Finding Jobs That Will Hire People With a Felony.

Comments (251 to 300 of 1324)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

A felon in Columbia, Tennessee

82 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

WOW! what an ass. That's an ignorant comment. Im a felon and am working as a NURSE!!! The best nurse by the way. Most people do have previous convictions but it dont always make them a bad person. For the people out there having a hard time getting a job, never give up. Asswholes like this prick that wrote this comment want you to give up. Its hard to get back on track but keep trying.

Jeninillinois in B.F.E., Illinois

82 months ago

Let me add to this and say don't give up! I have a class 4 felony for filing a false police report from 5 years ago. Soon after my conviction I got a job managing a gas station. After over 3 years working there I was laid off and back in the work force with this strike against me. Less than 2 months later I applied at a medical clinic for a medical records position. I thankfully never filled out an application, just e-mailed my resume. They called a few weeks later for an interview, it went great I knew they loved me. The HR manager was going over the benefits, pay, etc. After a week she called me 2 days ago and made me a conditional offer after a drug test and background check. Once I heard her say that I thought I was done for. I didn't think there was anyway a medical clinic would hire me. Well I went took the drug test and gave her my info for the background check. That was yesterday, she called this morning and said drug test passed but something came up on your background check, tell me what happened. I was completely honest with her, told her I learned a great deal from it and have totally turned my life around. She then had to run it by her boss and said she would call me back. An hour later she called and said I still haven't got a hold of my bosses, but I have no problem hiring you. Everyone does things in their past & you've demonstrated it's behind you. So when can you start? I start Sept. 3. The pay isn't great, but there's always room for advancement, plus great benefits and paid time off, etc. My best advice to everyone is be honest! There are people out there who will give you a chance! Good Luck to everyone! Peace

Legal Eagle in Bloomington, Illinois

82 months ago

Not sure if any of you are still on this site, but I was in your position once too.

Here is what I found.
Go back to college. I'm serious. I was unemployable before I did and I can frankly understand why. I do not have a felony, however, I do have two very bad gross misdemeanors which are related to drug use and violence.

Frankly, I ended up doing mostly grunt type jobs until I went back.
After my two year degree, I could get semi-professional positions for fairly big companies (for example, I worked in claims for Allstate). After my four year degree, I could more or less do what ever I wanted. For all of the stupid antagonists on this board, guess who eventually ended up DOING the hiring (who knows, maybe I interviewed you), that's right, it was me fo

I was an HR generalist for a fairly big company and I can tell you that certain things will be overlooked if you are very, very qualified. For example, I am a former SHRM HR Games Champion and even one of the most rigid employers in the area gave me a shot to work in the Dept. Honestly, there was a specific policy against it but it was pretty much thrown out the window...

So to those of you bashing people with records, beware that you might be bashing a hiring manager , HR Generalist, or recruiter.

One thing anyone with a record might try is sales. I sold car insurance for a number of outfits to pay my way through the second half of my B.A.

Sales is one of those positions that will more or less overlook a number of things if you can produce hope.

Next year, I begin my first term of law school. I plan on fighting for this cause during my second year.

I'm telling you all this to give you reason to hope. I've been there and there are still positions I can never hold (i.e. cannot work for some government agencies) but if you look for the right employment, you can find it.

You would be surprised at how many executives I've worked with that also have a criminal record..

Legal Eagle in Bloomington, Illinois

82 months ago

BTW, another thing anyone looking for work might consider is to go with a very small (And I mean 10 people or less) company.

Here is why. Background checks are frankly expensive. Very, very expensive. Plus, they are pretty time consuming.

A smaller employer does not usually have the resources to even look into the matter and often, the applications they use do not even have the language included in them to disqualify you from employment, so it does not always even come up :)
Use a rule of thumb, any company that has an HR department should probobly be avoided unless you have a lot to offer.

Hope that helps.

