Are there really more survey jobs back East than out West?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Devon Karl in Bend, Oregon

54 months ago

Looking on Indeed and Craigslist there are a lot of postings from the Midwest to the East Coast. Is this a real trend or smoke and mirrors?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

only me in Overland Park, Kansas

47 months ago

Devon Karl in Bend, Oregon said: Looking on Indeed and Craigslist there are a lot of postings from the Midwest to the East Coast. Is this a real trend or smoke and mirrors?

I live in Kansas City and from what Ive seen since I got laid off and year and a half ago, surveying is a dying profession in this area. Everyone wants you to have a four year degree. If I had that, it sure as hell wouldnt be in surveying. Also, alot of contractors are hiring thier own lay out guys because its cheeper than to hire a company to do it. They are getting what the pay for. I men with a year or two in the field that couldnt read a set a plans to save there life. Let alone fix the problem because we all know how helpful engineers can be. LOL. No disrespect to you engineers that do help the surveyors and turn out good plans.

jamesDean7 in Valdosta, Georgia

47 months ago

NO!

KMaxwell in Auburn

42 months ago

The whole country is suffering because of the bad economy, and I think it doesn't really matter where you're from. Businesses just want to save, they too are suffering and if they're hiring lay out guys to do the job then at least these people are still earning.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.