am not in the position that some of these people are in but I would help them all if I could. You have eaten food from restaurants that have hired ex-offenders ALL YOUR LIFE and you haven't died from it. You've also frequented other businesses that hire ex-offenders and you're still breathing. Get a grip, and learn to be compassionate. You never know when you may need help from someone (who just happens to be an ex-offender)who is just a HUMAN BEING who has made a mistake but didn't care about extending a helping hand to some who thinks he's perfect and who probably wouldn't except the help, no matter how dire the situation you found yourself in IF YOU KNEW HE WAS AN EX-OFFENDER. I feel sorry for you and other's like you. What you don't know is that you are SHORT CHANGING YOUR BLESSING. Remember PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. Some worst than others, but PEOPLE make mistakes. Look in the mirror, so do you.

Reply - Report abuse

Me in Sanford, Florida

106 months ago

Don LaCombe in Keller, Texas said: Justice demands that we seek and find the stranger, the broken, the prisoner, and comfort them and offer them our help. Here lies the holy compassion of God.

You are exactly right and I hope more people read this. It's a shame how some people think that because they have never found themselves behind bars that they are so much better than those who have. They judge when they have no right to judge. They are not GOD. Don't they have enough to answer to GOD for than to add being uncompassionate to the list? See, people who have committed crimes and gone to prison for, their lives are out in the open for the world to see. People who look down on them, THINK they're hiding how truly sad they are for thinking they are so much more. Truly SAD. I hope they never need a helping hand and it has to come from someone who has been behind bars. What a slap in the face and a rude awakening that will be.

Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

106 months ago

I think depending on the "felony" it should not follow someone around their entire life.

After a certain time period, it should FALL OFF.

People must be given 2nd chances. That's what the Bible preaches, that's what compassion is. It's wrong that one mistake will hurt a person forever. Plus, if they have a difficult time finding paid employment, they may be more apt to commit another crime to just survive! Silly laws.

Reply - Report abuse

sharonbecker in Atlanta, Georgia

106 months ago

Anne in Denver, Colorado said: I think depending on the "felony" it should not follow someone around their entire lif

After a certain time period, it should FALL OFF.

People must be given 2nd chances. That's what the Bible preaches, that's what compassion is. It's wrong that one mistake will hurt a person forever. Plus, if they have a difficult time finding paid employment, they may be more apt to commit another crime to just survive! Silly laws.

Anne I totally agree that it should depend on the type of felony. In 1991 if you shoplifted anything over $100.00 in Georgia you would become a convicted felon. I was 19yrs old when I stole 3 shirts totaling $136.00 and now I have a record. They changed this law to a misdeamnor in the late 1990's but everytime an enployer pulls my background they are turned off when they see felony charge even after I have explained my situation. We are all lumped into one group regardless of the crime. I am 37 yrs old today and still being punished for something I did when I was 20yrs old. I was not given any jail time only 1 yrs non reporting probation and told by my attorney that I could seal my record. He also lied and said sealing it would mean it would not show up when employers pulled a background. Well that's a lie. The conviction doesn't show but the felony arrest does. So I'm still left with having to explain why I was arrested on a felony which looks bad to employers. I have worked in the mortgage banking profession for 5yrs and as a customer service representative,but this was before everyone in the world started doing background checks. I can't support myself or my family and this is taking a toll on my marriage. If you know of any jobs in Atlanta please email me at sdbarkley500@yahoo.com. This forum has been very helpful and I wish you all the best of luck. We are not bad people, just someone who made unfortunate mistake.

Reply - Report abuse

Racquel in Charlotte, North Carolina

106 months ago

Well I can surely tell that you are someone that is not open minded about anything and that is why the world is the way it is today. Due to close minded individuals such as yourself. I hope and pray for you that you never get in a situation where you need anyone for anything. Do unto others as you would wish they would do unto you. The statement you made was very self centered and heartless. There are ex convicts in a lot of places that I am sure you have eaten that you probably have no clue of. This is just one of the reasons why I am in the process of opening my own company to give individuals with criminal backgrounds a second chance. Everyone deserves that (even you)

Reply - Report abuse

Racquel in Charlotte, North Carolina

106 months ago

millennium in Cleveland, Ohio said: you might as well dont eat out Sir, because every eatery has a convicted felon,the UNITED STATES AINT NOTHING BUT CRIMINALS FROM THE BEGINNING. Being a Convicted Felon of 30 years, i am still being Profiled, so i say to all of you that has a record, go into Business for yourself. Its going to be a rough road, but it cant be any rougher than it is already! Find you something that will earn you Profit for a living,Also,exspungement is also an option!