Roxan in Des Moines, Iowa

82 months ago

I'd say try Iowa it seems here they seem to hire people who have criminal records here. Its us normal people that can't seem to keep a job here because of the criminals. So I moving to Wisconsin. Hope this helps you.

susan in Indianapolis, Indiana

82 months ago

millennium in Cleveland, Ohio said: you might as well dont eat out Sir, because every eatery has a convicted felon,the UNITED STATES AINT NOTHING BUT CRIMINALS FROM THE BEGINNING. Being a Convicted Felon of 30 years, i am still being Profiled, so i say to all of you that has a record, go into Business for yourself. Its going to be a rough road, but it cant be any rougher than it is already! Find you something that will earn you Profit for a living,Also,exspungement is also an option!

They say, you are forgiven once you have Paid your Debt to Society, but still counter with Discrimination. Now you know and understand! Be strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad to see and hear someone that feel;s the same way has I do;my felony is only 3 years old but every where i apply I get looked down on as soon as they found out about it.I;ve lost almost every thing but i still have my pride.

Roxie in Des Moines, Iowa

82 months ago

Well come to Des Moines they seem to perfer convicts here. To the extent they get rid of a person with no police record for one that does.

Bernard in Cleveland, Ohio

82 months ago

What, are you made? Then again, thats your opinion, sounds like you lost your job or someone you knew lost their job and you think the job went to a covicted felon!

You dont understand the value in someone that has done time and strive to put their life back together, AMAZING!

82 months ago

I have no ideal what you are talking about,I said I can;t find a job because I have a felony.So not sure what you read or you just didn;t understand.

Hatin Stupid People in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

You're an a**hole!

Mom of 3 in Cisne, Illinois

82 months ago

Jennifer in Akron, Ohio said: And who made you God, the one and only judge over all? You too will be judged for that comment by the great and almighty on judgement day. People deserve a second chance.

HE/She is not GOD, GOD is forgiving!!

carrie in Saginaw, Michigan

82 months ago

Charlie in Tignall, Georgia said: Well actually the guy has a point in that the only (ONLY, mind you)reason Denny's Restaurant exists is to please that guy - and thousands of others like him. The customer is the reason for any business. Without the customer being happy, the business will not exist for very long and if you advertise that you are hiring felons to work there it WILL turn off some customers.

Since most people in the US are of the same opinion as that fellow, it is possible that Denny's could lose enough business to actually cease to exist. You see there is a very good reason companies are willing to fork over about $25 dollars per employee to do drug tests and criminal background tests. If they don't, they lose assets and they lose customers.

No matter how much you disagree, there are not enough criminal minded people/supporters in the US to operate your own country and keep yourselves alive even if we gave you the western half of the country. You need honest people for your very existence.

To think otherwise is basic anarchy and that idea does not work either.

now days its so easy to get a criminal record that most of the people eating any where most likly has had a run in with the law at one point or another so in that case should you be condemed for making a mistake in your life time or for some, our legal systom made a mistake because that does happen sometimes. and on a personal thought some people whichout a criminal record may have not been caught or had the money to get them out of it or just simply pinned on one of those people with the criminal record!P.s. thanks for the tip to the dennys girl

82 months ago

you might as well stay in your house and never go out because there are criminals everywhere , and maybe you dont need to go out to eat any way try going hungry like you expect others to do

82 months ago

6 years ago a man held a gun to my head and i stabbed him and ran to the nearest phone i am a convicted felon got to hand it to that legal systom

Anna in Middle Village, New York

82 months ago

Hi Carrie...you know the irony of what you just stated? You were arrested and charged with a felony because you were carrying a knife in the first place, and yet, had you not had that knife in your hand, you would've been shot and killed! The judicial system is set up AGAINST women, and women trying to defend themselves. We are expected to take being abused, raped and tortured, but if we defend ourselves, we're charged with a worse crime than the ba$tard that tried to harm us. It's a Catch-22. Carrie, I wish you the best of luck in your future - the future you have because you stabbed a person to save your life, but also a future where you will have to struggle to make it because of your record. Good luck! :o)

Money in Detroit, Michigan

82 months ago

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.[/QUOT

So ignorant. You never know... A criminal could save your life one day. Non-criminals who cook your food could do more to your food than just cook it!!

paul in Jeffersonville, Ohio

81 months ago

we are people like u we made mistakes and pay 4 it evaery day i lost my kids my wife and soon my life cause people like you i pray god finds u no matter ? happens here ill see u there "maybe"

paul in Jeffersonville, Ohio

81 months ago

mother of a felon in Lansing, Michigan said: YOU pompus Snob. Everyone makes a mistake now and then. For you to sit here and judge these folks who are trying to turn their lives around is unacceptable. I feel sorry for you and those like you. Didn't anyone ever give you a second chance? Everyone deserves a second chance!

thank u!!!!!!!!

