Finding Jobs That Will Hire People With a Felony.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 1315)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

Stella

73 months ago

Rarefind1977 in Detroit, Michigan said: I have a felony that resulted from a car accident and semi racially stimulated conversation as a result of that accident. It was not violent I have never been in trouble before. I did not spend one day in jail, and I plead to the offense due to bad advice from my public defender. I look back on that day and I feel THERE ARE things I could have done different, I now am working on my second masters . I already have a B.A. in journalism, masters in public relations and this last degree will be in Business administration and marketing.
I own my own business although its not to profit status I am working on it!!! BUT its not enough to pay the bills. I have a non profit for kids that mentors them about the importance of making good decisions and I would say that I have turned my s alife around, but truthfully I was always been a good person I just had one REALLY bad day and I am paying for it in ways I could have never imagined. My life is close to unbearable due to the fact the jobs I have are barely enough to pay for anything. It feels as if my college education does not matter. EVERYONE makes mistakes, but society is so unforgiving. People talk about the people who do jail time, but the truth is even those of us that have never seen the inside of a jail suffer as well even more so they don't even have programs set up to help me. I am at my wits end and I am close to losing all hope..

anyone knows of anyone hiring for professional positions in michigan BY ALL MEANS send me an email I am trying everything i can at this point. I deserve to live a decent life and I have so much to offer.

lmjones816@gmail.com

This country will never let you live normally, my friend had to leave to Italy, there are no jobs for people like you and him.
This is their business to make an example out of you. Forever.
good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Atlantic City, New Jersey

73 months ago

There is a lot of good information at my blog:

adviceforex-offenderslookingforjobs.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

unemployed in Memphis, Tennessee

73 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

not all people with felony records actually committed the crimes and some were not so severe that they should hinder a person from obtaining decent employment. some of us are even far more honest and sincere than you obviously are. it is truly a shame to get 'caught up' with the wrong people and end up having to admit to something that you didn't do just to get out of jail because you don't know the system. furthermore, you should just eat in from now on because one thing that i do know is that most of the best chefs learned to cook while incarcerated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Odum Carter in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

I have a felony on my record and I feel restricted. I was young when i got into trouble and I only have a ged that I recieved while in jail. I don't have any work experience and I really need a job. Does anyone out there know what I shold do?

Anna in Middle Village, New York

72 months ago

Hi Odum. Go to college and continue your education. You wouldn't get a decent job with just a GED even if you didn't have a felony record. Those days are looooong gone. If you want people to take you seriously you must prove yourself by showing them how you've change by making real changes and an education is a way of doing it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

72 months ago

I understand your trying to give a opportunity to those of us who SERIOUSLY need employment. Like myself,I have been unemployed long enough that my bills are seriously past due. My husband has worked at the same place for 6 years. But right now its not enough to cover our house car and basic bills. And I went and looked at the site and noticed just like all the other ones that I have looked at, you still have to buy a kit. I am wondering how I am going to get food to pay my bills and feed my kids. Theres no way I could give you 2 bucks for a kit.

service4cash in Valencia said: if you want to see a business opportunity check this out and get back to me !
www.davisfamily.acnrep.com/g_opportunity_buspres_video.asp?CO_LA=US_EN&BW=
and email me back if you want to get payed when the phone rings ! patrickldavissr@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lynda in Valencia, California

72 months ago

arlenie in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: What you have to do is build your own business, there are many places to start on the internet.

Look for a business you want to work in with the internet there are many business you can start for as little as 10.00 a month, it only takes you doing the work. I dont know anyone who is willing to do the hard work they need that has not been a success.

You just have to find what works for you.

I wish you all much success...

