Finding Jobs That Will Hire People With a Felony.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 1359)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

tsmith in Cleveland, Ohio

98 months ago

my boyfriend has 2 college degrees, had to defend himself in a fight 6yrs ago and was convicted of felonious assault. He's a really good person and deserves a second chance, are there any companies in Cleveland, Ohio that will hire him???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dianna

98 months ago

I live in Aurora IL.
It has been 14 years now since my felony conviction. Mine was for drugs, I was doing them, not selling them. Don't get me wrong, I know what I was doing was wrong. Since I was arrested and convicted back then, I served my time, got out, went back to school, got my GED, then kept going on, now I have my Associates Degree in Administrative Office. But all of this hard work still does not seem to make a difference. Employeers are still looking at what mistake I made in the past. Doesn't what a person did since then matter? I get so upset when I hear an employeer say "I am sorry but we can not hire you if you have ever been arrested, or have any felonies". I am trying not to allow them them get the best of me, but then at the same token, I feel employeers are robbing me of my own future.
Does anyone have any comments, suggestions?
Please help me! I'm a very good person, just made a mistake when I was younger. Everyone has made one or two in their lifetime. I know I do not EVER judge anyone on their life styles or past.

Dianna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vlad in New York, New York

98 months ago

what state are you in? for the most part just keep on looking and down get down on yourself... if you start that then they have broke your spirit... all of those who judge will have to under go the same in the after life so stay the course. I for one am proud of you. and things like this is never going to change unless we start going to our public rep ie congressman and tell them how unfair and unjust this system is toward those who have felonies. Everyone just want to talk the time for action is now. or else we will become nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LDR in Morris Plains, New Jersey

98 months ago

arlenie in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: well my corporation will hire ya! you can be out of Yale or out of Jail, thank god you dont need any requirements to work for yourself in America.

We have full medical and dental and life Insurance, we even offer bonus from 1,000.00 to 1 Million dollars.

I would have to say if you really want to make it you gotta be willing to do what it takes. If that means starting your own business then you have got to be willing to get up and get going.

Just my own experience.

what company is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bernard in Cleveland, Ohio

98 months ago

strictly business, the only way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

HB in Orlando, Florida

98 months ago

Dear Cindy,
I am so sorry to hear that you were not hired by Cracker Barrel. I don 't work for them but know lots of people who have been with them for years. Quite a number of them had 10-15 years with the company. The Federal government as part of Homeleand Security is responsible for this. Because of so many illegal immigrants coming over the border so easily, most from Mexico, where 911 terrorists came into our country to take over the U.S. with trying to destroy the secrets of the Pentagon (our military protectors) and wanting to take out Wall Street (our financial institutions....banks, for example), and the White House with Congress (House of Representatives and Senators who WRITE and MAKE the laws of our land NOT the President or any President of our country), restaurant chains were told to let go anyone who was an illegal immigrant or had a criminal record. Restaurant managers were in tears when the ruling came down last year trying to keep their good key people they needed and wanted to place into management. About 2-4 people fought it with a lawyer to clear their to name and juvenile history. Two were re-hired.

We have hospitals in this country in many states, such as Baptist Medical Center, that was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. Even 25 years ago they would not hire anyone after a thorough investigation who had ever taken drugs. Baptist was a great place for my family and friends to work, but they felt they could get the cream of the crop to work for them. And they did. Once they broke away from the Baptist Convention non-profit religious organization, people began to go elsewhere for work even with years of experience. Some were demoted. Nurses were cut down to 3-4 days a week.

There are so many unfair situations going on in our country now. People want to blame the government or a President or some governing body. The truth is...many of us have been caught in subprime mortgages by greedy realtors and mortgage companies and bank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nms in Schertz, Texas

98 months ago

Yes the most any of us have hurt are our selves p.s. if yo don't know by now the places where you think they will hire you most likely won't try constrution, or nursery thrift shop they don't ask about your past.
ALso if you move back to the same area where you commited the offense you are less likely of finding gainful employment,
I just got rted working construction i have not worked since my last exit from prison in 2004