Poohs3Stars in Saginaw, Michigan

81 months ago

THAT CRIMINAL COULD BE ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS "SOME PEOPLE CAN CHANGE" DONT JUDGE ANY BECAUSE IT COULD BE YOU!

Rarefind1977 in Detroit, Michigan

81 months ago

Poohs3Stars in Saginaw, Michigan said: THAT CRIMINAL COULD BE ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS "SOME PEOPLE CAN CHANGE" DONT JUDGE ANY BECAUSE IT COULD BE YOU!

I have a felony that resulted from a car accident and semi racially stimulated conversation as a result of that accident. It was not violent I have never been in trouble before. I did not spend one day in jail, and I plead to the offense due to bad advice from my public defender. I look back on that day and I feel THERE ARE things I could have done different, I now am working on my second masters . I already have a B.A. in journalism, masters in public relations and this last degree will be in Business administration and marketing.
I own my own business although its not to profit status I am working on it!!! BUT its not enough to pay the bills. I have a non profit for kids that mentors them about the importance of making good decisions and I would say that I have turned my s alife around, but truthfully I was always been a good person I just had one REALLY bad day and I am paying for it in ways I could have never imagined. My life is close to unbearable due to the fact the jobs I have are barely enough to pay for anything. It feels as if my college education does not matter. EVERYONE makes mistakes, but society is so unforgiving. People talk about the people who do jail time, but the truth is even those of us that have never seen the inside of a jail suffer as well even more so they don't even have programs set up to help me. I am at my wits end and I am close to losing all hope..

anyone knows of anyone hiring for professional positions in michigan BY ALL MEANS send me an email I am trying everything i can at this point. I deserve to live a decent life and I have so much to offer.

lmjones816@gmail.com

Allen Sutton in Orlando, Florida

81 months ago

No wonder everyone thinks the South is full of dumb rednecks. It's closed-minded, ignorant comments like that that give Southerners a bad name. For your information, according to the United States Justice Department, 1/4 of the entire population of the U.S. has a criminal record: "(5) This means that about twenty-five percent of the nation's adult population lives a substantial portion of their lives with a criminal record. (6)" So that means "criminals" cook your food, make your laws, wash your car, do your taxes, teach your children, and maybe even sign your paycheck...

81 months ago

Allen Sutton in Orlando, Florida said: No wonder everyone thinks the South is full of dumb rednecks. It's closed-minded, ignorant comments like that that give Southerners a bad name. For your information, according to the United States Justice Department, 1/4 of the entire population of the U.S. has a criminal record: "(5) This means that about twenty-five percent of the nation's adult population lives a substantial portion of their lives with a criminal record. (6)" So that means "criminals" cook your food, make your laws, wash your car, do your taxes, teach your children, and maybe even sign your paycheck...

I agree with every word you said.It;good to hear that there is decent people in the world and as for the comment made about the denny;s I just won;t even stoop to that level.

81 months ago

Martisa Hunt in Rochester, Michigan said: Hi severeal years ago i was in a domestic violence relationship and i ended up assaulting my assaulter and i
got in trouble for that I have a lot of
work experience in light industrial general labor machine operator assembly
sorting and housekeping supervisor,but
i cant find a job because everyone does
backround checks.I dont think that's
fair if you dont give people a chance
how will you ever know how good of a
worker you passed up.What should i do?