I've been on the internet looking for a scam free online job, I have 2+ years in customer service,clerical,sales corrdinator etc... worked for Covercraft Ind for 11 years and then workmans comp forced them to relocate the plant to Oklahoma City years ago and life has been ..... since!!! I want a home buisness due to some health problems...I'm in the early stages of MS so needless to say time is of the essence....but I am a STRONG willed woman...and I will survive!!!! So any home biz that anyone knows about again PLEASE email me if not here at buffy32961@yahoo.com
All the best to everyone out there and all I can say is keep tough and never give up!!!
Always with a SMILE..........Lynda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

lynda in Valencia, California

72 months ago

so what buisness are you doing from home???? Care to share???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Atlantic City, New Jersey

72 months ago

There is a lot of information for ex-offenders and felons looking for work at my blog:

www.jailtojob.com/wordpress

service4cash in Valencia

72 months ago

yes my BUSNESS IS GETTING PAYED WHEN THE PHONE RINGS ! SEE THIS .
www.davisfamily.acnrep.com/g_opportunity_buspres_video.asp?CO_LA=US_EN&BW=
AND IF YOU ARE REALLY LOOKING FOR A WAY TO MAKE ALOT OF MONEY PART TIME.
EMAIL ME [ patrickldavissr@yahoo.com ].....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

service4cash in Valencia, California

72 months ago

and see this also so you can see how BIG we really are !
www2.acninc.com/acninaction/2008images/apprenticeFLYER.pdf
and if you want to ride the next wave of wealth then contact me
[ patrickldavissr@yahoo.com ] ...

service4cash in Valencia, California

72 months ago

DONT WAIT UNTILL IT IS 2 LATE AND SAY I WISH I DID !
THAT IS HOW FAST WAVES OF WEALTH MOOVE ! JUST LIKE WHEN BILL GATES ASKED EVERY ONE TO SEE AND THEY THOUGHT HE WAZ CRAZY ! I WOULD LOVE TO BE CRAZY AND WEALTHY.
THAN CRAZY BECAUSE I HAVE TO KEEP EXCHANGING MY TIME FOR MONEY ! AND THEN DIE BROKE , AND LEAVE ALL MY BILLS BEHIND FOR MY FAMILY TO DO THE SAME ADDING MY BILLS TO THERE BILLS !

LUCKY_CHANCE81@YAHOO.COM in Kansas City, Kansas

71 months ago

I myself have recently been discharged from the missouri dept. of corrections.I have strived and pushed myself beyond all levels to locate and hold steady employment.It does get over-whelming at times when you are a parent doing what you can to provide for your family.It seems as if once you became a number in our great dept. of corrections you are hunted for the rest of your days.The charge I had was minor there was no victim and no type of violence,So why not give myself and others in today's society a chance at being employed.I can be contacted at this site lucky_chance81@yahoo.com further more if any employers are looking for an extremely hard woker I am your ex-con.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

THE QUEEN OF BAYTOWN in Baytown, Texas

71 months ago

MrMr. in Millington, Michigan said: Because of typical human behavior it is allways better not ever to say anything about your record. Just change your dates that you work, even put down self employed. But take a word from the wise dont ever tell on yourself

THAT'S WRONG BECAUSE EVEN IF YOU DO OR DON'T TELL ON YOURSELF THEY STILL COULD LOOK YOU UP BECAUSE MOST JOBS DO AND APARTMENT COMPLEX TOO JUST BE HONEST I THINK THAT THE MAIN KEY.

lori in Cincinnati, Ohio

71 months ago

Good information in Winterville, Georgia said: Thanks for the info. I will never spend another dime at Denny's. I sure don't want a criminal cooking my food.

Please let us all know if you folks get jobs at other businesses so we can avoid those as well.

Wow, you have a closed mind. I have a felony for theft and have since become a Christian. I am in school and have been a volunteer for many years. Remember, let he without sin cast the first stone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

naomi in Valencia, California

71 months ago

has anybody had any luck with MMTS makemoneytakingSurveys??