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cinpat in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

thanks so much, i didnt know that and was confused, maybe i should stay clear from big chain restaurants..do they all do background checks?isnt that expensive? i hate to lie on my application,but just really am stuck here..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

nms in Schertz, Texas

98 months ago

yes, they do back ground checks espicalliy if you have visable tats and it never helps to lie, being straight foward and honest is alot easier than being called a liar after you get a job, if that is if you get the job.
Their are copule of other opptions if you are still on parole or probation ask for help, and be honest with the p.o. as well. also go to craigslist org. look under jobs or gigs. good luck

98 months ago

i have no visable tatts, matter of a fact i am 47 and look professional.. really need some input from someone in georgia area, do you know anywhere where they will hire me??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

nms in Schertz, Texas

98 months ago

I do not know anyone in georgia,i'm in texas and do not know that many people here either,try your local disability and rehabilitation facilities,or goodwill salvation army.

cindy in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

thanks-- today i went and tried to get some food stamps and was informed that georgia wont give you food stamps if you have ever had a gun charge, imagine that.. dont these folks relieze that i am trying to get my life together and feel like i kep getting beat down,, i wont give up though

steve in Massillon, Ohio

98 months ago

cindy, maybe you should try getting in to a trade union. i'm a union roofer there are many people I work with that have felonys.There are women in the trades also.good pay

98 months ago

how do i get into a trade union?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria Bako in Portland, Oregon

98 months ago

Mauro Ochoa in Hillsboro, Oregon said: There's a man named Ned Rollo who wrote a little book called " Man, I Need A Job - Facing Our Ex-Offende Status. Great little book. It's the employers viewpoint of what offenders need to do to maximize their chances of getting hired. Check it out.
His web site is www.openinc.org . Spread the word.

Hello My name is Maria Bako and I work for Portland Community College Steps Program and I work with clients who have criminal backgrounds to help them find employment. In my area there is only one company that I know of that works with people with criminal background and this company Better People(This company is excellent by the way)is about a 2-3 hour commute if your on the bus and drive time is about 45 - 1hr depending on traffic. Many of our clients do not have cars so it makes if difficult for them to travel back and fourth to the classes. Do you know if there any resources in Washington, County(Hillsboro , Oregon)That our clients can tap into to get help with counseling, employemnt etc???

jen_atl in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

Hi Cindy,

I am new to this indeed (just joined today), but wanted to tell you to NOT lose hope or faith. There ARE places out there and available to help you, you just have to get yourself out there.

Try the Atlanta Enterprise Center (google them), they work with individuals who have background and they give you training and employments skills to help you get yourself together. They even provide breezecards for transportation purposes.

Atlanta Workforce Development Center (google them), they are by Turner Field, they also help you with job and training skills and they also have job fairs every Tuesday. They assign Career Counselors to help you. I even know someone who they helped get a washer/dryer and find a job. They do this all the time.

Goodwill Industries have FREE programs for job training which could lead to employment with Goodwill or one of their entities. They have ALOT of programs out there, just gotta inquire.

Another thing, you may want to go to volunteermatch.org, though you may be looking for employment, you probably can volunteer until something better comes along because you don't know who may hire you permanently.

Hope this helped!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph A. Wilson in Trenton, Michigan

98 months ago

I just want to say that, Yhea I was convicted for possesion of heroin with the intent to sell in 2001. Since then all I get are mediocure jobs (Mcdonalds, white castle, etc.) how am I supposed to feed my family with jobs like that!!! I have no money, no bank account and no car to get around. Not only that, I'm African American living in a racist town. They see a felony and they say they don't discriminate, but they do!!! On working the jobs mentioned I end up haveing to leave because they say lil comments (stereotypes)and treat me like i'm a slave simply because they know I can't get a better job elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jen_atl in Atlanta, Georgia

98 months ago

Hi Joseph,

I know that times are hard, but you have to maintain focus. Contact your local nonprofit organizations or United Way to ask for assistance. There are places out there available to assist, you have to open your mouth. Even if you go to your local Department of Labor, they should be able to assist you with a TON of information. And I know from experience (no, I do not have a felony background), but someone close to me does and I'm fighting this experience with him and have been along side of him during this battle. He found a job working a restaraunt through a friend and plans to attend Community College in June. Going to school, could definitely help you and your family because ultimately you're going to have to learn a trade of your own and work for yourself (legitimately) and build your business off of good and trustworthy work ethics. Plus, you can build a strong customer referral base when you have done a good job at what you do. Now, I'm not saying that you should go to school full-time and not be obligated to your family, you can attend some community colleges at night and take one or two classes maybe once or twice in the evening.