I know what you are going through i am having the same problem just keep trying there is someone out there that will give you a chance good luck

81 months ago

I can't find a job in Iowa because all the people with police records are getting jobs here. Look here for a job because I got to move because of it.

j and j in Middletown, Ohio

81 months ago

Dia in Cleveland, Ohio said: I have a boyfriend that is currently serving out his time. He commited his crime last year and has since seen the error of his ways. Both he and I are afraid that when he is released in 3-6 months he won't be able to find a job. He has two felony5 in possesion. We have a son. I wanted to know how can I prevent him from going back into the streets when it will seem like his only option to making money and providing for his family? Who will give him that opportunity that he needed a year ago?

good luck.i have 1 felony 5 my husband has 2 felony 3.we have two young children and no family support.nobody will give us jobs and the option we have is homeless or sellin drugs.i dont know what to do.we are 24 and we dont want to go back to prison

HB in Orlando, Florida

81 months ago

Dear J & J
I know you don't like your living situation or being/selling drugs. Your children ARE your most important assets, as well as you as THEIR parents, are Their examples. You don't want this for them. When it comes to help, REAL family and friends help by making sure you are in re-hab even if they have to watch your kids or are in foster care for a SHORT time. Living in a car or building or outside is teaching your children that's what real life is. Do this, as parents, for your children, and then for YOURSELVES by getting cleaned up and go to social services for assistance and ESPECIALLY large churches that REALLY care who come out to the streets to give out food, gloves and hats, and minister to the homeless. There are places to eat for free that serve daily meals: Salvation Army or other such places you will find in many towns across the US. There are food pantries with no questions asked. So many of us out here are or have been in addictions of one sort or another that is or was killing us and our futures. It could be drugs, legal drugs from doctors, being in so much debt caused by us or others that we can't get car insurance or rent any place or get a job as they all check credit reporting agencies for our credit and FICO scores. Construction and truck drivers usually have it easier to get hired. You have to want to get out of your own situation. If you don't help him, or yourself, you will never get out of this. It's NOT easy, but life never is. People would rather cut off their arm than seek help from a church; there are MANY out there giving their time NOT for themselves as they could be enjoying their lives without thinking of the homeless and forgotten. Take that hand up until you can stand on your own and get out of hopelessness. Seek out free Christian counselling. Use your library for research and others who are connected to a church for meals and job skills. THEY help to get training and clothing for those addicted, been jailed, and alcoholics.

HB in Orlando, Florida

81 months ago

Dia, Cleveland, Ohio.....
1. Be that support system for your child's daddy.
2. See what I wrote to J & J.
3. Research now so you can tell your boyfriend there is hope and answers. Go to libraries, talk to churches who REALLY help the person to get a new start. Find out what small companies give jobs not paying that $25 employee check (many don't), volunteer time in shelters and food banks to get connections to help your child's daddy.
4. Please don't get so low and hopeless that depression sets in, and you feel like J & J who I know wants things to change so badly.
5. START TODAY! That 3-6 months goes past so QUICKLY!
6. Drop the fear or it becomes a SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY; change attitudes to "WE WILL GET PAST THIS" regardless how bad it looks out there. Bad news always gets attention while good news is ignored. Take the HIGH road. YOU and YOUR child's daddy and child HAVE a FUTURE and a HOPE....God! Flee from God, and you won't discover that you are a "Princess of the Lord" and he is a "Prince of the Lord" ready for God to open His arms to protect and look after you. God loves children and won't let your child go without needs met.
7. Sadly, if your boyfriend won't change and doesn't provide the example for his child, you will have to leave him for someone who does live life morally even if they had a background in breaking the law. BUT if you have to leave this man, it's best to find work for yourself and go on without him. I know that statement to me would make me cry and be so depressed and hopeless, BUT after you do what you can to show your support for your child's daddy, and he won't do the right thing, for your life and your child, reality means to LET GO as he is not ready to change. Once jailed, they wish they weren't caught. REAL redemption means CHANGE!
8. Seek out God and the right church who supports those with loved ones in prison & those with success stories that shows change. GO SUNDAY and find that church until you found the ONE.

no one in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

you are so ignorant.