Roxie in Des Moines, Iowa

71 months ago

I'am doing they surveys that don't make me buy something to get the money posted. I weeded the ones that don't pay money only prizes.

been there done that in Virginia Beach, Virginia

71 months ago

MrMr. in Millington, Michigan said: dont tell people youve been convicted make up personal work history for time being locked up say you worked for yourself

They will run a background check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

davism.t@comcast.net in Roseville, Michigan

71 months ago

Yes, I agree 100% I am also a felon and I have been thinking about this for some time now. The only way to deal with Michigans felony discrimination is to go into business for ourselves. I have trade skills and the will and motivation to put my skills to work with those of like mind. I think it would be good for us to put our ideas and positive energy together and form something that has structure. MD

glc1967 in Wapakoneta, Ohio

70 months ago

calvin jiles in Terre Haute, Indiana said: ive been clear on my felony convinction of posession of cocaine since the year of 2002 and realize i made a mistake in my younger years but feel like i been discrimated against because how do people not just myself supposed to provide for their families if the work force world always is holding something against us for something that is the past.

I live in Ohio. You are so right. You make a bad judement in your life & you pay for it the rest of your life.

glc1967 in Wapakoneta, Ohio

70 months ago

Martisa Hunt in Rochester, Michigan said: Hi severeal years ago i was in a domestic violence relationship and i ended up assaulting my assaulter and i
got in trouble for that I have a lot of
work experience in light industrial general labor machine operator assembly
sorting and housekeping supervisor,but
i cant find a job because everyone does
backround checks.I dont think that's
fair if you dont give people a chance
how will you ever know how good of a
worker you passed up.What should i do?

You are so right. I get so upset because I can't get a job. with my felony

jessy in Baltimore, Maryland

70 months ago

Well, i'll tell u what. i'm trying to doeverything in my power right now to rise above all this crap. i am currently going to college, or technical trade school 4 heating and cool/hvac/r and i just finished my 10 weeks first phase class which i have about 50 weeks left. i got the highest grade in class aced all my test's. well i'm working one a day week so now i'm having trouble surviving. i just quit my college course's because i can survive to find a job because of yes i hate to say it an ex-felon. i live in ks, mo and had 2 jobs at the biggest buildings in ks, mo as a buildind maintenance guy...a perfect start as a career job, they said sir u got the job we just need to do a drug test, no problem and then it came he said a criminal backround check and u can start on mon. that sucked, well i have had this happen 2 me dozens of times and now i'm about to be put on the streets because i can't pay my rent and i have been surviving off potatos, and in two days my land lord doesn't know i don't have the rent. so i'm busted. i'll probably call my parole agent tomorrow and tell him to just lock me back up because i have failed and i can live on the streets it's 10 degrees outside i'll die. so sorry fella's maybe i'll see u guy's on the rebound......i hate this life. i might as well be fu*kin dead i can,t take this anymore.

mom of 5 in Noble, Illinois

70 months ago

jessy in Baltimore, Maryland said: Well, i'll tell u what. i'm trying to doeverything in my power right now to rise above all this crap. i am currently going to college, or technical trade school 4 heating and cool/hvac/r and i just finished my 10 weeks first phase class which i have about 50 weeks left. i got the highest grade in class aced all my test's. well i'm working one a day week so now i'm having trouble surviving. i just quit my college course's because i can survive to find a job because of yes i hate to say it an ex-felon. i live in ks, mo and had 2 jobs at the biggest buildings in ks, mo as a buildind maintenance guy...a perfect start as a career job, they said sir u got the job we just need to do a drug test, no problem and then it came he said a criminal backround check and u can start on mon. that sucked, well i have had this happen 2 me dozens of times and now i'm about to be put on the streets because i can't pay my rent and i have been surviving off potatos, and in two days my land lord doesn't know i don't have the rent. so i'm busted. i'll probably call my parole agent tomorrow and tell him to just lock me back up because i have failed and i can live on the streets it's 10 degrees outside i'll die. so sorry fella's maybe i'll see u guy's on the rebound......i hate this life. i might as well be fu*kin dead i can,t take this anymore.