But, make sure you are using your local resources because ALOT of these places PAY for your transportation to get to and from your destinations. Also, they could provide assistance for your family as well.

bcookie in Auburndale, Florida

98 months ago

BCookie in Auburndale, Florida said: My husband was charged with (F3) Theft in January, and lost both of his jobs because of it. He has tons of experience in restaurant management/food service due to the fact that we used to own and operate our own restaurnat that he managed, but he cannot seem to find a job anywhere. He has not officially even been convicted of this offense, just charged. We are requesting the charge be reduced, adjudication withheld, or even just dropped due to being outlandish, but still have no luck with any new jobs. Is there anything anyone can recommend? We just don't know what to do!

Now my husband is officially on felony probation. Part of probation is that he has to maintain a job, but he was having the hardest time finding a job because he has to disclose that he is on probation during the interview. Finally yesterday he was given a chance.

Tomorrow he reports for orientation after 4 months of being unemployed (he was also denied unemployment compensation, so he has been bringing in ZERO income). I am so proud of him, and so relieved that he has found SOMETHING. This can be a very stressful period in a family's life, but time and perseverance can help things work out!

My continued support to all of you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mama in Sandy, Utah

98 months ago

We have a son in his early 30s coming into our home (until he can get on his feet)from prison this month. He is an alcolholic and meth/presciption pain med addict. He is currently going thru a divorce with child custody issues. He has felonies but received great drug rehabilitation in Con-Quest over the last year. He is wanting to start his own business and has wonderful promotional skills that have built other businesses. But I have two questions.

1) Any suggestions or advice or websites that would be helpful with his custody fight? Even during his drug/alcohol induced state he was an impeccable father, just as his wife is a great mother. Because of prison he hasn't seen his 5 yr old in 18 months because the mother refused to allow child to visit.

2) As his mother I have had a past problem with enabling our son and my biggest fault is believing everything I'm told. His father has always been a depressing negative (sometimes harsh) person. Because of this we are worried we may make his changes even harder than they need be if we fall into the same patterns. Question ... is there an organization where the families of excons can learn to be supportive in a postitive manner but not enabling?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

to be perfectly honest with you-your son should get on his feet with his job, business, find a support group, etc before he even attacks the issue of getting his children.. thats a lot of responcibilty, and he needs some good clean time under his belt first (i am speaking from experience-i was in his position) we have grandiose thinking when we come out of prison,and think we can do everything, but life is not that easy.. its a struggle and he needs to get his own ducks in a row.. are the children in danger or in a bad situation? if not, he should start a slow relationship with them, and worry about getting custody later down the road.. i like to compare it to being on an airplane- they always tell us in case of emergency we need to apply the oxygen mask to ourselves before we do our children, because if we arent alive our children would surely die, well he needs to take care of self first, then them.. its not easy out here and being an x convict and in recovery is tough - doable but tough
i suggest he look up sidneybanks.org on the computer.. these principle i have learned through him have saved my life.. good luck i will pray for you all
cindy

Anna in Middle Village, New York

98 months ago

Oscar in orlando FL in Deltona, Florida said: how can i get a good job so me and my kids can have a better life.

Apply to a college and get an education. If you have a mark against you for previous indiscretions, any future employer will look at you more favorably if they see that you are trying to turn your life around by getting an education. You could talk and talk about how you want a better life, but talking isn't DOING. Talk is cheap. Apply to a community college and get some financial aid or some student loans and you will be on your way to a better life for you and your family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

beautiful

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

98 months ago

The smaller companies will usually hire ex-"felons" more quickly than the larger ones. Don't try to hide it though -- be honest-- they'll appreciate your honesty. Some of the best workers are those with not so great pasts. They've learned from their mistakes and have essentially grown up. I would also suggest contacting your state's labor board for leads!