Chris in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

80 months ago

Hi. I am now 13 years past my conviction. I was 17 and tried as a adult for unauthorized use of a vehicle. TO this day I am still not able to find real work. I am a mom to 2 boys and have been married for now almost 10 years. No one seems to have the answers. It seems there are to many jerks who don't care why things happen.
Before you judge think about why something may have happened before the crime. Some crimes I do not understand and I never will. But in cases similar to mine..Well I fully understand. I ran away from a abusive situation and this is where I ended up. And now I will continue to pay because NO ONE will takee the 5 minutes to find out what actually happened. I take full responsibility for what happened 13 years ago. But right now my responsibility is to take care of 2 kids and pay my mortgage. And how are people like me supposed to get a job?

80 months ago

Where I live in Iowa they seem to hire the criminals around here. I'm the one who is the odd man or should I say women out. You may have to relocate to find a job is what I'm trying to do now. Good luck and maybe try Iowa because I want to leave here.

Chris in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

80 months ago

Roxie in Des Moines, Iowa said: Where I live in Iowa they seem to hire the criminals around here. I'm the one who is the odd man or should I say women out. You may have to relocate to find a job is what I'm trying to do now. Good luck and maybe try Iowa because I want to leave here.

Just because I committed a crime does not make me a criminal. I made a mistake. And I am paying for it daily. Why would I want to move to a state that you are obviously so miserable in? The sad thing is the mentality. People seem to ASSUME that we are bad and don't deserve to work and when one FINALLY gets a job. Its that damn criminal every time they walk by. I am really sorry you got bumped because of a person with a record and as I read up to see I noticed you said child molester. I sure hope you researched him before judging. Someone ASSUMED I was a drug addict because I committed a crime. Being judgmental and bitter does not help us who have felonies and it sure wont help those who do. If you look at me I look just like every other person around me. I don't stand out.Until I have to STILL explain I got into a stolen car when I was 17 years old.
Sorry I will stay in Oklahoma. Looks to be no matter where I go there will be some judgmental person waiting on me.

80 months ago

People here tell you this stuff I assume nothing. I worked with people that done felonies and sex offenders. No secret if they tell you and they still working there. I gave you this suggestion because this community seems to favor these people. Sorry if you misunderstood the message.

HB in Columbia, South Carolina

80 months ago

Chris in Oklahoma City: You served your time and have made a new life and raising your children as a responsioble adult. It's just not felons that pay in this society. There are good people who have lost their credit standing with the BIG THREE (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) even if they lost their homes to the subprime or NON subprime lenders. These people can't save their home and credit due to job shut downs and/or major illnesses with themselves or their children wuping them out financially. It stays on their records for 7-10 years AND even after that can still send their idiotic letters to try to collect after they do charge off since your last payment or promise to pay them; one must not answer these people nor answer the phone even if they say it's a law firm or send lawyer type letters. Once you talk to them or write, they start that 7-10 years OVER again!!! One can't rent without a credit check; one can't get car insurance without that check; there are many others who check your credit also (jobs for sure). These people are treated as bad as ex-felons that I have a heart for.

Now that at least 10 years has past, are you close to anywhere where there are federal jobs in your area? I assume there are as wasn't that the area that had the Murrah Building destroyed by that heineous terrorist Timothy McVeigh? Military bases hire civilians, too, who are 10 years past conviction. Go to your local employment agency or look up on the internet about how to apply for federal jobs. The application is TOUGH and hard to do, but you can get assistance with it to sugn up for so MANY openings. YOU ARE now eligible to apply for them with great pay and benefits. Check it out.

HB in Orlando, Florida

80 months ago

Who placed me in another city and state? I am in Orlando, Florida! Stop playing with my address. I know who you are from many blogs and changing your own name and locations. Don't try that here with me!