Jesse in Baltimore
I'm sorry the weather is so cool, it is too in Illinois. Keep trying, stay honest, offer a trial if you do well ok if not well next door. A maintenance position is a pretty good catch and they are needed with apartments and office buildings. That is what my guy does. He isn't paid as well as he should be for all he does, but they know he is FILLING the position. Maybe you could get a grant and start your own business? Good Luck, don't give up hang in there. Everyone has made mistakes, some have not been caught yet. We are only human. God loves us all.

HB in Orlando, Florida

70 months ago

DON'T give up, Jessy. I say the same for others here that posted the past 3 weeks. Jessy, YOU, are NOT alone in this situation. Also, please notice that I know MANY people in your situation and those unemployed never incarcerated in this economy leaving the politics out of this whether they are disgusted with a political party or not. Just DON'T give up HOPE! Be PROUD of yourself for making the effort to attend school and how WELL you have done! It ISN'T the end of your education. WE ALL go through times of trouble and disappointment sometimes for a short time and sometimes for years. One gentleman I know took until age 38 to get out from under his record and previous lifestyle. He's 70 years old now and has been telling so many that for the last 32 years he kept the faith and kept on despite what was all around him. Time goes by so fast these days but not when in jail or in criminal situations that may be or not be their fault. People have been in jail for many years before being exhonerated late in life. I believe in God and am a Christian. You can take that or leave that as your choice. If you have tried everything else, what does it cost to see if He exists and is there to help you. Good churches with ministries to the homeless and/or criminal histories have been helped to find work, places to live, food, and gone on to have families living with their head held high. YOU are NOT a failure! As far as being dead or no longer on this Earth, can YOU, Jessy, be SURE that dying will take you to a BETTER place OR somewhere of COMPLETE sadness and NO hope and NEVER able to come back to find out YOU COULD have been successful. I know I wouldn't want to die to find out that life wasn't better being dead and not able to change where I'm at for eternity. It's okay to feel discouraged and hopeless at times. But you ARE here to help others and yourself. I PROMISE you, Jessy, this too shall pass, and YOU WILL be able to stay out of prison where you really don't want to go!

dilligad

70 months ago

Not every convicted felon is guilty or unable to grow and change there ways if they are guilty. Not everyone is perfect, not even in there last days. Some people just have enough money for better lawyers than others. Even you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you are, I hope you have the money for a good lawyer.
If you truly would not spend another dime at Denny's, you may want to start cooking at home. You never know if your server or your cook is fellon or not. Those are two of the easiest jobs for a felon to get.

dilligad

70 months ago

cinpat in Atlanta, Georgia said: i have no visable tatts, matter of a fact i am 47 and look professional.. really need some input from someone in georgia area, do you know anywhere where they will hire me??

Been there done that. Served 7 yrs 8 months in GA. When I got out I relocated to the Stonemountain/Snellville area. Try Huddle House, Atlanta Humane Sociaty, Messages Inc., Waffle House, Duble Tree Hotel, etc. These are just a few that I can remember off the top of my head. Give them a try.
Do yourself a faver, NEVER say yes to the are you a convicted felon question. Always answer with "willing to discuss". This gives you a chance to be up front with them and to explane your position.
Good luck!