98 months ago

well oscar thanks for the encouragment.. i have an education- i am doing more than JUST TALKING.. i have been to seven job interviews this week...and i tried enrolling in the career institute of atlanta and got turned down because i have drug charges.. i dont want sympathy or pity i just asked for some good solid advice from people.. its called being humble..thanks for your input

98 months ago

Hi. How about a regular college? Is there a community college that you can enroll into? I feel bad for you. You could make a difference, by doing community service, and going to schools and telling the kids your story and how selling drugs screwed up you future. You might make a difference in someone's life. And...you never know, it may lead to something positive. Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mama in Sandy, Utah

98 months ago

... he should start a slow relationship with them, and worry about getting custody later down the road.. i like to compare it to being on an airplane- they always tell us in case of emergency we need to apply the oxygen mask to ourselves before we do our children, because if we arent alive our children would surely die, well he needs to take care of self first, then them.. its not easy out here and being an x convict and in recovery is tough - doable but tough
i suggest he look up sidneybanks.org on the computer.. these principle i have learned through him have saved my life.. good luck i will pray for you all
cindy

Thanks Cindy, that is a great suggestion that I will pass on to him. Any advice for the second question below?

2) As his mother I have had a past problem with enabling our son and my biggest fault is believing everything I'm told. His father has always been a depressing negative (sometimes harsh) person. Because of this we are worried we may make his changes even harder than they need be if we fall into the same patterns. Question ... is there an organization where the families of excons can learn to be supportive in a postitive manner but not enabling?

Javier Fernandez in Redwood City, California

98 months ago

Have any of you ever done online surveys? It's free and you can make quite a few extra dollars. If any body is interested in more info, let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mama in Sandy, Utah

98 months ago

Read this, sounds like something we should all support both in our states and nationally.

www.miamiherald.com/458/story/426976.html

98 months ago

definately

98 months ago

i would do online but they ALL look like scams- are they

jfernandez650 in California

98 months ago

Some definitely are, but I have been doing this for about a year. and have been paid by the ones I use. Of course I have wasted my time with many, but after a while you know who is legit or not. I only use 100% free sites. Check out my referral blog and if you need any help hit me up (I can send you proof of payments from me and many that I've referred). I ran into this stuff out of lack of jobs (background and tattoos). I do this part time and the rest, my cousin hooks me up with work in his masonry business.

yuwiepower.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nicholas Stroup in Schertz, Texas

97 months ago

BCookie in Auburndale, Florida said: Now my husband is officially on felony probation. Part of probation is that he has to maintain a job, but he was having the hardest time finding a job because he has to disclose that he is on probation during the interview. Finally yesterday he was given a chance.

Tomorrow he reports for orientation after 4 months of being unemployed (he was also denied unemployment compensation, so he has been bringing in ZERO income). I am so proud of him, and so relieved that he has found SOMETHING. This can be a very stressful period in a family's life, but time and perseverance can help things work out!

My continued support to all of you!

That's great, now whats the secret i've been unemployed for seven yaers

97 months ago

Martisa Hunt in Rochester, Michigan said: Hi severeal years ago i was in a domestic violence relationship and i ended up assaulting my assaulter and i
got in trouble for that I have a lot of
work experience in light industrial general labor machine operator assembly
sorting and housekeping supervisor,but
i cant find a job because everyone does
backround checks.I dont think that's
fair if you dont give people a chance
how will you ever know how good of a
worker you passed up.What should i do?

i fight with my consiounes and my spelling.

97 months ago

millennium in Cleveland, Ohio said: I agree, and you make one no two valuable Points, " to thy own self be true," and the worst enemy in the world is to tell on yourself!

is their in of you here in texas

Cynthia Hunter-Gamble in West Haven, Connecticut

97 months ago

Iam trying to find the company that hire people with felony in the state of conn

Shannon Foster in Grand Prairie, Texas

97 months ago

millennium in Cleveland, Ohio said: you might as well dont eat out Sir, because every eatery has a convicted felon,the UNITED STATES AINT NOTHING BUT CRIMINALS FROM THE BEGINNING. Being a Convicted Felon of 30 years, i am still being Profiled, so i say to all of you that has a record, go into Business for yourself. Its going to be a rough road, but it cant be any rougher than it is already! Find you something that will earn you Profit for a living,Also,exspungement is also an option!

