starting a new job as a leasing agent! need some advice!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

sue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

i will be starting a new job as an angent. although i have worked, mostly as an assistant to brokers, i dont have experience as an actual agent! any tips on good sites with helpful resources, or if anyone has any tips to help me, i would really appreciate it! thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

currentlyaleasingagent in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

Qualifying the Client!! I've been doing this for over 6 mos. (I have a background in sales) now and I found out the hard way, if you don't get ALL the necessary information from the client you'll be spending a lot of useless time and energy with someone who has no intention of ever signing a lease with you. There are a lot of people out there that don't really want to get an apt. but want someone to show them around. I believe that's one of the reasons there's such high turnover in real estate, especially leasing.

That's something NO ONE ever tells you in this business. All they (employer) ever focus on is how much money you're going to make, which for the most part is a myth!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

currentlyaleasingagent in Chicago, Illinois

47 months ago

Personal to Selva -- I believe the original poster already has a job, as do I. Please do us all a favor and don't post this junk about part-time jobs, leave it in your basement along with your bad English!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.