Any Success in Finding Surveyor Work if Relocating at Own Expense?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

CynthiaSurveyor'sWife in Salt Lake City, Utah

56 months ago

My husband has been a party chief for almost 10 years, and there is nothing in the world he would rather do. He is very passionate about being a land surveyor (LSIT) and intent do get his license soon.

He was laid off here in UT last month and after reading these foruns, we are scared to death about him not finding work. We are not afraid to move if necessary (we came to UT after things went down hill in VA)...but after 1 month applying for jobs all over to the US, he has got just 1 interview by phone so far. I believe that the hiring companies are not even considering hiring someone that is not local because of the lack of relocation assistance. We would pay for our relocation if necessary, to ANYWHERE in the US. Being without work is what is out of question...
Any work? Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Travis Haizlip in Topeka, Kansas

55 months ago

Is your husband licensed? Would he could he bet licensed in Kansas & Missouri

Travis Haizlip in Topeka, Kansas

55 months ago

Is your husband licensed? Would he, could he get licensed in Kansas & Missouri?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Surveyor'sWife in Salt Lake City, Utah

55 months ago

Travis, he is not licensed, yet. He passed the Fundamentals of Surveying last October and was hoping to get his UT license soon. He could get licensed anywhere as soon as he gets to know the local surveying laws....I guess that's how it works. And I know that, after getting your first license, the others State licenses should be easier to get.
How is work in Kansas and Missouri?

jessica in Idaho Falls, Idaho

55 months ago

ask travis if he is my dad!! my mom was kim.
if so email me at jessica.denning@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.