ecruwithme in Brandon, Florida

69 months ago

After reading your comment (and rolling my eyes, of course) I thought to myself that your ignorance didn't merit a reply....but then I revisited the idea and decided that it was my civic duty to point out to you and to all others who may read this that it is that exact attitude and judgement of others and their wrong-doings which fuel the never ending vicious cycle of a criminal society. I'm not sure which perfect world you live in, but here on Earth, people make mistakes, and hopefully learn from them. The young man that posted comments about working at Denny's deserves some respect and recognition for doing whatever it took to support himself and his family. Since it is so unspeakable for this man, who admittedly made some poor choices in the past, to cook your beloved Denny's Grand Slam, I suppose you would rather he go out and rob people, sell drugs, or beg for money on a street corner...or better yet, how about he gives up trying to work at all, and decides to live off of our welfare system, stop raising his children, and has only a negative impact on society! But then again, you would probably snub your nose to all of those as well! So, my point is this, instead-of being part of the problem--be a part of the solution! Open your eyes and realize we are all one, all brothers and sisters, the good and the bad...so how can we make it better?? Oh yes, and one more thing...it is not my place to judge you...but I sure hope you are not someone who calls yourself a Christian! P.S. I am an educated, caucasian female, who has no criminal history whatsoever...so please, don't blow me off thinking I am just a distraught, felony committing, young minority male, who is retaliating!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don LaCombe in Keller, Texas

69 months ago

That was well put I commend you for your opinion. One thing our country does need to get better at is standing behind our Constitution where you are INNOCENT UNTIL "PROVEN" GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW. I say that because once you are arrested for whatever the reason your name is placed on a database nationwide saying you have charges pending and that insight employers again will not hire you. So you are punished without due process. NOT FAIR.

bel in Anaheim, California

69 months ago

wow. How ignorant. You could be more criminal than a person with a record. There are cases of people with criminal past for being involved in a situation they havent even take part of.

Anarda in Miami, Florida

69 months ago

I will validate that. I am a person with a burglary felony, and was charged with this crime, while the police officers involved stated that they knew I wasn't involved but that they had to charge someone with the crime.. I plead guilty so I wouldn't spend three months in jail, before the trail. So, now I have a felony conviction, and haven't been able to find a job. Because of people like the one that doesn't want to be served by a criminal.

Vlad52 in New York, New York

69 months ago

Its time we stop talking about our problems and fight fight fight... we must orginze and take our cause to the white house. I know most of us are ashamed of what we were convicted of. and rightfully so most of us are innocent. we must stand up once and for all and fight. If wall street ppl can steal millions of dollars and get away with their jobs intact, and priest can assault little kids and get away with their profession untainted we have every right to do the not only the same, but to live in this twisted society in peace... we have paid for our crimes now we just want to provide for our family's. naturally there will be those on this site who will have nothing but harsh things to say about us, but we must remember they are not speaking from experience. and i say directly to you haters, you are one mistake away from everything you love and have worked for being taken away from you as well. Don't think this cant happen to you to...

deannagood

69 months ago

Let me tell you something,while you are sitting there looking your nose down on ex-felons that are trying to make a living like you,lets take a look into back ground and see what kind of person you have always been.Maybe you just havent got caught yet and when you do,us felons will make sure we are the first ones to look our noses down on you.Anything can happen to anyone at anytime!

deannagood

69 months ago

glc1967 in Wapakoneta, Ohio said: I live in Ohio. You are so right. You make a bad judement in your life & you pay for it the rest of your life.

I completely agree with you! I have one felony on my record from 3 years ago and the way I see it,I might as well have just spent the rest of my life in prison because felons are completely shunned from normal life for the rest of our lifes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Roxie in Des Moines, Iowa

69 months ago

Everyone sure showed up for those free breakfests at Denny's. They had to serve people the next day.

jsk1963 in Raleigh, North Carolina

69 months ago

Over 47 million people in the country have criminal records. That's 1 in 5 adults. You'd have a very difficult time only visiting establishments that never hire ex-offenders. Even those that say they don't often do. They just don't let the public know for fear of people who say things like you said.