Bernard in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

FOCUS ON BEING SELF-EMPLOYED, YOU MAY STILL HAVE PROBLRMS BUT YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO DIRECT YOUR ANGER INTO DETERMENATION, DONT LIKE THAT HOLD YOU BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wayland in Sebastopol, California

79 months ago

Hi, my name is wayland, 22 years of age from California.
I was convicted of a violent felony strike, (grand theft person with weapon enhancement) and a D.U.I over 2 years ago as a result of drinking to much booze way to often. There was nothing violent about what I did in any of the arrests or convictions, only threats. The felony turned violent when the police + the supposed "victim" lied in the police report.
I am now actively involved with a program that has SAVED + changed my life, Alcoholics anonymous. My life now revolves around, or rather depends on me always doing the next right thing, being the best possible person I can be on a day to day basis to the best of my ability. Many people can now call me an excellent father, husband, son or an over all outstanding citizen in society.
In less then one year I can and will expunge all of 2 convictions . The problem is under the expungment code 1203.4 even after expungment I still have to disclose any/all past convictions when applying for state licensure and this includes The Board of Registered Nursing.
Fortunately for me the road doesn't end there. The Board of Registered Nursing States "There is not ANY one specific type of conviction that will disqualify an applicant".
My question is this - is there anyone out there who has been convicted of a felony and was able to obtained any kind of state licensure?

79 months ago

Hi, Wayland again,
I have been strongly thinking about trying to start a Bill or state proposition in the favor of ex convicts. The way our society treats ex offenders is outrageous. According to pc 1203.4 even after expungment the ex offender must - "disclose the conviction in response to any direct question contained in any questionnaire or application for public office, for licensure by any state or local agency or for contracting with the California State Lottery."
No thanks to that section of 1203.4 me along with about 65 million others can and will still be discriminated against even after obtaining multiple collage degrees and having a expunged record - when applying for anything from a real-estate license, nursing license, paralegal license, contractor license, a M.D. to becoming a foster parent. That sure doesn't seem like much of a difference then were I am now, or for any one else for that matter.
It seems as if this system really just wants to fail, for us to stay in the cycle that got most of us in trouble in the first place. Further more it seems as if even after rehabilitation and school the only type of employment is the bottom of the barrel and bottom of the food chain, right were the Ignorant people of society think we belong.
My idea is this, to make a proposition or bill that allows some one after obtaining expungment under 1203.4 to apply for a FULL expungment (if/and/or when proof of rehabilitation is shown) in which no state or local agency would be allowed to review, look at or see the conviction. This is America all who act as an equal should be treated as an equal.

79 months ago

Wayland again, sorry for taking up so much space.
even though this is a forum for fiding work, I belive what Iam doing will help many people obtain more successfull employment. Any way Iam looking for some one who knows how to make websites, to help me with this proposition. If someone is interested with my cause plz email me at wayland_young@yahoo.com

Carol in Green Bay, Wisconsin

79 months ago

mother of a felon in Lansing, Michigan said: YOU pompus Snob. Everyone makes a mistake now and then. For you to sit here and judge these folks who are trying to turn their lives around is unacceptable. I feel sorry for you and those like you. Didn't anyone ever give you a second chance? Everyone deserves a second chance!

Did your child get a job? While in college, my son found and used a credit card. No jail - probation but 2 misdemeanor thefts on his record and deferred prosecution for Identity Theft - He's almost off of probation in a month, but no one will hire him. He is so discouraged....

79 months ago

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida said: Shelly:
Some companies simply will not hire someone with a felony.
Others, it depends on the type of felony (if it's a violent one, for example.)

However, there may be other possibilities!

Can you tell me what his educational background? What kind of work is he looking for? Does he have experience?

That might help re: ideas as to where to look.

I have a son who graduated college in December, 2007. Double major in Marketing/Communications and Journalism. In his Junior year at college, he and a friend found and used a couple of credit cards (food and gas - less than $500). He was a couple months older than 21. On the background check, employers will find 2 misdemeanor thefts and one deferred prosecution for felony ID theft. No jail time. Probation is done first of January. Even after interviews have gone extremely well and he is sure he will get the job - nothing. Either no response - not what we are looking for - no experience. There's always a reason, but I am sure it comes down to the background check. He is in the MPLS/St Paul Area.

Do you have any suggestions? He is so discouraged...

79 months ago

Still working at it in Worcester, Pennsylvania said: In this country, there are over one million people with felony records that are not still incarcerated. Included in this numbers are some of the most wealthiest people in the US. Martha Steward just to name one.

Give ex-felons the western half of the US and I beg to differ that it will thrive. Some of us are more educated about running a business than the people who stand up and believe that we can't thrive or work in or at a decent paying position.