They say, you are forgiven once you have Paid your Debt to Society, but still counter with Discrimination. Now you know and understand! Be strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever you are you just brought me hope. Ive been a convicted felon since I was 15 I did 6 years in prison for assault on a police officer and Ive been out for 2 years now and havent been able to find a job that will hire me. Thank you for giving me hope. Im going to go back to school for buisness management and start my own buisness. Thank you so much...

97 months ago

Hi. I was wondering if since you guys can't get a job, how about volunteering. It would look great on an application because it looks like you are still trying to pay back to the community. Assuming the reason why you guys who have records isn't for child molestation, rape, or child abuse, you could try to become mentors for the young men who have no fathers in their home to look up to. You could show them first hand what happens when you do dumb stuff when you are young and not thinking about your future. You could tell them that it ruins your future because no one will hire them if they get arrested. When you put yourself out there helping people, you will see that something good will come back to you. It's called Karma. Try and see if there's anything you could do to help the community until you find a job. I'm telling you, being an asset to a community by volunteering opens alot more doors than you can imagine. When people see that you are giving back, they will look at you more favorably and they will try and help you if they could. By volunteering, you are gaining their respect and trust, and therefore people are more likely to give you a chance. Also, when you go for a job interview it looks alot better for you if you are involved with something positive in the past year (or so) while you haven't been working. It looks like you are doing something conducive with your life, and not just hanging out being a bum. Good luck to you all.

HB in Orlando, Florida

97 months ago

Nicholas & others: read "cinpat","Anna", & "jen_atl" blogs. They've great ideas to assist your way from the bottom to moving upward. Older unemployed people go yrs. or never get hired again have ruined lives/families & didn't do any crimes need help, too.

At one time you were upstanding citizens. You're caring individuals looking for help out of the mess when young, immature, & really want to be productive citizens. You're looking for the right answers. Unfortunately, your lives took a dive for the worse & were persuaded to break the laws of your state. An older woman forgot to pay her speeding ticket; a year later she was arrested, went to jail 2 hours, waited for family to bring her money to pay it, got a misdemeanor, & lives in embarrassment!

My friends, NOW it's time to go from the bottom & hold your head high. No longer look at yourself as a victim of society & ignorant racist people (more in North than South states) could think of relocating, such as was mentioned in Atlanta, GA. Begin thinking of yourself as worthy because God sees you as such.

Hook up with these agencies...especially churches who want to help raise you out of the old ways helping you to succeed. There're colleges online & distance education if college turns you down; you get financial aid or pay $30-60 mthly. Penn Foster or Stratford are 2. People go through days, weeks, months, seasons, & yrs feeling like the lowliest person in the world as people reinforce that stinking thinking holding you down by their negative voices & ignorance wanting you to be what their words say you are. Loose yourself from people like that; they AREN'T your friends.

By the way, it's NOT "Karma." It's GOD who sets you free. Read your Bible (New King James version or Living Bible). His Word says, "Who the Son sets free, is really free." Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their Personal Savior and Lord, He'll never leave you & is your help always. Listen to His direction for your life. TRUST HIM!

97 months ago

Beautiful, "the finest of gift is a potion of thyself1"

nevergiveup in Tampa, Florida

97 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

Ignorance... I know people who used to think like that until a loved one was convicted for assaulting someone to protect themselves, or a child of theirs got into drugs and had such a hard time because no one would give them a second chance that they committed suicide. So keep being ignorant and wether you know it or not you on any given day could be in someone elses shoes...