Employment is the number one way to reduce recidivism. If they are cooking your food at Denny's they are not breaking into your home while you eat.

pink

69 months ago

Joanne in Nokomis, Florida said: Is your boyfriend still looking for a job cause my boyfriend live in Ocala and is looking for help selling vending machines to indivual company's and would need help around his house doing odds and ends cause he's handicapped and doesn't like people with achol and drug related problems

Hey Joanne, Does your boyfriend have any jobs in alabama with help selling vending machine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

steph2583 in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

Hello Forum,

I am Stephanie I am currently talking to a nice young man that is 30 yrs. old and pretty much has lost all hope for getting a job here in Dallas,Tx.. does anyone know of any places he can go or people he needs to contact so he can get his ball rolling.. As a good friend I am really trying to stay by his side through this.. He was in the military for 6 years. but it is what he did after-wards which was a misdemeanor... Please I need Help.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hottie in Rome, New York

68 months ago

Good luck finding a place to eat. I hope you know how to cook or have someone cook for you. Most food places out there have people working for them that have made mistakes. Im sure your perfect. IDIOT

Bigsexy_8424 in Lansing, Michigan

67 months ago

I have a federal felony and I don't have much work experience because I have children. I am a very hard worker and I have alot of experience working in a kitchen, cooking, grilling, cleaning, stocking, and serving. I still can't seem to get a job just because I mark yes on my application, they have told me that that is the only reason why I haven't gotten a job is because of that reason alone.

sunshine in Southfield, Michigan

67 months ago

It is ashame how this world we live in are so judgemental and hold things against you. Everyone makes mistakes. No one should be pointing the finger| if you make a mistake it will be held against forever. You are marked. This world will never accept you. So, the only answer I have for you is pray. God is the only one that can change the hearts of men to hire of despite of your record. He is the one that is in control of everything. People don't like to hear that, but it is the truth. I was conflicted of a misdemeanor and can't find a job. At least not hear in michigan. This world is so judgemental and one day the world itself will be judge.

anthony in Mankato, Minnesota

67 months ago

MrMr. in Millington, Michigan said: dont tell people youve been convicted make up personal work history for time being locked up say you worked for yourself

But won't you get into to trouble for not telling the truth? I know other people have told me to do that to and I have but it doesn't seem to help I am 19 and I can't find a job no one will hire me I have a record also but I just need a chance.

anthony in Mankato, Minnesota

67 months ago

I thought you could get in trouble for not telling the truth on a application about your records. I have been told that also not to but anything down But I still can't get a job. I am 19 and have a record and it scares me that I can't find a job because I have a 2 year old son and I can't support him. It sucks

susan

67 months ago

I took my computer to the pawn shop so i could get money to buy formula for my infant. I was making payments to a store for my computer so i could look for and apply for better jobs, I got a felony for lying to a pawn broker saying the computer was mine. In my head it was mine so long as the payments were currant. my unintensional mistake, and i will pay for that the rest of my life. So I'm glad to know that IDIOTS LIKE YOU won't be showing up at my place of employment, you made my day you inbread moron!

Alex in Portland, Oregon

67 months ago

Bigotry in hiring practices is legal, retaining someone else's personal and credit information is not.

I got convicted of federal NFA charges back in 2005 and did three rough years of federal prison time which I could have sleazed out of if I had snitched on others who consider themselves to be "good citizens" but own illegal guns. I took the honorable path and did my time, but now it is amazing how many people just call it "once a crook always a crook" and won't hire me. I never stole from an employer, did not do dope, none of those stupid tatoos or "gangsta slang", but there is this common indulgence in the prejudice that not only keeps me mostly unemployed, but even the jobs I do get tend to be short term and low pay, which in itself does not look good on applications.

I met several people in federal prison who had been employers or posed as employers in order to gain "profiles" of people whose identities they ripped off in varying degrees. Now I go on craigslist, the newspaper or even through the employment department and see "employers" simply farming profiles by pretending that they are hiring, or collecting waaaay too many detailed applications with full identity information for the number of openings that they really have.

These jokers always seem to think they have outsmarted the "cons and criminals", until they get caught and have to walk the yard with their victims.

The first SOB I catch stealing my identity from a job application is going to prison, and when he or she gets there, I'll have da boyz on the yard give them a very special welcome...