I have a bachelors degree, I'm a graduate student studying marketing. In the end, I'll finish my education with an MBA, a Master of Science in Marketing and a bachelors degree in business administration. I'll be more qualified to head a company than most CEO's who run fortune 500/billion dollar companies. Hell, as it stands right now, I have more education than some of the richest men in the US, Bill Gates to name another.

I'm not going to comment on opinions of how worthless or how we should be left in prison because it is just that. My only goal in life is to prove people who think like this how wrong they are.

Hv you found work? My son found and used a credit card while in college (he was just over 21). He has 2 misdemeanor thefts and a deferred prosecution for felony ID theft (they charged $500)on the record. He has been looking for a job for almost a year - no one will touch him. He graduated in Dec 2007 w/ a double major - Mktg/Comm and Journalism. Many interviews have gone well - but then there's the background check. Any words of wisdom? He is very discouraged.

dj in Lutz, Florida

79 months ago

Your are a complete idiot!!

Jennifer in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

You dont know who is cooking your food, Your know better than the next person. You should be ashame of yourself because God does not like ugly. People are struggling and times are very hard. Everyone deserves to have a second chance of life. The people you dearly trust could hurt you. You should never judge anyone, because everyone has a story to tell even you.

Mimi in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

I would not wish anything bad on anyone. However, God will judge you on what you have done in this world, or I should say NOT done in this world. You don't get into heaven based on believing in Him, but how you acted on this earth as a human being. Guess where you are going?

Anna in Middle Village, New York

79 months ago

Hi Mimi in Cleveland, Ohio. I'm curious as to whom you are directing that commentary about God will judge you on what you have done in this world, or not done in this world?

Mimi in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

My comment was directed at the person who will not eat at Denny's because they hire people with felons! Who are they to judge anyone.

Stella

79 months ago

Rarefind1977 in Detroit, Michigan said: I have a felony that resulted from a car accident and semi racially stimulated conversation as a result of that accident. It was not violent I have never been in trouble before. I did not spend one day in jail, and I plead to the offense due to bad advice from my public defender. I look back on that day and I feel THERE ARE things I could have done different, I now am working on my second masters . I already have a B.A. in journalism, masters in public relations and this last degree will be in Business administration and marketing.
I own my own business although its not to profit status I am working on it!!! BUT its not enough to pay the bills. I have a non profit for kids that mentors them about the importance of making good decisions and I would say that I have turned my s alife around, but truthfully I was always been a good person I just had one REALLY bad day and I am paying for it in ways I could have never imagined. My life is close to unbearable due to the fact the jobs I have are barely enough to pay for anything. It feels as if my college education does not matter. EVERYONE makes mistakes, but society is so unforgiving. People talk about the people who do jail time, but the truth is even those of us that have never seen the inside of a jail suffer as well even more so they don't even have programs set up to help me. I am at my wits end and I am close to losing all hope..

anyone knows of anyone hiring for professional positions in michigan BY ALL MEANS send me an email I am trying everything i can at this point. I deserve to live a decent life and I have so much to offer.

lmjones816@gmail.com

This country will never let you live normally, my friend had to leave to Italy, there are no jobs for people like you and him.
This is their business to make an example out of you. Forever.
good luck to you.

Eric in Atlantic City, New Jersey

79 months ago

There is a lot of good information at my blog:

adviceforex-offenderslookingforjobs.blogspot.com/

unemployed in Memphis, Tennessee

79 months ago

not all people with felony records actually committed the crimes and some were not so severe that they should hinder a person from obtaining decent employment. some of us are even far more honest and sincere than you obviously are. it is truly a shame to get 'caught up' with the wrong people and end up having to admit to something that you didn't do just to get out of jail because you don't know the system. furthermore, you should just eat in from now on because one thing that i do know is that most of the best chefs learned to cook while incarcerated.

Odum Carter in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

I have a felony on my record and I feel restricted. I was young when i got into trouble and I only have a ged that I recieved while in jail. I don't have any work experience and I really need a job. Does anyone out there know what I shold do?

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.