Don in Keller, Texas

97 months ago

That Winterville chump needs to have an awakening. Sir you are like countless others in America with their head in the sand. Your only problem is you haven't been caught yet. So go on thinking you're better than the rest of us. If you were honest with yourself you're a lonely pathetic person with low self esteem. I don't have any felonies on my record but I know this if I had a business I would hire people with a felony record because in most cases people learn from mistakes and become better people. So go back to Russia you communist lowlife...

nevergiveup in Tampa, Florida

97 months ago

I so agree with you...those of us who have felonies are no different than anyone else ... i breath ... love... laugh ...and i am a better person than any one who holds such ignorance towards others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Van Wert, Ohio

97 months ago

WEll, I see I am not alone. I have a 25 year old felony in ohio. I have worked several jobs since then. But after moving 2 years ago when my wife became disabled, to find a house to fit her wheelchair needs, I suddenly hit a road block. It seems all of a sudden, or in this area, no one wants to hire an ex felon. Even the temp agencies which I have used for years to assist finding permanent jobs. I have experience in construction, cnc machine operator, computers, forklift, warehousing...and the list goes on. Now, I only have 4 1/2 years to get retirement (social security) and I will retire at 62. But, until then what do I do. It is surprising to see how the whole climate seemed to have changed in the last few years or so. Machine shops, and temp agencies such as cbs, manpower, and so on, won't hire exfelons...why? My resume seems to mean nothing, my experience means nothing...since my felony...who knows. But something has to break. The main thing I do is NOT give up. I may try my own business (have no idea what) but I won't give up. Be honest, don't hide it, cuz now in this computer age they will find conviction and can fire you for lying, period, and you will not get unemployment.

I am pleased to see this forum or whatever it is, it has some good info, some sad comments from ignorant people. But it at lease gives hope and suggestions from those who have been there. Thanks all.
wish I had some offers for those in need, but I don't. I am looking too. Northwest OH, Northeast IN, any jobs there I will gladly do them for income.

Don in Keller, Texas

97 months ago

Well sir,

I think maybe you should look into being a truckers helper if you have that kind of energy. You may also look into getting a position at county or even the state prison system. Just some thoughts. I too get doors closed for charges pending that will most likely be dropped for double jeopardy.

Good Luck...

Don

dee in Chicago, Illinois

97 months ago

mother of a felon in Lansing, Michigan said: YOU pompus Snob. Everyone makes a mistake now and then. For you to sit here and judge these folks who are trying to turn their lives around is unacceptable. I feel sorry for you and those like you. Didn't anyone ever give you a second chance? Everyone deserves a second chance!

for the people that is still making comments about the denny's why are they on this site any way I am a felon with a high school diploma and a master degree in science and I didn't acheve in jail so you will not know who you come in contact with while serving your food where did you eat from last week you don't know if that person has a disease or a felony so keep your mouth close and your eyes open

jizzle08 in Tampa, Florida

96 months ago

Hello my name is Tyrone and i understand where excons or comin from. I just commited a crime recently that i had no control of. I pawned a camera for a friend and i was unaware it was stolen. I was charged with burgluary of a dwelling,grand theft,dealing in stolen property, and false info on a pawnbroker form. I am currently on probation with an adjudication witheld for dealing in stolen property and false info on a pawn form. I never had a juvenile record never been in trouble my whole life until now. I have been looking for a job for the past 6 months.I been hired passed drug test but denied because of my background. Its hard and frustrating for someone like me that never did anything wrong. But all i can do is keep my head up and ask the good lord for help. All i want is the opportunity the chance to work again. It really shows how screwed up society is but to anybody and everybody in my situation look forward never look back and keep a positive attitude cuzz it could be a lot worse. God bless to everyone that has to struggle because of a mistake or trying to do something wit there lives.

96 months ago

Hi Tyrone...I have a couple of questions? Why would you falsify the pawn form? Did you tell the police who gave you the stolen stuff? Did you kick the $hit out of the guy who gave it to you? Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

g in Cleveland, Ohio

96 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

It's unfortunate the mentality of folks like you. You can sit back and judge everyone and know nothing about them. Chances are someday you'll be faced with a situation whether it be you or someone you care about and I can only hope it opens your eyes because you should be treated with the same respect. Not everyone that's had legal problems to contend with is a violent person or an awful person. I'd like to know where you work because I wouldn't want to deal with a company that would hire someone so judgemental and obviously not very educated.

BelievePublications@*****.*** in Atlantic City, New Jersey

96 months ago

I have practical advice for ex-offenders st my blog

helpforexoffenders.wordpress.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.