They say, you are forgiven once you have Paid your Debt to Society, but still counter with Discrimination. Now you know and understand! Be strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, that person was such a jerk to say what he said. That just reminds me how self centered some people in this world are still today. I am in the process of opening my own business and I will only have employees work for me that have a criminal background.

Reply - Report abuse

Entrepreneur in Lakeland, Florida

106 months ago

Motivated Individuals NEEDED. Part-time and Full-time opportunities.

Visit website for detail information. www.minginc.ws

Reply - Report abuse

HB in Orlando, Florida

106 months ago

www.minginc.ws IS NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO VISIT OR WORK FOR!

Maybe, it's the place where that Charlie person we've been warned about works!

Reply - Report abuse

jackie in Saint Paul, Minnesota

105 months ago

I've made a huge mistake in my life and i am paying for it.I have a felony and can't find a job.I have 4 kids and need to take care of them and i can't.It's really hard and i am really a good person that made a huge mistake and reget everything i'v done.If anyone know of any jobs in st.paul,mn please help a sista out. Thank, Jackie

Reply - Report abuse

Don LaCombe in Keller, Texas

105 months ago

Your best bet is to go into business for yourself. There are tons of Federal Funds out there for women wanting to start a business. I'm from Mpls, MN originally. I don't have any felonies on my record but have some pending and I too have a hard time finding work. I do consulting work in my business and don't do backgrounds on myself so I get by. Don't know what your background is as far as work experience but find a subject that interests you and have someone help you put together a business plan. SCORE can help you do that. www.score.org
Best of Luck Homey.....

Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Jacksonville, Florida

105 months ago

I think that convicted felons should have a chance at something they have already paid the price for their wrong doing, everyone makes mistakes im sure u have once upon a time in your life. You never know you could be the next convicted felon, i have seen so many talk shows where people have been wrongly accused of something that they didn't even do. How do people expect for convicted felons to make a living, if society is basically pushing them to go out and rob, steal and sell drugs which is probably what got them in jail in the first place just to make it in life because of people who discriminate. Doesnt make you a better person than they are!

Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Jacksonville, Florida

105 months ago

msladyme in Hamilton, Michigan said: I think that it is very frustrating for someone coming out of prison and not able to find employment. Frustrating to the point that many people go right back to where they began their crime and before you know it, they are back in prison. My heart goes out to those who are not able to find employment to provide for their families.

I totally agree with you. My boyfriend is an convicted felon but it was in 2002 and he is trying so hard to find a job and he is getting discouraged to the point he is resulting to going back to doing what he was doing that got him in jail in the first place, because no one wants to give him a chance. He tells me everyday to leave him because he can't start a decent life with me, and it just hurts me so bad because he is very smart and very taleted and i know what he is capable of and no one will let him prove himself. The chain will never be broken if America will not give these people a chance the cycle will keep going!

Reply - Report abuse

bcookie in Auburndale, Florida

105 months ago

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida said: Shelly:
Some companies simply will not hire someone with a felony.
Others, it depends on the type of felony (if it's a violent one, for example.)

However, there may be other possibilities!

Can you tell me what his educational background? What kind of work is he looking for? Does he have experience?

That might help re: ideas as to where to look.

My husband was charged with (F3) Theft in January, and lost both of his jobs because of it. He has tons of experience in restaurant management/food service due to the fact that we used to own and operate our own restaurnat that he managed, but he cannot seem to find a job anywhere. He has not officially even been convidted of this offense, just charged. We are requesting the charge be reduced, adjudication withheld, or even just dropped due to being outlandish, but still have no luck with any new jobs. Is there anything anyone can recommend? We just don't know what to do!

Reply - Report abuse

bcookie in Auburndale, Florida

105 months ago

Hmoob in Lakeland, Florida said: I have my very own home business and it is going just fine. For those who cannot find employment start thinking about starting your own business. Do research and brain storm ideas. Watch " The Big Idea " on CNBC at 10 pm eastern time.

Email me if you want to make a change. m337her@yahoo.com

I am going to have my husband email you. He has been trying to think of a business he could start, but is really hitting a brick wall.

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.