Nicholas M. Stroup in Universal City, Texas

66 months ago

I have noticed alot of person's suggesting Trade schools and such for a person like my self with no experince how to fill out paper work or were to get it to obtain a better future for us ffelons and for those who have been hurt by a felon i aplogize

Duccinasty in Hempstead, New York

66 months ago

I was convicted of a Violent felony, I did my time and finished parole I've been searching for a job since 2006, i have filled out apps all over the place, i say 1000 apps and have not even gotten a call back. this sucks. if i lie on the app that will go against me and now that i tell them that is going against me. i do not know what to do. i need not want i need a job ASAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don in Keller, Texas

66 months ago

You know I understand your frustration but keeping striving for your future. One thing that I would suggest to you is get with your family and get the financing to start up your own business ie. real-estate investing or buy items at auctions and than resell them for a little markup but don't be greedy make money off the many not the few. You may even consider taking on a position as a jailer or prison guard. In most states you are eligible for those kind of positions after a period of time. Don't get caught up in the idea that you spent time there and don't want to go back. Guarding is much different than residing. Just some thoughts to consider.

unnerved in Shreveport, Louisiana

66 months ago

I think that if you made a mistake in your life at some point in your life and now you have made the penalty for it you would NOT want to be judge either. AND I am sure you have made a mistake or teo in your life plenty of times just like other people have UNLESS you are Jesus, himsself and if that was the case we would stand befre your Father for judgement not even you. And as far letting you know where others who have had felonies work so you can avoid them, I guess you'll never go anywhere and by the way some of the prison prgrams for belts, purses, and I'm sure those items you by from other countries have felons who work there or have done the same things we have done or worse and yet I don't think you have banned from using all non_American made items. Have you? Please address your own issues before having the audacity to venture into something you haven't experienced. I hope you don't have to experience anything like this or someone you love because it is hard.

oldiebutgoodiegirl in Marion, Iowa

66 months ago

To find out what employers will hire someone with a felony, contact your local workforce (unemployment office) and see if they offer job fairs for persons with felony. This is where they only allow employers who are willing to accept persons with a record. If the employer is not willing to hire a felon they do not participate in this particular type of job fair. If your state does not offer this, request that they start.

oldiebutgoodiegirl in Marion, Iowa

66 months ago

Update: H.R. 1529, The Second Chance for Ex-Offenders Act of 2009

On March 16, 2009, Congressman Charles B. Rangel [D-NY] sponsored and introduced The Second Chance for Ex-Offenders Act of 2009 [HR 1529] which would permit expungement of records of certain nonviolent criminal offenses. Second Chance for Ex-Offenders Act of 2009 - It amends the federal criminal code to allow an individual to file a petition for expungement of a record of conviction for a nonviolent criminal offense if such individual has:

(1) never been convicted of a violent offense and has never been convicted of a nonviolent offense other than the one for which expungement is sought;

(2) fulfilled all requirements of the sentence of the court in which conviction was obtained;

(3) remained free from dependency on or abuse of alcohol or a controlled substance for a minimum of one year and has been rehabilitated, to the court's satisfaction, if so required by the terms of supervised release;

(4) obtained a high school diploma or completed a high school equivalency program; and

(5) completed at least one year of community service. Status of the Legislation. Latest Major Action: 3/16/2009: Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.'

the Second Chance Act of 2007 (H.R. 1593), titled "To reauthorize the grant program for reentry of offenders into the community in the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968, to improve reentry planning and implementation, and for other purposes" was submitted to the House by Representative Danny Davis (D-IL) to amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to reauthorize, rewrite, and expand provisions for adult and juvenile offender state and local reentry demonstration projects to provide expanded services to offenders and their families for reentry into society. H.R. 1593 was signed into law April 9, 2008.

Update: In 2008, there were two bills entitled "The Second Chance Act (SCA)" (both are menti

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.